Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
Re: This can't happen if earth is flat
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 02:49:39 PM »
Why would ask me what assumptions you are supposed to make? Surely you should be able to make your own decisions about what was said, and what was not.

Assumptions, assumptions.

In one sentence, you tell me to make my own decisions, and in the next, you chastise those decisions.  You are a very confusing person.
No. In one sentence I admonish pizzaplanet for assumptions. In the other, I expect that you can make good decisions about what was said, but allow that you may need help.

Again, if you can't determine what was said and avoid assumptions, then take this problem to the appropriate place.

And if you can, but I've confused you, then ask a more specific question. Thanks.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
How can I assume the meaning of something and avoid making assumptions at the same time? ???

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2014, 04:01:44 PM »
How can I assume the meaning of something and avoid making assumptions at the same time? ???
Great question! I suggest you write it down and ask it of your instructor in the course I mentioned above. I'm sure you can learn logic quickly with such a strong ability to form good questions. Have a great journey!
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2014, 06:33:56 PM »
From the same site:

the·o·ry
Synonyms
hypothesis, proposition, supposition, thesis

Your sources of information are wrong. I encourage you to choose better ones:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/footshooting/Iterminology.shtml

If you want to discuss Hypothesys and Theory definitons and differences, please open a new thread for that purpose.

If you don't have any answer to the questions that I posted in the first message of this thread, then there is no reason why you should be writting anything here.

Thanks.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2014, 12:51:58 PM »
From the same site:

the·o·ry
Synonyms
hypothesis, proposition, supposition, thesis

Your sources of information are wrong. I encourage you to choose better ones:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/footshooting/Iterminology.shtml

If you want to discuss Hypothesys and Theory definitons and differences, please open a new thread for that purpose.

If you don't have any answer to the questions that I posted in the first message of this thread, then there is no reason why you should be writting anything here.

Thanks.

You are the one who brought up definitions of the two words.  I simply showed you were you were wrong.

Also, perhaps you should try to contact Merriam-Webster to inform them that they are wrong?

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »
You are the one who brought up definitions of the two words.  I simply showed you were you were wrong.

And I showed you that I was correct, according to the University of California.

But in either case, you being wrong or I being wrong about the definition of a word, is not the topic of this thread and if you request that I was the first to offtopic (even when it was not offtopic), then I must apologize for that.
Also, I can even accept that I was wrong respect to hypothesys and theory definitions, if that makes you feel better, but even in the case that I was wrong, it doesn't give an explanation about why the FE fails in the cases I described in the first message.

So, please, defend the FE hypothesys or theories that you support, instead of trying to prove that I may be wrong while defining the meaning of a word.

Other than that, I won't answer any other messages from you or from anyone, in this thread, that doesn't solve any of the questions in the OP message.

Also, perhaps you should try to contact Merriam-Webster to inform them that they are wrong?

Why I "should" care about them being wrong? It is their (and your) problem, not mine.