Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: Ask a Flat Earth Theorist Anything
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2014, 02:17:03 PM »
To be honest, I'm not certain. All I know is what I said above. I think so, yes.

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2014, 03:23:22 AM »
Alright, some questions-

If the Earth is flat, how can ships disappear over the horizon?

If the Earth is flat, how is orbiting it possible?

If the Earth is flat, why has no one found the edges?

If the Earth is flat, why are we told it is round?

If the Earth is flat, what in the heck does the Universe look like?

Ghost of V

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2014, 05:17:41 PM »
Alright, some questions-

Most of your questions have been answered numerous times. Your first question specifically has been answered in "Zetetic Astronomy" by Mr. Rowbotham himself... Here's a link.

Also:
Why are we told it's round? Conspiracy. It benefits the government to control certain information. After all, the control of information is power. The government wants to make us believe their fantasy sciences for their own personal gain.

What does the universe look like? Pretty much how you'd think it looks. Just because the Earth is flat doesn't mean every other object in space is flat as well, this is a common RE'er mistake.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2014, 05:59:21 PM »
Alright, some questions-

Bendy light.

It is not.

They probably have and are hiding that from us. 

Conspiracy.

It looks like little lights in the sky. 

« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2014, 01:52:11 AM »

Why are we told it's round? Conspiracy. It benefits the government to control certain information. After all, the control of information is power. The government wants to make us believe their fantasy sciences for their own personal gain.

How convenient. So what's the motive?

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2014, 04:29:28 AM »
We're told that the earth is round because that's what mainstream science believes to be true.  Exactly why mainstream science believes that to be true is a different question, and would probably merit its own thread.  However, if you're referring to the agencies that have supposedly explored space and confirmed RET, the answer is that they're simply faking most of what they do.  They spend some of their funding on window dressing to make it seem like they're doing their jobs, and then embezzle the rest of it and keep it as profit.  The "evidence" they give us in the form of photographs and videos is no doubt digitally created, based on what they imagine the earth and space look like in accordance with RET.  They most likely haven't even discovered that the earth is flat.

« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2014, 04:37:00 AM »
  They most likely haven't even discovered that the earth is flat.

Wonder why...

So, how does the slashing of NASA's budget fit into all this?  Also, some reasoning beyond "What they say is impossible, therefore lies, therefore they cannot disprove me, therefore I am correct, therefore what they say is impossible." would be appreciated.

Humor me.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 04:41:30 AM by Nonbeliever »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2014, 05:02:25 AM »
So, how does the slashing of NASA's budget fit into all this?
Simple:

Among other things, the United States are respected as one of the world's leading countries (if not simply the leading country) in science and technology, as well as the ideology they so actively promote. The ideology bit is already plunging like crazy, what with recent (and not-so-recent) news of the USA ignoring human rights or basic diplomatic protocol. Especially now, they are in a position where they cannot stop easily; although it's worth noting that they've been trying, by continuously cutting NASA's budget. Eventually, the space craze will just quietly die off. They don't want to risk exposure. They simply have to do so to avoid blowing their cover while quietly closing down the whole business.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2014, 05:14:44 AM »
So, how does the slashing of NASA's budget fit into all this?
Simple:

Among other things, the United States are respected as one of the world's leading countries (if not simply the leading country) in science and technology, as well as the ideology they so actively promote. The ideology bit is already plunging like crazy, what with recent (and not-so-recent) news of the USA ignoring human rights or basic diplomatic protocol. Especially now, they are in a position where they cannot stop easily; although it's worth noting that they've been trying, by continuously cutting NASA's budget. Eventually, the space craze will just quietly die off. They don't want to risk exposure. They simply have to do so to avoid blowing their cover while quietly closing down the whole business.

Still not seeing it. Are you saying all that taxpayer money is no longer safe to take? Why?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 15, 2014, 05:18:45 AM »
Still not seeing it. Are you saying all that taxpayer money is no longer safe to take? Why?
Of course not. This isn't about Joe the gas station employee - nobody cares what the ordinary person thinks or wants. This is about international relations and the fear of being marginalised.

« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2014, 05:59:33 AM »
Of course not. This isn't about Joe the gas station employee - nobody cares what the ordinary person thinks or wants. This is about international relations and the fear of being marginalised.

And so their response to the threat of being pushed aside by a new world power is to make it easier for that to happen?

Ghost of V

« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2014, 06:30:39 AM »

I already told you the motive: personal gain.

Also, when I say "The Government", I'm assuming you live in the US and associate that word with the US government, because they're practical the only one now anyways. For the sake of this conversation, let's just call them NWO from now on, ok?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:35:17 AM by Ghost of V »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2014, 06:39:33 AM »
And so their response to the threat of being pushed aside by a new world power is to make it easier for that to happen?
Almost right. It's just the opposite of what you said.

« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2014, 12:28:06 PM »

Also, when I say "The Government", I'm assuming you live in the US and associate that word with the US government, because they're practical the only one now anyways. For the sake of this conversation, let's just call them NWO from now on, ok?

See, this is where you don't make any sense. How does lying about the shape of the world give any benefit?

Offline pilot172

• Thunder down under
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2014, 12:53:31 PM »
yeah whats the point of telling us the earth is round...think about it all the united nations members behind closed doors a big screen projects the first order of the meeting, tell everybody the earth is round. Can you see how silly that looks like seriously theres no gain to the earth being round or flat one makes more sense to what we know about how technology works the other has things like aether and celestial gears which sound pretty cool but require a much larger amount of faith then flat earth
1 in 10 suicides apparently could be stopped if someone smiled or made the person happy for a minute so its my goal in life to make as many people as happy as possible...also QUEENSLANDER!!!!

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2014, 01:17:20 PM »
They're not lying about the shape of the earth per se, they're lying about space travel and exploration.  They depict the earth as round because that's what they think it is, same as mainstream science.

Also, some reasoning beyond "What they say is impossible, therefore lies, therefore they cannot disprove me, therefore I am correct, therefore what they say is impossible." would be appreciated.

Nobody said that.  It's true that the main reason to suspect a conspiracy is indeed their depiction of the impossible, but it's not any kind of self-proving circular argument.  There are independent reasons for us to believe that the earth is flat.

Rama Set

« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2014, 01:38:37 PM »
They're not lying about the shape of the earth per se, they're lying about space travel and exploration.  They depict the earth as round because that's what they think it is, same as mainstream science.

Also, some reasoning beyond "What they say is impossible, therefore lies, therefore they cannot disprove me, therefore I am correct, therefore what they say is impossible." would be appreciated.

Nobody said that.  It's true that the main reason to suspect a conspiracy is indeed their depiction of the impossible, but it's not any kind of self-proving circular argument.  There are independent reasons for us to believe that the earth is flat.

The issue with this being that "space travel is impossible" is a false premise because that has never been shown to be true or likely to be true.  This society merely finds it incredulous, which is much different than impossible.

« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »

And lets not forget that the Bible NOT ONLY supports a flat earth but predicts the coming of an NWO in Revelation.

Isaiah 11:12 "And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth."

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2014, 12:41:22 AM »

And lets not forget that the Bible NOT ONLY supports a flat earth but predicts the coming of an NWO in Revelation.

Isaiah 11:12 "And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth."

There's no need to bring the Bible into an otherwise rational discussion, I think.  The Bible supports a flat earth supported by pillars, with sheol beneath, columns of mountains above, and a physical firmament (unless you're one of those who believes the firmament shattered in the Genesis deluge.  And that the Genesis deluge actually happened), and that's not what I believe at all.  Observations don't support that flat earth model, and a physical firmament is (in my opinion) silly.

Offline pilot172

• Thunder down under
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2014, 11:19:41 AM »
if the government doesn't want anyone thinking the earth is flat why is this page still up...if they have the ability to silence every single astronomer from speaking out and all te high altitude pilots and stuff how is this site still up
1 in 10 suicides apparently could be stopped if someone smiled or made the person happy for a minute so its my goal in life to make as many people as happy as possible...also QUEENSLANDER!!!!