found a reason to Jew his way out 

Seriously?  In the upper fora?

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
Re: Virgin Galactic
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »

I agree that Thork has been offensive again, especially considering the lost of brave souls today.
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Thork

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2014, 06:59:01 PM »

This is a debate forum. Not a job application site. I can use whatever turn of phrase I like to make a point as long as it is on topic ... unlike your last post.

Talk about Branson's utter failure or get out of my thread.

Ghost of V

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2014, 07:02:29 PM »
It's more likely that he just discovered the truth and realized that breaking the Aetheric wall would be impossible, so he gave up.

Rama Set

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2014, 07:04:11 PM »

This is a debate forum. Not a job application site. I can use whatever turn of phrase I like to make a point as long as it is on topic ... unlike your last post.

Talk about Branson's utter failure or get out of my thread.

Branson's failure to create travel tourism is analogous to Thork's failure to treat people with respect.

It's more likely that he just discovered the truth and realized that breaking the Aetheric wall would be impossible, so he gave up.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... what Aetheric Wall.  As far as anyone knows it has never been directly observed or indirectly corroborated. 

He likely was a cheap bastard and has made an inferior product.

How'd I do?

Ghost of V

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa... what Aetheric Wall.  As far as anyone knows it has never been directly observed or indirectly corroborated. 

How'd I do?

The fact that no one has been to space gives credence to the Aetheric wall theory.

But your theory is good too. Keep up the good work.

Rama Set

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2014, 07:09:09 PM »

How'd I do?

The fact that no one has been to space gives credence to the Aetheric wall theory.

But your theory is good too. Keep up the good work.

Credence of course being completely different than observation or corroboration.

Thork

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2014, 07:47:25 PM »
So the first part of my prediction has come to pass.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29857182

I really do have an uncanny knack of doing these predictions. Watch this space.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2014, 08:24:02 PM »
Woah, you successfully predicted that a mid-air aircraft explosion would result in death? Can you tell me next week's lotto numbers?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Thork

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2014, 08:30:07 PM »
Just wait. I'm predicting the demise of Virgin Atlantic. One step at a time. Patience.

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2014, 11:22:24 PM »
Hold on Thork, their second craft is 60% complete.  They can still pull this off with another 5 years time.

Thork

« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2014, 03:25:29 AM »
Hold on Thork, their second craft is 60% complete.  They can still pull this off with another 5 years time.
In 2004 they said they would be ready in 2007. Now in 2014 you want to give them another 5 years? The x15 achieved what Branson is trying to do in 1963. The whole thing is a joke on people who can't be bothered to research the subject.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 01, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »
Thork hit it right on the nose.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 10:40:44 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2014, 06:53:51 PM »
It seems that a minor setback like a fatal accident isn't enough for Branson to call off the scam.
Richard Branson, the founder of Virgin Galactic, whose SpaceShipTwo blew apart Friday after being released from a carrier aircraft, said Saturday that if they learn what went wrong-- and can overcome it-- the program will continue.

Branson, who was in Mojave, Calif., was asked at a press conference about the future of the program. He paused and said, "we would love to finish what we started some years ago."
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Thork

« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2014, 07:00:25 PM »
He will. Just wait Markjo, just wait.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2014, 07:04:56 PM »
He will. Just wait Markjo, just wait.

Not necessarily.  I think it's quite likely that he plans to keep the charade going until he dies.  Then it'll be someone else's problem.

Thork

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2014, 07:09:02 PM »
I think he will start haemorrhaging lots of money now. Many of those depositors are going to want their money back. They are now pushing the passenger launch date back to 2020. This was supposed to be a 3 year project. We are now looking at 16 years. Even the most gullible will have their doubts now. I think the loss of confidence may lead to economic collapse of this marketing department.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2014, 06:01:15 AM »
Funny how NASA claims that they could make it all the way to the moon in less than a decade with the  processing power of a wrist watch, yet Branson can't get people into suborbit using modern technology.  I think Virgin Galactic is just dragging this on in order to milk the government money as long as possible. 

« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2014, 10:29:10 PM »
In 2004 they said they would be ready in 2007. Now in 2014 you want to give them another 5 years? The x15 achieved what Branson is trying to do in 1963. The whole thing is a joke on people who can't be bothered to research the subject.
I suppose you can't read sarcasm very well.

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2014, 12:58:35 AM »
This is aimed at thork,

"For Branson—a typically rabid enthusiast about Virgin Galactic—to even insinuate, by his lack of strenuous affirmation otherwise, that the future of the program may indeed be in jeopardy after just one crash, albeit a fatal one, suggests strongly that he already knows what the final decision will be. Virgin claims it has taken more than 800 payments for suborbital tourist flights, at $200,000 each. This might sound like an extraordinary haul, but at $160 million, it represents barely one-third of what Branson has already reportedly invested in the program. The company can't access that passenger money, however, until it starts actually flying people into space."

Pay particular attention to the last 2 sentences and try and reconcile you rabid and baseless assertions that this is a monetary scam.

http://www.popsci.com/article/technology/whats-next-virgin-galactic?page=0%2C2