Re: Official Sports Thread
« Reply #540 on: August 04, 2015, 12:45:26 AM »

The Ashes!

Cardiff looked like a new dawn after getting thoroughly spanked 5-0 in Australia, but then we lose by 400 at Lords! bowled for 103 in 37 overs on a flat wicket? The Ausies were back.
But then Edgbaston, Finn, back from the dead to bowl 6-79, it looked like we could end it all in two days, but the Ausie tail dug in leaving us to chase 121, at 51-2 things looked shaky but up steps Root to stand with Bell who needed that 65 to silence those who said he was finished, 32 overs in all and England win by eight wickets.
So on to Trent Bridge (Thursday) with no James Anderson and it all to play for.

Are you talking about Magic: The Gathering?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 04, 2015, 07:24:16 AM »

The Ashes!

Cardiff looked like a new dawn after getting thoroughly spanked 5-0 in Australia, but then we lose by 400 at Lords! bowled for 103 in 37 overs on a flat wicket? The Ausies were back.
But then Edgbaston, Finn, back from the dead to bowl 6-79, it looked like we could end it all in two days, but the Ausie tail dug in leaving us to chase 121, at 51-2 things looked shaky but up steps Root to stand with Bell who needed that 65 to silence those who said he was finished, 32 overs in all and England win by eight wickets.

Cricket dear boy, Cricket!
Bat & ball for grown ups.
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 06, 2015, 09:18:35 PM »
Pomicide:

Parsifal, Kylie Minogue, Sexpest, Crocodile Dundee, Hugh Jackman, Richie Benaud,  Bickles, Dame Edna, AC/DC, Rupert Murdoch, Banjo Paterson, Steve Irwin, Rolf Harris, Harold Bishop, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, Tony Abbott can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!

Australia, all out for 60 in 18.3 overs. Stuart Broad, eight wickets for 15 runs. All of it done with 20 minutes to go until lunch on the first morning of an Ashes Test.

0 0 6 0 10 1 2 13 1 4 9 plus 14 extras (yes the extras was the top scorer!)

England at close of play were 274-4

The shortest first innings in test history, and guess what? I Fucking missed it!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 10:23:36 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 07, 2015, 12:36:43 PM »

The Ashes!

What's Magic: The Gathering?  Is that a sport?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 08, 2015, 07:52:11 PM »
By an Innings and 78 runs!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:59:54 PM by Jura-Glenlivet »

Rama Set

« Reply #545 on: August 10, 2015, 05:49:36 AM »
Well the Blue Jays are fucking awesome right now.  The Yankees were totally smothered by our pitching on the weekend and we had some extremely timely hitting.  Hopefully we can repeat these results next weekend when the Yankees come to Toronto!

« Reply #546 on: August 11, 2015, 02:12:41 AM »
Well the Blue Jays are fucking awesome right now.  The Yankees were totally smothered by our pitching on the weekend and we had some extremely timely hitting.  Hopefully we can repeat these results next weekend when the Yankees come to Toronto!

Your dudes played a great series against the Royals.  That's about as hard as anyone has pummeled our pitching staff in a long time.  We don't often lose a game when we have the lead in the 7th.  It's like just stop hitting the ball already goddamn.

also omg johnny cueto i wish we could keep him forever and ever and ever and ever
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

« Reply #547 on: August 11, 2015, 03:01:24 AM »
The Blue Jays, even when they're not stupid stacked like this year, always butt fuck the Twins. Which should make me hate them, but I'll always root for anyone but the Yankees.
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 15, 2015, 05:48:58 PM »
Well, football season is upon us, Tom Brady is still incredible and Gronk is still Gronk. I am gonna go on the record right now, Patriots win the Superb Owl and brady gets a one for the thumb. Gronk is also going to lead me to victory in my first ever fancy football season.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 15, 2015, 08:07:38 PM »

Well the football season is upon us, Vardy is still incredible and Leicester come from 2 down to steal the game from Villa and go second (yes second) in the premiership, probably won't last but what a start, nine league games now without a loss and Dyer scoring on his debut.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 15, 2015, 08:10:44 PM »
Well, football season is upon us, Tom Brady is still incredible and Gronk is still Gronk. I am gonna go on the record right now, Patriots win the Superb Owl and brady gets a one for the thumb. Gronk is also going to lead me to victory in my first ever fancy football season.
There is approximately 0% chance the patriots win the Superbowl.

Well the football season is upon us, Vardy is still incredible and Leicester come from 2 down to steal the game from Villa and go second (yes second) in the premiership, probably won't last but what a start, nine league games now without a loss and Dyer scoring on his debut.
Man City will own the league.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 15, 2015, 09:12:56 PM »
There is approximately 0% chance the patriots win the Superbowl.

THis is literally not true at all.

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 15, 2015, 09:20:54 PM »

And so they should, they probably spent more on their kit than Leicester spent on players and I love watching Aguero, but don't pick the biggest spending super club if you are a neutral, come struggle with us Junker, it's bad for the heart but so much more fun.

« Reply #553 on: September 15, 2015, 10:50:33 PM »
go spurs

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 16, 2015, 03:40:04 AM »

And so they should, they probably spent more on their kit than Leicester spent on players and I love watching Aguero, but don't pick the biggest spending super club if you are a neutral, come struggle with us Junker, it's bad for the heart but so much more fun.

I casually followed Man City the last few years, but I went all in this year and got the Premier League package so I could watch all the games. I am stick on the MC bandwagon for now.

Rama Set

« Reply #555 on: September 16, 2015, 06:35:38 AM »
I decided to throw in with Tottenham Hotspur.  Lets see what happens.

Offline Shane

• View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 05, 2015, 05:08:32 AM »
The Patriots are going to the Superb Owl, that is essentially a given. There is perhaps one team in the NFL that is playing remotely close to the level New England is at. Bill and Brady get one for the thumb and all is right in the universe. Also I am going to win a lot of money with my 4-0 fancy football team

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 07, 2015, 08:14:02 PM »
I decided to throw in with Tottenham Hotspur.  Lets see what happens.

Terrible. Just terrible.

« Reply #558 on: October 13, 2015, 03:10:20 PM »

Suck it, Astros.  See you in game 5.  Right about the time this frame was snapped, my brain was initiating an awesome cascade of chemical reactions that led to much joy and jumping about. 

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 13, 2015, 05:08:34 PM »
lol baseball

go cubs