Ghost of V

Re: Astronomers found a star colder than ice
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2014, 12:58:48 AM »
Did Yamato use quartz sand to make his lens or did he use a pre-made lens? The question was directed at Yamato. Perhaps you posted on the wrong account?

Also, I didn't realize my question deserved a patronizing answer. Next time, let's try to keep it civil.
You are so much nicer here than the other forum.

Different morons require different approaches.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2014, 01:40:49 AM »
Did Yamato use quartz sand to make his lens or did he use a pre-made lens? The question was directed at Yamato. Perhaps you posted on the wrong account?

Also, I didn't realize my question deserved a patronizing answer. Next time, let's try to keep it civil.
My question stands: "So what?" Dodging will do you no good. Oh, and please learn the difference between "patronizing" and satire. Oh, and yes, satire is both civil and, in your case, earned.

Please stop arguing that unknown agents use unknown methods to change observations to support RET. If you have evidence of some conspiracy, please present it in a new thread. Otherwise, innuendo does nothing to support your ideas.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Ghost of V

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2014, 01:47:52 AM »
When did I say anything about "unknown agents" or even anything about the conspiracy? I just asked a simple question, and that question hasn't even been answered yet.

Keep your pants on, Gully.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2014, 02:34:36 AM »
When did I say anything about "unknown agents" or even anything about the conspiracy? I just asked a simple question, and that question hasn't even been answered yet.

Keep your pants on, Gully.
And still my question remains: "So what?" If you're just curious about the materials, then say so and avoid the "unknown agents" rebuke. This is only the third time, I've asked you to clarify your intent. Dodging does not promote your position.

Ghost of V

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2014, 02:42:28 AM »
"How did you make your telescope? What sort of materials were used? Did you buy them pre-made?"

It really can't get much clearer than that.

Are you having a difficult time understanding any of these questions?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 02:46:54 AM by Vauxhall »

Offline Shmeggley

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2014, 03:19:28 AM »
"How did you make your telescope? What sort of materials were used? Did you buy them pre-made?"

Are you suggesting it's possible to make a lens that causes the stars to appear where they should according to some predetermined map?

Ghost of V

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2014, 04:34:49 AM »

Are you suggesting it's possible to make a lens that causes the stars to appear where they should according to some predetermined map?

Yes. They have them already. They are called kaleidoscopes.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2014, 04:40:52 AM »

Your dodging hurts your argument. Why do you ask about how the telescope was made? Again you dodge the question: So What?

How clear I am on those on-your questions is irrelevant.

It's a poor tin-foil-hat-wearer that blames the materials for a result they don't like.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2014, 04:44:57 AM »

Yes. They have them already. They are called kaleidoscopes.
False. Kaleidoscopes do not cause the stars to appears where they should according to some predetermined map.

Ghost of V

« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2014, 04:47:47 AM »
Gully, you inserted yourself into this when my question was clearly focused at Yamato. He needs to answer the question for the conversation to proceed, not you. How could you possibly know what materials he used? You are extremely self-centered and your head games are not helping your case.

This argument will proceed when Yamato answers the question directed at him. He probably hasn't seen it yet. Patience, Gully. Patience.

Also, about the kaleidoscopes. Kaleidoscope technology could very easily be modified into a telescope that seemingly shows you a false night sky. There are YouTube videos all over showing you how to build one yourself.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 04:57:29 AM by Vauxhall »

Offline Shmeggley

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2014, 04:55:57 AM »

If I bought a telescope that acted like a kaleidoscope I would take it back to the store and get a refund.

« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2014, 07:43:27 AM »
What did you make the telescope out of? Pre-made materials, I'm guessing?

They are made out of metal, crystal and mirrors. No plastic involved in the telescope itself.

The crystal part were designed by me and made by an artisan. The artisan doesn't know what the crystal is for. He just crafts the things according to the specifications.
The metal parts were designed by me and two other friends, and crafted by another person. The other person knew it was for a telescope, so he could tamper them, but after they were made, they were according to our calculations, so no possible tampering.
The mirrors the same as the crystal.

The whole thing was finally assembled by me and the persons who designed the metal parts.

The only premade thing that I use is the tripod, mount, motorization system, and other electronical and mecanical parts that do not interfere with the telescope performance at all. Well, I lie, the painting in the inner and outer part of the telescopes were "premade".

Thanks for answering.

No. The reason why a kaleidoscope can't show you stars where they want are:

- They don't have a lenses/mirrors system that comes any close to the one in a telescope
- They can't magnificate anything as a real telescope can
- They doesn't have enough apperture to let enough light to enter to allow us to see the most dimmer stars
- A telescope doesn't have any bead or thing inside to interfere the view
- They (kaleidoscopes) doesn't have enough strength to support the weight of the lenses and mirrors that any high-end telescope has before bending and breaking appart.
- They never show different sky objects in the predicted possition by the "conspirational" laws

[...]

Also, about the kaleidoscopes. Kaleidoscope technology could very easily be modified into a telescope that seemingly shows you a false night sky. There are YouTube videos all over showing you how to build one yourself.

You must be a genius to convert this

into that:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:00:02 PM by Yamato »

Ghost of V

« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2014, 06:08:32 PM »
They are made out of metal, crystal and mirrors. No plastic involved in the telescope itself.

The crystal part were designed by me and made by an artisan. The artisan doesn't know what the crystal is for. He just crafts the things according to the specifications.
The metal parts were designed by me and two other friends, and crafted by another person. The other person knew it was for a telescope, so he could tamper them, but after they were made, they were according to our calculations, so no possible tampering.
The mirrors the same as the crystal.

The whole thing was finally assembled by me and the persons who designed the metal parts.

The only premade thing that I use is the tripod, mount, motorization system, and other electronical and mecanical parts that do not interfere with the telescope performance at all. Well, I lie, the painting in the inner and outer part of the telescopes were "premade".

Very impressive. I would really like to see a picture of this supposed telescope you created. A work order form or receipt for all the work would also be very helpful in confirming your claims. I look forward to seeing them.

« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2014, 08:09:54 PM »
Very impressive. I would really like to see a picture of this supposed telescope you created. A work order form or receipt for all the work would also be very helpful in confirming your claims. I look forward to seeing them.

I would swear that FE'ers in this forum don't accept images as a proof...  ::)

This is my telescope: http://i.imgur.com/odRMppj.jpg

Ghost of V

« Reply #114 on: July 08, 2014, 08:17:26 PM »
I would accept a photograph of you standing next to your telescope holding a piece of paper with your username on it. Its not too much to ask. Most everyone has something capable of taking pictures.

Your sarcastic response doesn't help your case. If anything it just seems like you're pulling everyone's leg.

« Reply #115 on: July 08, 2014, 08:43:01 PM »
I would accept a photograph of you standing next to your telescope holding a piece of paper with your username on it. Its not too much to ask. Most everyone has something capable of taking pictures.

Your sarcastic response doesn't help your case. If anything it just seems like you're pulling everyone's leg.

So, my image with my nickname has more validity than a image by the NASA?

Ok, here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/XgsWwJ8.png

Now without jokes, I will take it tomorrow, today is a bit late to assemble everything.

Now I guess what showing my telescope can solve anyway.  ???

Ghost of V

« Reply #116 on: July 08, 2014, 09:04:15 PM »
So, my image with my nickname has more validity than a image by the NASA?

I'm surprised you even have to ask this question.

« Reply #117 on: July 08, 2014, 09:11:51 PM »
NASA's images are perfectly valid.

Ghost of V

« Reply #118 on: July 08, 2014, 09:19:26 PM »

Several photos released by NASA say otherwise. For example, take this picture of the "Orion Nebula".

NASA has admitted to "enhancing" this photo with computers. To the naked eye, the nebula looks very dull... but after some NASA magic it suddenly looks like a tier 10 wizard spell. NASA does this with several photos. Hardly "perfectly valid".
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:22:48 PM by Vauxhall »

« Reply #119 on: July 08, 2014, 09:31:54 PM »

Several photos released by NASA say otherwise. For example, take this picture of the "Orion Nebula".

NASA has admitted to "enhancing" this photo with computers. To the naked eye, the nebula looks very dull... but after some NASA magic it suddenly looks like a tier 10 wizard spell. NASA does this with several photos. Hardly "perfectly valid".
They admitted to enhancing it. That is perfectly valid.