İntikam

Why google map showing China smaller than the real?
« on: May 13, 2016, 01:41:30 PM »
This is China on google map:

This is China map from a Chinese site. Why did i choose Chinese site? Because you can't deceive a Chinese with wrong China map.  :D

Now we are comparing them.

Ooopss! Somebody trying to Show China smaller.

If you want to "measure it" the google map says you true. But the shape is wrong this causes big mistakes on the map.

Actually i was thinking that China must bigger than the map. Because there is 1,5 billion Chinese living there.  :)

The following has nothing to do with matter.  ;D

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 02:03:55 PM by İntikam »

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: Why google map showing China smaller than the real?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 04:25:41 PM »
I would hazard a guess that the projection used by the Chinese map is not the same as the projection used by the Google map.  Which proves only that different projections result in different distortions, NOT that one is right and the other is wrong.  In point of fact, neither projection is 'right' because all projections involve some compromise in the effort to portray a curved surface on a flat surface.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Thork

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 05:55:03 PM »
İntikam is going to end up with a bunch of maps with no distortion at all. He's going to show it as it is. Scaled distances, no projection or distortion. This is an important work and you should stop disturbing him with silly objections until he completes it.

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 06:46:32 PM »
İntikam is going to end up with a bunch of maps with no distortion at all. He's going to show it as it is. Scaled distances, no projection or distortion. This is an important work and you should stop disturbing him with silly objections until he completes it.

Good for him. However, this thread isn't about his personal flat earth map. It's about his observation that China appears as two different shapes on two different maps. Rounder's objection was completely relevant. The type of projection that was used will absolutely affect the its shape on a flat map.

Google maps uses a "web" variant of the Mercator projection. The other map appears to be a scan of a paper map. I highly doubt it also uses the Web Mercator projection.

İntikam

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 08:08:02 PM »
As you see that i used the "google sattelite view" instead of google map. So it must be 1 to 1 correct.

Is that means anything? The "sattelite view" is a big lie !

İntikam

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 08:20:25 PM »

Good for him. However, this thread isn't about his personal flat earth map. It's about his observation that China appears as two different shapes on two different maps. Rounder's objection was completely relevant. The type of projection that was used will absolutely affect the its shape on a flat map.

Google maps uses a "web" variant of the Mercator projection. The other map appears to be a scan of a paper map. I highly doubt it also uses the Web Mercator projection.

Actually i want to people know why did i let the Asia map to the end.

I made this work as a explain. there I wanted to open the topic  here to be discussed, not on the other issue, to avoid confusion.

Another issue i show the flying on Chinian cities has tousends of miles mistakes. Routes are so different with the global map. This chinese map shows where this error is coming from.

I know some of fe map has some problems with Australia. I really believe the Australia isn't a problem.

I think the problem stems from the wrong location in China. If it is larger than shows in China and known as detection of flight time, this situation makes closer in to continents. Thus, the continent of Australia closer to America, and that problem is eliminated. Is that it can be, I can't say anything on the net before the end of the map. My guess is that way.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 03:14:20 AM »

This is China map from a Chinese site. Why did i choose Chinese site? Because you can't deceive a Chinese with wrong China map.  :D

If you want to "measure it" the google map says you true. But the shape is wrong this causes big mistakes on the map.

Actually i was thinking that China must bigger than the map. Because there is 1,5 billion Chinese living there.  :)

Yes, "the shape is wrong this causes big mistakes on the map".  The shapes are different, but because of different map projections, not MISTAKES in the map!

Have you ever heard of different map projections?

Google Maps are showing the whole world in a way that can be easily scrolled.

China can present a map that shows China alone and so can choose a projection of the Globe that gives as little distortion as possible to China.

Look at maps of Canada on Google Earth and on Google Maps (BOTH Google):

Canada Google Earth from 11,600 km (left) and Google Maps (right)
They are quite different shapes, especially towards the north.

It's just different projections of the Globe. Google Earth uses a "Stereographic Projection (shows what it would look like from that eye height (here 11,600 km) and Google Maps use "Web Mercator" (easy to scroll around, but with the wee known exaggeration of size as we approach the poles).

Nobody is trying to fool you, or steal land from China, it's just what happens when you try to display a globe on a flat surface.
You simply cannot present large areas without getting some sort of distortion!

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 04:57:38 AM »
This is an important work and you should stop disturbing him with silly objections until he completes it.

You know how he could avoid disturbance?  He could stay away until he's done.  Since he has elected NOT to do so, anything he posts is fair game for reply.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 05:31:04 AM »
As you see that i used the "google sattelite view" instead of google map. So it must be 1 to 1 correct.

This is false. If you are viewing it on a flat screen, it will ALWAYS be a projection. Switching "views" might change the projection, but it will never be 1 to 1 correct, unless you are viewing it on a spherical screen.

The Chinese paper map is also a projection. I don't know what kind of projection though.

İntikam

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 08:27:59 AM »

Yes, "the shape is wrong this causes big mistakes on the map".  The shapes are different, but because of different map projections, not MISTAKES in the map!

China can present a map that shows China alone and so can choose a projection of the Globe that gives as little distortion as possible to China.

It's just different projections of the Globe. Google Earth uses a "Stereographic Projection (shows what it would look like from that eye height (here 11,600 km) and Google Maps use "Web Mercator" (easy to scroll around, but with the wee known exaggeration of size as we approach the poles).

Nobody is trying to fool you, or steal land from China, it's just what happens when you try to display a globe on a flat surface.

This is one of map lies.

Is that map or a projection. So it is not a map, just an adaptation.

İntikam

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 08:32:31 AM »
Do remember this issue:

Google map debunk: You must draw an "S" if you want to go to Taiwan from Shangai http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4950.0

As we see that the distances on the Europe are completely true. The distances on the Europe is  correct so if you want to go From Istanbul to Madrid, you can make a mistake on calculating the distance maximum 2 kms. But in the Asia the situations are different. :D

if you want to go to Taiwan from Shangai, You must draw an "S" and must go about 200 kms more.  ;D

Look at to pictures under links.

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/CAL503/history/20160428/0850Z/RCTP/ZSPD
https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/CES5008/history/20160428/0700Z/RCTP/ZSPD
https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/CCA196/history/20160428/0640Z/RCTP/ZSPD
https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/EVA722/history/20160428/0830Z/RCTP/ZSPD

4 different flying company and completely same route drawing "S". Is this be a chance?  ;D

Are the pilots playing game or is there anything dangerous?

Oh cmon google. Accept that you drawed a nonsence instead of map. ;D

Then i show what is the true place of Taiwan depends on air routes.

Google map is a great nonsence!

Would you look at the picture please.

And then...

We see that Taiwan is incorrect placed. So we can find out where is it?

Just we needed correct the lines before they broken.

This is China To Taiwan corrected route:

This is from Vietnam to Taiwan route:

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/CAL782/history/20160418/0350Z/VVTS/RCTP

It's matched with the place that we found from route of China-Taiwan . How interesting.  ;)

This is our 3rd trying another route to Taiwan. Istanbul to Taiwan. Go Turkish Airlines.  :)

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/THY24/history/20160416/2320Z/LTBA/RCTP

Bingo. It's matched with others.

Try another one, Emirates from Dubai.

It's matched too. Thanks Arab brothers. ;D 

This route from Hong Kong to Taiwan. This is one of the shortest airport to Taipei.

https://tr.flightaware.com/live/flight/EVA802/history/20160417/0520Z/VMMC/RCTP

Again it's matches with our result. Taiwan is in the same place!

Yes we got it!

As we see that Taiwan is actually on the place about 100-200 kms or above on the East and a few turned. This is the true life. Accept or not. The map is wrong. But planes flying true.

This situation is compatible with that problem.

Actually China is more bigger than map.

Why they do  show smaller than it? Because the real China  doesn't fit to the map. So they must forced to show the China smaller. But that time air routes drawing "S" that not needed. Then they are sayin "Taiwan and China has political problems".  ;D That's a lie because in the war or in the peace all pilots drawing S Taiwan to Shangai. Actually they don't drawing "S", they are usually going on shortest route. But map is reverted and shrank, so we see as "S" the flat routes on the global maps.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 08:38:21 AM by İntikam »

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »

This is one of map lies.

Is that map or a projection. So it is not a map, just an adaptation.
Why can't you understand that EVERY map is a projection of some sort Every map is a map of a Globe and that is not flat.
You can show a relatively small area without much distortion, even for a country the size of China it is not too far out.
But there must be a large amount of distortion if the map is to cover the whole earth - as the "Web Mercator" used by Google Maps does.

We try to explain this to you but you take no notice of what we say. We are telling you the truth.

As far as I know all the maps published in atlases, charts and road maps are some sort of projection of the Globe. Most modern maps of limited areas use some form of UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator).

If you don't understand mapping projections you will never make any accurate maps.

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »
Do remember this issue:

Google map debunk: You must draw an "S" if you want to go to Taiwan from Shangai http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4950.0

As we see that the distances on the Europe are completely true. The distances on the Europe is  correct so if you want to go From Istanbul to Madrid, you can make a mistake on calculating the distance maximum 2 kms. But in the Asia the situations are different. :D

if you want to go to Taiwan from Shangai, You must draw an "S" and must go about 200 kms more.  ;D

Look at to pictures under links.

4 different flying company and completely same route drawing "S". Is this be a chance?  ;D

Are the pilots playing game or is there anything dangerous?

Oh cmon google. Accept that you drawed a nonsence instead of map. ;D

Then i show what is the true place of Taiwan depends on air routes.

Google map is a great nonsence!

Would you look at the picture please.

And then...

We see that Taiwan is incorrect placed. So we can find out where is it?

Just we needed correct the lines before they broken.

This is China To Taiwan corrected route:

This is from Vietnam to Taiwan route:

It's matched with the place that we found from route of China-Taiwan . How interesting.  ;)

This is our 3rd trying another route to Taiwan. Istanbul to Taiwan. Go Turkish Airlines.  :)

Bingo. It's matched with others.

Try another one, Emirates from Dubai.

It's matched too. Thanks Arab brothers. ;D 

This route from Hong Kong to Taiwan. This is one of the shortest airport to Taipei.

Again it's matches with our result. Taiwan is in the same place!

Yes we got it!

As we see that Taiwan is actually on the place about 100-200 kms or above on the East and a few turned. This is the true life. Accept or not. The map is wrong. But planes flying true.

This situation is compatible with that problem.

Actually China is more bigger than map.

Why they do  show smaller than it? Because the real China  doesn't fit to the map. So they must forced to show the China smaller. But that time air routes drawing "S" that not needed. Then they are sayin "Taiwan and China has political problems".  ;D That's a lie because in the war or in the peace all pilots drawing S Taiwan to Shangai. Actually they don't drawing "S", they are usually going on shortest route. But map is reverted and shrank, so we see as "S" the flat routes on the global maps.

Look there is NOTHING wrong with the maps! The pilots fly the routes that they are directed.

And I know that there is no actual war between the PRC and the ROC, but there is a lot of political tension, but whatever the case the problem is not the maps.

If you are busy making flat earth maps, why don't you go and do that and we will see how they turn out.

You are only making a fool of yourself with these posts claiming that the Google Maps are wrong. They are based on almost the same data (same Latitude and Longitude for locations) as all the other maps, but they do use a projection (NOT an adaptation or lies or mistakes) that makes it easy to scroll over the whole Globe. When expanded each local area will look correct, but large areas will be distorted.

Please believe me that NO-ONE is trying to deceive you, we are trying to tell you the truth about these maps.

If you will not listen, then that is you problem and not mine!

İntikam

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 06:55:59 PM »

If you are busy making flat earth maps, why don't you go and do that and we will see how they turn out.

You are only making a fool of yourself with these posts claiming that the Google Maps are wrong. They are based on almost the same data (same Latitude and Longitude for locations) as all the other maps, but they do use a projection (NOT an adaptation or lies or mistakes) that makes it easy to scroll over the whole Globe. When expanded each local area will look correct, but large areas will be distorted.

Please believe me that NO-ONE is trying to deceive you, we are trying to tell you the truth about these maps.

So you know that i'm still working on a flat map.

Europe, North and South America finished. I'm working on Africa. As you see that i'm finished more than %50 of the map. So this critize doesn't fit to my workings.  :)

I'm not working on holidays (usually). Hope to finish it next a few weeks. Wait and see how is your end will become! Wait and see, watch and learn...

You can't stop me with anyway.  I never give up. You have no chance. Your unresistable  end is coming so not unduly try to resist.

I'm in no hurry because I know that will win in the end. I am enjoying it. you are in panic.  how delightful it is to see that reb's in a panic. but your panic attacs will not change to result. Maybe your panic attacs are motivating me, because i believe "en eye for en eye" so when you resist me, then i find a power to working more. who can know that.  :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 07:39:19 PM by İntikam »

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 08:41:05 PM »

So you know that i'm still working on a flat map.

Europe, North and South America finished. I'm working on Africa. As you see that i'm finished more than %50 of the map. So this critize doesn't fit to my workings.  :)

I'm not working on holidays (usually). Hope to finish it next a few weeks. Wait and see how is your end will become! Wait and see, watch and learn...

You can't stop me with anyway.  I never give up. You have no chance. Your unresistable  end is coming so not unduly try to resist.

I'm in no hurry because I know that will win in the end. I am enjoying it. you are in panic.  how delightful it is to see that reb's in a panic. but your panic attacs will not change to result. Maybe your panic attacs are motivating me, because i believe "en eye for en eye" so when you resist me, then i find a power to working more. who can know that.  :)
:) :) Good for you! :) :)

But I am not panicking! I know what you are going to find!

İntikam

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 10:28:50 PM »

But I am not panicking! I know what you are going to find!

I know what you mean. You know nothing about me. You, and others like you unable to stop my workings. You and others like you are nothing but a waste of time. You see what happens at the end.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:33:22 PM by İntikam »

Offline Chris C

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2016, 11:12:35 PM »
my question to you, isn't it amazing that we are able to navigate and reach our desitination, with our map that is obviously wrong according to you?

İntikam

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 01:36:12 PM »
my question to you, isn't it amazing that we are able to navigate and reach our desitination, with our map that is obviously wrong according to you?

After map is finished, i'll write all of distances on it. You can convince everyone if you can  indicate that the dimensions are correct on the map. Do not act by depend on me. Because nobody know me but knowledge is knowledge everywhere, truth is truth.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 02:37:51 PM »
And ignorance is ignorance, one might add.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

İntikam

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2016, 07:10:40 AM »
And ignorance is ignorance, one might add.

Science is not blindly believe an organization who is giving you salary.