Origin of modern day FET
« on: February 15, 2016, 01:48:25 PM »
I'm just curious, why is it that you believe that the earth is flat, when there is not much evidence to support this hypothesis? Some of you say that it is what you see that you believe, but you don't see far enough to have proof. Where did this belief come from, despite all of the concrete mathematical evidence against it?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Origin of modern day FET
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 05:02:58 PM »
Your question is unanswerable due to its reliance on a false assumption. The immense amount of verifiable evidence for FET is precielsely the reason of its growing popularity
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 07:32:17 PM »
what scientific evidence has supported a flat earth? What are the names of the scientists or universities that have conducted these studies? You need to name these things if you're going to refute an argument by saying that one's assumption is false

Offline Woody

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 07:38:48 PM »
Your question is unanswerable due to its reliance on a false assumption. The immense amount of verifiable evidence for FET is precielsely the reason of its growing popularity

I would disagree with the immense amount of verifiable evidence.

On the wiki the only things I could verify and look into proved to have errors.  The Bishop Experiment is an example of this.  The distance stated is 10 miles off, the only place I can find it acknowledged is in a single thread here.  I would also question if the telescope was 20 inches above the water.  The area where it states the observer was is a rocky shore with a rather steep drop off to the water.

IMHO verifiable means I can recreate the experiment and/or all the data provided is correct and allows me to research it looking for other conclusions that can be drawn.  What I see from the FES is a lack of one or two important things.  For example usually one of these is left out, distance, height of observer, height of target, conditions.  I also notice that the drop tends to be calculated from the observer's position and not the visible horizon in a lot of the evidence provided.

Your evidence is the world looks flat when you go about your daily activities.  It is not an immense amount of evidence compared to 2,300 plus years of science and observations continually supporting the Earth is a sphere.