Ghost of V

Re: Astronomers found a star colder than ice
« Reply #140 on: July 08, 2014, 11:01:34 PM »
Yes. She clearly states what she was covering up in the photo... ::)

Like I said earlier, this is techno-babble. It means nothing.

Rama Set

« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2014, 11:06:06 PM »

Like I said earlier, this is techno-babble. It means nothing.

Oh so you just don't like the answer. Ah well you can't win them all can you?  Just please do not complain that no answer was given when one obviously was.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2014, 11:14:39 PM »
So you're saying that the fact that NASA is revealing exactly how and why an image is being manipulated is evidence that they're hiding something?  ???
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2014, 11:17:16 PM »
So you're saying that the fact that NASA is revealing exactly how and why an image is being manipulated is evidence that they're hiding something?  ???

I am simply trying to demonstrate that photo-editing is not beneath NASA. I think I was successful when demonstrating this. Obviously, NASA can edit photos and does so frequently. Maybe RE'ers will stop and think about my words before they claim that NASA is completely innocent again (but I doubt it).

Rama Set

« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2014, 11:19:34 PM »
You may have noticed that no one in this thread has disagreed that NASA edits photos. All that is being contested is your odd and somewhat nonsensical assertion that photo-editing is nefarious. You have completely failed to support that idea.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2014, 11:22:42 PM »

I am simply trying to demonstrate that photo-editing is not beneath NASA. I think I was successful when demonstrating this. Obviously, NASA can edit photos and does so frequently. Maybe RE'ers will stop and think about my words before they claim that NASA is completely innocent again (but I doubt it).
Perhaps you should try demonstrating how editing photos makes NASA untrustworthy, especially when they explain how and why they edit the photos.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Ghost of V

« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2014, 11:30:26 PM »

Perhaps you should try demonstrating how editing photos makes NASA untrustworthy, especially when they explain how and why they edit the photos.

They explain how and why when confronted with evidence of their doctoring. They don't give explanations otherwise. That's the sign of a guilty party.

Rama Set

« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2014, 11:38:25 PM »
So they do not try and hide it and answer any questions about it. You take this as a sign of guilt. Well could you please tell me how an innocent party behaves when the edit photos?

Ghost of V

« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2014, 11:39:21 PM »
So they do not try and hide it and answer any questions about it. You take this as a sign of guilt. Well could you please tell me how an innocent party behaves when the edit photos?

Why would an innocent party have to edit photos to begin with?  ???

« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2014, 11:39:24 PM »

They explain how and why when confronted with evidence of their doctoring. They don't give explanations otherwise. That's the sign of a guilty party.
I don't have any reason to think that just about every photo isn't doctored. I doctor almost 100% of the photos in my personal library. So what?

Rama Set

« Reply #150 on: July 08, 2014, 11:45:07 PM »

Why would an innocent party have to edit photos to begin with?  ???

You have been given multiple reasons in this thread.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 09, 2014, 01:30:37 AM »

Do you explain how and why you doctor every one of your photos?

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 09, 2014, 02:41:52 AM »

And isn't it ridiculous for anyone to assume a malicious intent from any doctoring?
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Ghost of V

« Reply #153 on: July 09, 2014, 02:46:42 AM »

I have never doctored a photo in my life. I have nothing to hide.

Rama Set

« Reply #154 on: July 09, 2014, 03:07:51 AM »
Editing a photo does not mean you have something to hide either. So do you have anything that can show NASA's nefarious intent or can we drop this?

« Reply #155 on: July 09, 2014, 03:28:14 AM »

Yes you have.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61743.0#.U7y2kcvn8m8

Ghost of V

« Reply #156 on: July 09, 2014, 03:48:21 AM »

Yes you have.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61743.0#.U7y2kcvn8m8

There's still the possibility that my photo was cropped into a pre-existing NASA photo of Earth deliberately to discredit Flat Earth Theory.

« Reply #157 on: July 09, 2014, 03:58:59 AM »
No Vauxhall there really isn't.

Offline Shmeggley

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 09, 2014, 05:06:56 AM »

Did you forget this already?

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61615.msg1614468#msg1614468

I cropped myself out of the photo because I didn't want to reveal my face. I request you take that down, please. I will report you.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:10:26 AM by Shmeggley »

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2014, 06:44:58 AM »
Did you forget this already?
Excellent counterexample. Doctoring need not be malicious. Amusing that NASA maliciously doctors evidence is ridiculous.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.