Re: Water finding it's own level
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 08:14:44 AM »
He's not talking about tides. He's talking about the continuous motion of the sea and it's defiance of any fluid dynamic model that could be attributed to a spinning magic hydro magenetic ball.

Water flattens out by nature of fluid dynamics, something we have known forever. How a hill of water could ever exist is baffling to anyone that actually thinks about it.

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Water finding it's own level
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 11:39:46 AM »
He's not talking about tides. He's talking about the continuous motion of the sea and it's defiance of any fluid dynamic model that could be attributed to a spinning magic hydro magenetic ball.

Water flattens out by nature of fluid dynamics, something we have known forever. How a hill of water could ever exist is baffling to anyone that actually thinks about it.
OK, what is this "continuous motion of the sea and it's defiance of any fluid dynamic model"?
What do you mean by "magic hydro magenetic ball"? I really don't know what you are talking about.
And, what is this "hill of water"? Who claims a hill? Are you thinking of the "slight bulge" that leads to the tides?

I think a clear choice has to be made.
If the earth is a globe then gravitation is essential to "hold it all together", but then of course gravitation (along with the "Laws of Motion") explains the orbits of satellites, planets and tides (though that is quite a complex topic in itself).

But, if the earth is flat then certainly Newton's "Law of Gravitation" does not fit with "gravity" on earth, though some in the FE do support "Celestial Gravitation" as in:
Quote from: the Wiki
Celestial Gravitation
Celestial Gravitation is a part of some Flat Earth models which involve an attraction by all objects of mass on earth to the heavenly bodies. This is not the same as Gravity, since Celestial Gravitation does not imply an attraction between objects of mass on Earth. Celestial Gravitation accounts for tides and other gravimetric anomalies across the Earth's plane.
Mind I don't agree, but that's what "the Wiki" says.

Since you seem to be advocating a flat earth, why all the doubts about gravity on the globe? It's irrelevant!
If not, there does not seem to be much alternative to gravitation.