Yaakov ben Avraham

Ask a Jew anything.
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:15:43 PM »
In the Heaven thread, someone actually suggested this. If anyone has any questions about Jews & Judaism, I'll try to answer. I'm neither the most brilliant nor the most foolish Jew in the world. I like to think I'm reasonably well informed. If I can't answer your question, I'll tell you that too. So, fire ahead. If nobody does, that won't offend me either. This is just an offer.

Re: Ask a Jew anything.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »
What's the deal with airplane peanuts?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 06:43:54 PM »
Please elaborate. I haven't been on a plane in yrs.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 08:04:03 PM »
If the body is a temple meant to be kept pristine, e.g. don't get tattoos,  why are small Jewish boys subjected to ceremonial genital mutilation, thus damaging the temple?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 08:45:26 PM »
Duck, interesting! I never looked @ it that way. The command in the Scripture was given. No explanation. However, the Jewish Bible, to my knowledge, & correct me if I'm off on this, says nothing about body as temple business. That's Pauline, NT Christian stuff. Getting circumcised differentiated us then & now from those not of the Covenant. The same is true of NOT shaving or getting tatoos. For Christians, something had to replace the Temple, so the temple of the Holy Ghost did (the body). For Jews, the Jerusalem Temple will be rebuilt in the days of Messiah.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 10:10:04 PM »
Saddam, when do you plan on engaging in coitus w/ your nearest female relative in order to continue the inbreeding from which you so obviously come?

Thork

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 10:14:48 PM »
For Christians, something had to replace the Temple, so the temple of the Holy Ghost did (the body).
We call it a church.

When do you plan on fucking off back to whatever website you came from?
Stop being butthurt that we picked up a Jew. They are everywhere. Whilst he is here, he isn't thinking up ways to hoard gold.

Rama Set

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 10:20:29 PM »
Stop being butthurt that we picked up a Jew. They are everywhere. Whilst he is here, he isn't thinking up ways to hoard gold.

But maybe bitcoins.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 10:25:15 PM »
Why is completing an electrical circuit considered "work" and is forbidden by some on the sabbath?
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 10:40:58 PM »
Well, the Orthodox classify that as 'starting a fire'. So, by their standard, its ok for me to walk 38 blocks to shul, but not to get in a car & drive or even ride there! Go figure. I don't classify myself as strictly Orthodox, or any movement. I consider that they all have good things to offer. I re: myself as moderately traditional, but I do ride on Sabbath. If I owned a car, I'd drive, & did, when I did own one.

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 10:42:23 PM »
In the Heaven thread, someone actually suggested this. If anyone has any questions about Jews & Judaism, I'll try to answer. I'm neither the most brilliant nor the most foolish Jew in the world. I like to think I'm reasonably well informed. If I can't answer your question, I'll tell you that too. So, fire ahead. If nobody does, that won't offend me either. This is just an offer.
Yeah I have a question: why the flip do jewish people act like jewish is a race when it is a religion?
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Thork

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 10:43:57 PM »
Yeah I have a question: why the flip do jewish people act like jewish is a race when it is a religion?
So they can accuse you of being racist when you question their despicable actions. See Israel.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 10:45:27 PM »
1/32 is ignored. Everybody else, please continue.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 11:32:14 PM »
Seeing what Thork said, I'll respond to that. Jews are not, and never have been, a race, nor do we pretend to be. We are an ethnic group, which is quite different. A Jew shares DNA with another Jew that he does not share with you. A Levite shares DNA with another Levite that he does not even share with other Jews. A Cohen shares even closer DNA with another Cohen that he does not share with Levites or other Jews, although Cohens are Levites and both of them are Jews. I shan't go on at length because I've discussed this matter to the point of wanting to vomit in other threads, on both Flat Earth websites. As far as doing things with which a person might disagree, anyone can disagree with a given action of the State of Israel without being anti-Semitic. But when one expects Israel to act differently than other nations might act when faced with similar circumstances, that IS anti-Semitic, and needs to be called out.

So, that having been said, I think I've responded to Thork reasonably well. Responding to 1/32 isn't necessary. He is ignored. The rest of you, please continue. I won't respond to 1/32 unless one of you does, like Thork did. Otherwise, he will be ignored.

Rama Set

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 11:48:32 PM »
It's not anti-Semitic since, by definition Arabs are a Semitic people as well. But please keep on trying to appropriate it. It would be difficult for other nations to be in the position that Israel believes itself to be since there can be only one land of milk and honey right?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 11:56:13 PM »
If you prefer, I shall use the term "anti-Jewish". We did not not invent the term "anti-Semite". That was a German in the late 19th Century who hated Jews. He called himself an anti-Semite. It wasn't Hitler, who was Austrian. I forget the dude's name, actually. I could probably find it, but I don't care to. You're right. Arabs are Semites, and there are a few more people that are as well, or at least that use Semitic languages (some various folk in Ethiopia).

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 01:42:26 AM »
So they can accuse you of being racist when you question their despicable actions. See Israel.
Exacley I have much disdan for israel they STOL the lands from the palastinens!!!
1/32 is ignored. Everybody else, please continue.
Yakoov (hear ill call you "Jewish is a race ::)" for now on ;D) if your going to make a thred were we can ask jewish dude a question you gota be able to anser everey question. Looks pretey bad on your part and I think/know evereyone here can agre with me
Seeing what Thork said, I'll respond to that. Jews are not, and never have been, a race, nor do we pretend to be. We are an ethnic group, which is quite different. A Jew shares DNA with another Jew that he does not share with you. A Levite shares DNA with another Levite that he does not even share with other Jews. A Cohen shares even closer DNA with another Cohen that he does not share with Levites or other Jews, although Cohens are Levites and both of them are Jews. I shan't go on at length because I've discussed this matter to the point of wanting to vomit in other threads, on both Flat Earth websites. As far as doing things with which a person might disagree, anyone can disagree with a given action of the State of Israel without being anti-Semitic. But when one expects Israel to act differently than other nations might act when faced with similar circumstances, that IS anti-Semitic, and needs to be called out.

So, that having been said, I think I've responded to Thork reasonably well. Responding to 1/32 isn't necessary. He is ignored. The rest of you, please continue. I won't respond to 1/32 unless one of you does, like Thork did. Otherwise, he will be ignored.
Thats onley becuz jewish has a supa crazey rule were you can onley marey felow jewish people. (rascism much?) and thats why there so geneticeley in comon. Its stil a religon. Its like how cathlics can onley marey cathliks. Idiot
It's not anti-Semitic since, by definition Arabs are a Semitic people as well. But please keep on trying to appropriate it. It would be difficult for other nations to be in the position that Israel believes itself to be since there can be only one land of milk and honey right?
Jewish is a Semitic religon not a Semitic people
If you prefer, I shall use the term "anti-Jewish". We did not not invent the term "anti-Semite". That was a German in the late 19th Century who hated Jews. He called himself an anti-Semite. It wasn't Hitler, who was Austrian. I forget the dude's name, actually. I could probably find it, but I don't care to. You're right. Arabs are Semites, and there are a few more people that are as well, or at least that use Semitic languages (some various folk in Ethiopia).
What?!! Etheopeins are AFRICAN AMERICANS not semitic!!!
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 01:45:10 AM »
1/32 is being ignored. The rest of you, please continue.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 01:55:23 AM »
When is Israel secretly planning to nuke a populated city and blame it on Iran? I know they have some sort of secret Jew News Network they broadcast on Jew frequencies.

Thork

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 01:56:37 AM »
It's so nice to just read a long string of "You are ignoring this user. Show me the post." messages.
Yeah, you are all ignoring him, and posting it ad nausium every time he posts is a real treat for everyone else. ::)