Rama Set

Re: No Religion= Peace
« Reply #180 on: August 08, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »
Because I am not a fan of religious belief, I am a hard-core leftist? You aren't doing much to dispel your irrational reputation.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2017, 08:17:46 AM »
As a representative of the hard-core-left, I can say that I really don't care
"As a representative of the group that Dawkins upsets most, I am not troubled by him being censored by my group."

Yeah, you're basically confirming Boodidlie's point here.

I'm not troubled by a local radio station rescinding their invitation to talk to anyone. It would be censorship if they had been forced to withdraw their invitation, that doesn't seem to be what happened here.

As a representative of the hard-core-left, I can say that I really don't care, Dawkins hasn't been relevant in years and private radio stations aren't obliged to give anyone a platform.

It's just strange and hypocritical that Dawkins would get no-platforms for this. It's almost like they had no idea who Dawkins was before booking him to speak.

Maybe not, most people just know Dawkins as 'that famous atheist guy' I'm guessing that when the studio directors were made aware of some of his comments, they decided that he wasn't worth the hassle and dropped him.

Offline Boodidlie

• God is sovereign and I'm just along for the ride
    • View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2017, 02:23:51 PM »
Because I am not a fan of religious belief, I am a hard-core leftist? You aren't doing much to dispel your irrational reputation.

Oh Rama ... where is your sense of humor ...
btw: just because a woman mentions God does not automatically mean that she is Christian ...
the Demons believe in God and they tremble

Have a great day :)
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Rama Set

« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2017, 02:54:06 PM »
Maybe not, most people just know Dawkins as 'that famous atheist guy' I'm guessing that when the studio directors were made aware of some of his comments, they decided that he wasn't worth the hassle and dropped him.

If that is the case, then their booker did a shitty job.  Dawkins has been at this for quite some time.  It is funny that they dropped him specifically for disparaging Islam and not any of the other religions he criticizes. 

Oh Rama ... where is your sense of humor ...

With the funny people.

btw: just because a woman mentions God does not automatically mean that she is Christian ...
the Demons believe in God and they tremble

Are you claiming she is a demon?

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2017, 03:01:33 PM »

not at all .. a person is not a demon, however a person can be influenced by a demon < read a Bible :)
..................................................... ><> God's ability is according to his will <><

Rama Set

« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2017, 03:04:06 PM »

not at all .. a person is not a demon, however a person can be influenced by a demon < read a Bible :)

Are you claiming she is influenced by a demon?

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2017, 03:25:43 PM »

not at all ... probably influenced by the fear of flying

although God does not give us (Christians) the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind ... 2 Timothy 1:7
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 03:29:44 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2017, 03:40:21 PM »

not at all ... probably influenced by the fear of flying

although God does not give us (Christians) the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind ... 2 Timothy 1:7
Fear is part of most animals.  Thus, God must have given it to us as part of our biology.  And it makes sense.  Without fear, we'd all die alot faster.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2017, 03:44:34 PM »
Fear is part of most animals. 
Thus, God must have given it to us as part of our biology.  And it makes sense.  Without fear, we'd all die alot faster.

Indeed, there is a healthy fear and an unhealthy fear ....
The fear of the LORD (awesome respect) is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding ... Proverbs 9:10

Show me a man who says: "I know not the meaning of fear",  and I'll show you an idiot who gets beat up a lot

Fear is part of most animals .. Thus, God must have given it to us as .....

sorry, but man (as opposed to animals) is made in the image of God .... but yes, fear spans all species
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 03:46:58 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2017, 04:01:09 PM »
Fear is part of most animals. 
Thus, God must have given it to us as part of our biology.  And it makes sense.  Without fear, we'd all die alot faster.

Indeed, there is a healthy fear and an unhealthy fear ....
The fear of the LORD (awesome respect) is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding ... Proverbs 9:10

Show me a man who says: "I know not the meaning of fear",  and I'll show you an idiot who gets beat up a lot

Fear is part of most animals .. Thus, God must have given it to us as .....

sorry, but man (as opposed to animals) is made in the image of God .... but yes, fear spans all species

Thus, god gave us fear.  Which contradicts your quote above.

Also, fear is not respect, FYI.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2017, 04:06:54 PM »
Thus, god gave us fear.  Which contradicts your quote above. Also, fear is not respect, FYI.

some education for you :)

Romans 03:13 .. their throat is an open grave .. with their tongues they keep deceiving .. the poison of asps is under their lips
03:14 .. whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness
03:15 .. their feet are swift to shed blood
03:16 .. destruction and misery are in their paths
03:17 .. and the path of peace they have not known
03:18 .. there is no fear of God before their eyes

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 04:14:05 PM by Boodidlie »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »
Thus, god gave us fear.  Which contradicts your quote above. Also, fear is not respect, FYI.

some education for you :)

Romans 03:13 .. their throat is an open grave .. with their tongues they keep deceiving .. the poison of asps is under their lips
03:14 .. whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness
03:15 .. their feet are swift to shed blood
03:16 .. destruction and misery are in their paths
03:17 .. and the path of peace they have not known
03:18 .. there is no fear of God before their eyes

Grammar nazi in hebrew is also irrelevant.
And again, fear is not respect.  You have not refuted that.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
If that is the case, then their booker did a shitty job.

Yup, inviting people then withdrawing that invitation is generally a crappy thing to do, but in the grand scheme of things its nothing to get too bent out of shape over.

It is funny that they dropped him specifically for disparaging Islam and not any of the other religions he criticizes.

It might be argued that, as the majority religion in the US, Christianity can afford to take it, whereas a minority faith who regularly receive persecution and abuse for their belief could probably be spared Dawkins' increasingly unhinged babblings.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #193 on: August 09, 2017, 04:26:09 PM »

Indeed I have

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2017, 05:33:46 PM »

Indeed I have

Posting the same link in which someone, in their interpretation, justifies why a word in Hebrew means both reverence and fear does not make you right.
First off, Hebrew is not English and we are using English.
Secondly, the word means "to flow out of the gut" which covers a wide range of things such as fear, nervousness, anxiety, etc... which is what you feel when you meet someone you revere.  Reverence does not flow from the gut, but from the heart.

Third, everything he wrote is total BS anyway.

His entire basis is ירא(yare) meaning the same thing despite two passages that he claims show them meaning different things.

Genesis 3:10
Deuteronomy 6:13

However, according to Bible hub:
http://biblehub.com/text/deuteronomy/6-13.htm

It means fear, not respect.
[/font]

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2017, 05:47:15 PM »
Postin tha same link up in which one of mah thugs, up in they interpretation, justifies why a word up in Hebrew means both reverence n' fear do not make you right. First off, Hebrew aint Gangsta n' we is rockin Gangsta. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Secondly, tha word means "to flow outta tha gut" which covers a wide range of thangs like fuckin fear, nervousness, anxiety, etc... which is what tha fuck you feel when you hook up one of mah thugs you revere, so peek-a-boo, clear tha way, I be comin' thru fo'sho.  Reverence do not flow from tha gut yo, but from tha ass. Third, every last muthafuckin thang da thug freestyled is total BS anyway yo. His entire basis is (yare) meanin tha same thang despite two passages dat his schmoooove ass fronts show dem meanin different thangs. Well shiiiit, it means fear, not respect.

.............. w h a t e v e r

Romans 3:18  "THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES."

The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number: 5401   Browse Lexicon
Original Word   Word Origin
foboß   from a primary phebomai (to be put in fear)
Transliterated Word   TDNT Entry
Phobos   9:189,1272
Phonetic Spelling   Parts of Speech
fob'-os    Noun Masculine
Definition:
1.fear, dread, terror, that which strikes terror
2. reverence for one's husband
NAS Word Usage - Total: 45
cause of fear 1, fear 37, fearful 1, fears 1, intimidation 1,
respect 1, respectful 1, reverence 1, sense of awe 1
==================================
Definition of fear
transitive verb
archaic :  frighten
archaic :  to feel fear in (oneself)
to have a reverential awe of fear God
:  to be afraid of :  expect with alarm fear the worst
intransitive verb
:  to be afraid or apprehensive feared for their lives feared to go out at night
fearer noun
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 06:26:28 PM by Boodidlie »

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2017, 06:43:54 PM »
It might be argued that, as the majority religion in the US, Christianity can afford to take it, whereas a minority faith who regularly receive persecution and abuse for their belief could probably be spared Dawkins' increasingly unhinged babblings.

It's because Christians won't blow you up for criticizing their religion. Muslims will.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2017, 07:46:45 PM »
Postin tha same link up in which one of mah thugs, up in they interpretation, justifies why a word up in Hebrew means both reverence n' fear do not make you right. First off, Hebrew aint Gangsta n' we is rockin Gangsta. Right back up in yo muthafuckin ass. Secondly, tha word means "to flow outta tha gut" which covers a wide range of thangs like fuckin fear, nervousness, anxiety, etc... which is what tha fuck you feel when you hook up one of mah thugs you revere, so peek-a-boo, clear tha way, I be comin' thru fo'sho.  Reverence do not flow from tha gut yo, but from tha ass. Third, every last muthafuckin thang da thug freestyled is total BS anyway yo. His entire basis is (yare) meanin tha same thang despite two passages dat his schmoooove ass fronts show dem meanin different thangs. Well shiiiit, it means fear, not respect.

.............. w h a t e v e r

Romans 3:18  "THERE IS NO FEAR OF GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES."

The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Strong's Number: 5401   Browse Lexicon
Original Word   Word Origin
foboß   from a primary phebomai (to be put in fear)
Transliterated Word   TDNT Entry
Phobos   9:189,1272
Phonetic Spelling   Parts of Speech
fob'-os    Noun Masculine
Definition:
1.fear, dread, terror, that which strikes terror
2. reverence for one's husband
NAS Word Usage - Total: 45
cause of fear 1, fear 37, fearful 1, fears 1, intimidation 1,
respect 1, respectful 1, reverence 1, sense of awe 1
==================================
Definition of fear
transitive verb
archaic :  frighten
archaic :  to feel fear in (oneself)
to have a reverential awe of fear God
:  to be afraid of :  expect with alarm fear the worst
intransitive verb
:  to be afraid or apprehensive feared for their lives feared to go out at night
fearer noun
I like how you're just swapping languages randomly.

Also, I looked up Revere's entomology.  Fun stuff.  Like did you know it didn't exist until the 17th century?  Well after the bible was written.  It's from french, which got it from Latin which means "intense Fear".  Though I will admit, it also means respect and in awe of. (the root latin)
Which doesn't apply today BUT it does makes me wonder...
What society has Fear and Respect as the same word?  The answer, of course, is when you use fear to gain power or have others in awe.  Which isn't true respect.

But we could do this all day.  Point is, one can't be fearful of God and Respect God at the same time.  You are in awe because you are afraid of him and his power. 

Offline Jura-Glenlivet

• Life is meaningless & everything dies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2017, 08:14:04 PM »

As Voltaire said “God is a comedian playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh.”
Just to be clear, you are all terrific, but everything you say is exactly what a moron would say.

Offline Boodidlie

• View Profile
    • dadmansabode
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2017, 09:13:12 PM »
As Voltaire said “God is a comedian playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh.”

pfft !! ... God's Spirit lives IN me -- Jesus calls me his friend -- my sin is forgiven --
God gave me to his Son as a love gift from the foundation of the Earth --
I call God "Abba Father" (Daddy) and I will live in eternity in His presence

what does Voltaire have to offer ?? < not so much .... see: Atheism and arrogance
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 09:24:01 PM by Boodidlie »