Re: Astronomers found a star colder than ice
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »
Pardon my dullness, but the above three posts are satire, correct?

Evidence for NASAs Satanist activity is well documented.

http://sharingtruth.wordpress.com/2008/11/09/how-is-nasa-connected-to-satanic-rituals/

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2014, 11:34:10 PM »
It is fair to assume that whenever fappenhosen is involved.
Thank you for the candid advice. I won't bother to respond to fappenhosen when I suspect more satire.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2014, 11:58:30 PM »
It is fair to assume that whenever fappenhosen is involved.
Thank you for the candid advice. I won't bother to respond to fappenhosen when I suspect more satire.

Yes, thank you. Should I treat jroa the same way? I've been under the impression that he is at least semi-serious in most of what he posts.

« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2014, 01:37:07 PM »
What does this post have to do with the shape of the earth?

There is a perplexing star out there, so what?

Rama Set

« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2014, 03:44:55 PM »
It's part of Tom's personal grudge against astronomy. He contends it's not a real science. This is him trying to get future ammo.

« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2014, 04:10:43 PM »
Anytime a fe'r posts some problem with science that is brought forth by scientists it flies in the face of the idea of a conspiracy.

Things like dark matter and dark energy are a problem for science and if it was all made up then it would benefit the conspirators to not allow the ideas to take shape.

Rama Set

« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2014, 05:12:24 PM »
His beef with astronomy is that it depends purely on observation, making it  "not a real science"

« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »
His beef with astronomy is that it depends purely on observation, making it  "not a real science"

Except for the times where we've actually sent probes and sometimes even man to these celestial objects. Even if it was purely observation, does that excuse humanity from attempting to understand it?

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2014, 05:25:50 PM »

Doesn't FE acolytes say "look out the window"?

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »

Yes. Astronomy is not look out of the window. Telescopes can be tampered with very easily.

Rama Set

« Reply #90 on: July 06, 2014, 11:08:40 PM »

Yes. Astronomy is not look out of the window. Telescopes can be tampered with very easily.

Pretty sure it's easy to tamper with a human eye too.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 06, 2014, 11:11:47 PM »

Why do you need a telescope to convince you that the Earth is not flat? Surely you can think of an experiment, like watching the stars revolve around two points in the sky over a few hours. Please pay attention.

« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2014, 09:07:58 AM »

[youtube video]

I own several telescopes and I don't modify them. In addition, my telescopes give me views of objects that I can predict theoretically, so my telescopes are in perfect shape, not unspectedly unmodified and are consistent with all physical laws used in astronomy and optics.

But, the most important thing is: you can do "astronomy" with just your unaided eyes.

« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2014, 08:01:53 PM »
my telescopes give me views of objects that I can predict theoretically,

Your predictions are made using the "laws" that the Conspiracy gave you. Then they tamper with the telescopes so you can't dispute the "laws".

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2014, 08:27:05 PM »
Then they tamper with the telescopes so you can't dispute the "laws".
What about people who make their own telescopes?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2014, 08:48:28 PM »

Your predictions are made using the "laws" that the Conspiracy gave you. Then they tamper with the telescopes so you can't dispute the "laws".

The "laws" that  the Conspiracy gave me adapt to what my eyes can see each night and day.

I assembled my high end telescopes. Nobody could tamper them.

Ghost of V

« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2014, 11:09:59 PM »

The "laws" that  the Conspiracy gave me adapt to what my eyes can see each night and day.

What did you make the telescope out of? Pre-made materials, I'm guessing?

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2014, 11:24:30 PM »

What did you make the telescope out of? Pre-made materials, I'm guessing?
So what? Are you implying that he's not intelligent enough to detect tampering? Isn't any material pre-made? [joke]Oh look, you used quartz sand to make the lens. Obviously the conspiracy rigged your sand.[/joke]

Ghost of V

« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2014, 11:30:55 PM »
Did Yamato use quartz sand to make his lens or did he use a pre-made lens? The question was directed at Yamato. Perhaps you posted on the wrong account?

Also, I didn't realize my question deserved a patronizing answer. Next time, let's try to keep it civil.

« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2014, 12:34:10 AM »
Did Yamato use quartz sand to make his lens or did he use a pre-made lens? The question was directed at Yamato. Perhaps you posted on the wrong account?

Also, I didn't realize my question deserved a patronizing answer. Next time, let's try to keep it civil.
You are so much nicer here than the other forum.