Offline Ytho

• View Profile
Please explain these things to me
« on: December 05, 2016, 11:11:35 AM »
Alright firstly, I think this is ridiculous, however I would like to hear fact behind it, hence the reason I made this account and thread.

So you are under the belief that the earth is flat, correct? Every picture taken of a round earth from space are photo shopped, and the idea behind gravity is also false?

Well, tell me how do you photo shop a live stream?

Another thing I don't understand is how does the day night cycle work? If the sun and moon move in circular motion around the earth instead of the moon orbiting the earth and the earth orbiting the sun, are all tidal wave effects fake as well? And explain why every single planet in our solar system round, apart from ours?

If gravity does not exist at ALL, how does the sun, moon and stars orbit around earth?

Photo shop invented: 1988

First pictures of earth: 1947

Explain with your theories please.

Can't tell if this forum is a joke or not and I'm entirely interested in finding out.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:25:04 AM by Ytho »

Offline Ytho

• View Profile
Re: Please explain these things to me
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 11:13:51 AM »
Hmm, Made myself look like an idiot. I was meant to type "Moon orbiting earth and earth orbiting the sun"

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 11:21:59 AM »
Hmm, Made myself look like an idiot. I was meant to type "Moon orbiting earth and earth orbiting the sun"

Click the Actions button on the top right of your post. Select Modify. Edit away.
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 11:26:35 AM »
Well, tell me how do you photo shop a live stream?
You stream a pre-recorded video. It's really not difficult, and it's public knowledge, well documented by mainstream media, that this happens. Not even directly related to FET, it's just a few clickbaity trolls trying to make a buck.

Naturally, the article also claims that real livestreams exist, but the same principle can be easily applied.

Another thing I don't understand is how does the day night cycle work? If the sun and moon move in circular motion around the earth instead of the moon orbiting the sun and the moon orbiting the earth, are all tidal wave effects fake as well?
Please read the FAQ.

And explain this as well, why is every single planet in our solar system round, apart from ours?
Let's take this logic to its conclusion:

• All the furniture in my dining room is chairs, except for the table. How can you possibly explain that? The table must, in fact, be a chair, after all everything else is!
  • 9 out of 10 animals in this pet store are cats, therefore it's inconceivable that the 10th animal is a dog. It must be a cat.
  • I picked 8 bills out of my wallet and they were all $5 bills. The next bill I pick will therefore also necessarily be a $5 bill.

It's an extremely poor argument relying on a misunderstanding of inductive reasoning. I'd probably classify it as a hasty generalisation. There's really nothing to "explain" because your claim doesn't stand up to basic scrutiny to begin with.

Photo shop invented: 1988

First pictures of earth: 1947
I don't think anyone's claiming that Adobe Photoshop, specifically, was used to produce every fake image of the Earth in history. In fact, the original Blue Marble was produced in 1972, and NASA admits that it's a composite image. Therefore, we know for a fact that NASA was involved in photo manipulation before Adobe Photoshop was "invented" - regardless of any conspiracy claims.

Explain with your theories please.
Honestly, you haven't asked anything about "our theories", other than the day/night cycle. Please read the FAQ before proceeding.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Ytho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 11:33:08 AM »
<This part made me look stupid so I removed it>

That's a 24/7 livestream from the ISS, I'd be impressed if they pre recorded an endless live stream.

The first images of a round earth couldn't of possibly been manipulated. No such program existed to that degree. So when everyone is denying the nasa photos calling them fake, explain the first photos.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 08:55:42 AM by Ytho »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 11:45:50 AM »
In regard to the sun and moon. "When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night." Explain why I can see the moon during the day? Is that a paradox, The sun is over my head so it's day! But so is the moon, does that make it both!?
What? What on Earth does the moon have to do with the day/night cycle?

That's a 24/7 livestream from the ISS, I'd be impressed if they pre recorded an endless live stream.
Would you? Procedural generation is extremely common in today's technology, so generating cloud patterns is a no-brainer. Plenty of CGI models of the Earth are already available. Given some time and enough storage space, I could generate you a "live" stream lasting a few years. Or I could generate it on the fly, no problem.

It sounds to me like you're not a particularly techy guy, but you're trying to discuss technical matters with someone qualified in the field. It's not to say that your insight is invalid, but you've just said that you doubt this technology exists, even though it's used every day in video games!

The first images of a round earth couldn't of possibly been manipulated. No such program existed to that degree. So when everyone is denying the nasa photos calling them fake, explain the first photos.
Why would you need a program? Photos have been manipulated and retouched since the dawn of photography.

Here, have an example from 1940:

Damn, where did that Commissar go? After all, no program capable of removing him existed back then!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 11:49:07 AM by SexWarrior »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 11:55:10 AM »
Damn, where did that Commissar go? After all, no program capable of removing him existed back then!
So?

Offline Ytho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 12:05:04 PM »
Why would someone spend money on mass storage just to live stream a fake flat earth, for what reason? If the earth was flat people would admit it. Why wouldn't they?

I have another question, do you believe in gravity? Because this entire theory is based off that. Gravity would stop you from walking on either side of the planet due to it's excessive force on a flat earth, however without gravity the moon would of either crashed into earth or shot into space. Explain why neither of these things have happened or are happening.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 08:56:03 AM by Ytho »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 02:26:39 PM »
So?
-There was no software to do this, therefore it's impossible!
-It is possible, you don't need software, see this example that directly proves it.
-So?

Nice, rabinoz. Nice. I see you're keeping up your usual quality of contributions.

Your day night cycle makes no sense. That's exactly what your FAQ says, "When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night"
Yes. Can you highlight the word "moon" in this quote? I'm going to help you by highlighting the words that refer to the sun, so you have less work to do.

"The sun moves in circles around the North Pole. When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night."

You told me to read the FAQ so I did.
I suppose I did fail to make any mention of reading comprehension...

So explain how I can see the moon during the day time? Where is it? Moon = Night, sun = day, so both = what?
Your idea that "moon = night" has nothing to do with the Flat Earth Theory, or any other theory at all. But, for the record, seeing both the moon and the sun means you can see the sun. Therefore, it's day.

I have another question, do you believe in gravity?
Gravity, yes, gravitation, no.

Because this entire theory is based off that.
No, it's not. There are UA-based Flat Earth models and gravitation-based Flat Earth models.

however without gravity the moon would of either crashed into earth or shot into space
Why do you think that? It's patently untrue, but I'm curious as to where you got that from.

Explain why neither of these things have happened or are happening.
Once again, you ask me to "explain" something you made up. Your logic boils down to something like:
  • If the Earth is round, then my dog must be pink. But I don't even have a dog! EXPLAIN!!!!!!
  • If the Earth is round, then the sun must be inhabited by space pirates. But it's not! EXPLAIN!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 02:30:27 PM by SexWarrior »

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »
Composite image != fake. It's just a simpleton tactic to confuse less informed visitors.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 03:39:19 PM »
So?
-There was no software to do this, therefore it's impossible!
-It is possible, you don't need software, see this example that directly proves it.
-So?

Nice, rabinoz. Nice. I see you're keeping up your usual quality of contributions.

Your day night cycle makes no sense. That's exactly what your FAQ says, "When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night"
Yes. Can you highlight the word "moon" in this quote? I'm going to help you by highlighting the words that refer to the sun, so you have less work to do.

"The sun moves in circles around the North Pole. When it is over your head, it's day. When it's not, it's night."

You told me to read the FAQ so I did.
I suppose I did fail to make any mention of reading comprehension...

So explain how I can see the moon during the day time? Where is it? Moon = Night, sun = day, so both = what?
Your idea that "moon = night" has nothing to do with the Flat Earth Theory, or any other theory at all. But, for the record, seeing both the moon and the sun means you can see the sun. Therefore, it's day.

I have another question, do you believe in gravity?
Gravity, yes, gravitation, no.

Because this entire theory is based off that.
No, it's not. There are UA-based Flat Earth models and gravitation-based Flat Earth models.

however without gravity the moon would of either crashed into earth or shot into space
Why do you think that? It's patently untrue, but I'm curious as to where you got that from.

Explain why neither of these things have happened or are happening.
Once again, you ask me to "explain" something you made up. Your logic boils down to something like:
  • If the Earth is round, then my dog must be pink. But I don't even have a dog! EXPLAIN!!!!!!
  • If the Earth is round, then the sun must be inhabited by space pirates. But it's not! EXPLAIN!!!!!!
So basically a long list of insults?

A guy pursuing a PhD must be capable of more  than that.

Inb4 "Please direct me to any of the statements made that you consider to be insults".
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Ytho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 04:05:23 PM »
This is just an insult game and i'm losing to Go to English class insults

Ok, so you believe in gravity. Good makes sense. But science proves that gravity would have a much greater affect at the edge of a "flat earth" This doesn't happen.

Just some last points:

Explain why a ship in the distance appears Highest point of the ship first, body later? Shouldn't the whole ship appear if the earth was flat

Explain the curve of the horizon on a clear day?

How are time zones meant to work?

A simple one, why can't I find the edge of the planet if it's flat?

Again with only earth, every single planet ever discovered has been in a circular shape, why would earth be flat when it's formed in the same location?

How does an eclipse work?

I can't possibly see a way these can be answered.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:10:57 PM by Ytho »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 05:52:16 PM »
So?

Please refrain from making low-content posts in the upper fora. Warned.

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 12:48:04 AM »
This is just an insult game and i'm losing to Go to English class insults

junker/SexWarrior aren't really interested in giving straight answers. They mostly just try to wind people up. Don't worry about it.

Since no one else will, I'll give you the most common explanations for your questions.

Ok, so you believe in gravity. Good makes sense. But science proves that gravity would have a much greater affect at the edge of a "flat earth" This doesn't happen.

Several different theories about gravity:

1. Universal Acceleration: The earth is accelerating upwards, which mimics the downwards force of gravity. See: the equivalence principle. There are a ton of threads talking about this idea scattered around the forum.
2. Infinite Earth: Earth extends an infinite distance in every direction. Mathematically, this would result in gravity that always points downwards, and is constant with respect to altitude.
3. Gravity is due to atmospheric pressure. I'll be blunt: only idiots who don't understand how pressure works push this idea. It makes absolutely zero sense.

Explain why a ship in the distance appears Highest point of the ship first, body later? Shouldn't the whole ship appear if the earth was flat

There is an alternative theory of perspective developed by Rowbotham. Tons of flat earth explanations depend on misunderstanding how perspective works. When in doubt, just assume that "perspective" is the explanation.

Explain the curve of the horizon on a clear day?

I'm not sure what you mean. You have to be really, really high to notice horizontal curvature of the horizon. (Altitude-high. Not pot-high.)

How are time zones meant to work?

The sun is relatively close, and moves over the surface of the earth acting like a spotlight. It doesn't shine on the whole earth at the same time.

A simple one, why can't I find the edge of the planet if it's flat?

You can try, but the South seas are notoriously dangerous, and Antarctica is notoriously cold. It is not an easy undertaking for the average Joe. Anyone that has explored Antarctica is usually labelled as part of the conspiracy. Also, some people claim that the edge is guarded by the UN/NASA/Illuminati/Nazis.

Again with only earth, every single planet ever discovered has been in a circular shape, why would earth be flat when it's formed in the same location?

They claim earth is fundamentally different than the other planets.

This is somewhat easier to accept if you ignore (or fail to understand) the mathematical relationship between the movement of the planets and the sun.

How does an eclipse work?

There are several semi-active threads trying to get an explanation for lunar eclipses, to not much success. The general idea is that there is a "shadow object" that occasionally passes between the sun and the moon, but is otherwise totally undetectable.

I can't possibly see a way these can be answered.

Most observations can be individually explained on a flat earth if you are creative/imaginative enough. This is why it is important for theories to be tested against a wide range of observations, and to make sure there is evidence for a theory beyond just the single phenomenon that the theory was created to explain.

Offline Ytho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 08:53:51 AM »

Alright, i'm done here. It was interesting to look at the answers to things.

Thanks for being the only straight forward person to answer the questions without the need of insults.

I suppose theories don't really have any real answers so I'm not sure what I was actually looking for making this thread.

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2016, 04:11:12 PM »
The only thing flat earthers or anyone looking into it, need to discuss is the perimeter it makes no sense what's on the other side? Come on people

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2016, 04:48:50 PM »
The only thing flat earthers or anyone looking into it, need to discuss is the perimeter it makes no sense what's on the other side? Come on people

Hello again. Please refrain from off topic posting in the upper fora. You have a thread dedicated to this topic.

Consider this a first and friendly warning. Please review the rules.