Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
One of these things is not like the others
« on: March 19, 2019, 12:41:28 AM »
One of these things does not belong

Round Moon, round Mars, round... wait, no, that's not a round Earth. That's a flat picture of Earth's horizon. I wonder why NASA would do that? Perhaps a rebel graphics artist is sending us a message?

Offline stack

• View Profile
Re: One of these things is not like the others
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 05:46:20 AM »
Using the same logic, perhaps the rebel graphic designer is also telling us that the Moon is actually quite a bit larger than the earth or mars.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 07:32:42 AM »
And the rebel graphic designer seems to have made the horizon curved.

What does it all mean?!
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline WellRoundedIndividual

• Proverbs 13:20 is extremely relevant today.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 11:08:20 AM »
And the Mars Rover is massive! How did NASA launch something so massive out of the Earth's atmosphere?
BobLawBlah.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 02:54:21 PM »
Using the same logic, perhaps the rebel graphic designer is also telling us that the Moon is actually quite a bit larger than the earth or mars.

That's true and something that should be looked into as well.

And the rebel graphic designer seems to have made the horizon curved.

What does it all mean?!

Read the FAQ since it's clear you haven't or you would know by now why horizons look curved.

And the Mars Rover is massive! How did NASA launch something so massive out of the Earth's atmosphere?

Probably making fun of the fact that they know the Mars rover never left Earth at all.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 03:21:51 PM »
The 'rebel' graphic designer might also be trolling flat earthers. Or maybe, just maybe... He wanted to depict it that way because reasons. I'm more concerned for those giant rockets... Scary stuff that.

Rushy, is this a serious topic or did you accidentally post complete nonsense in the upper fora? It's hard to tell at this point.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 03:26:24 PM »
I would venture to say that graphic designers in most part aren't concerned with scientific accuracy.  They are looking at making it look appealing to the eye.

But then again, it could be a mole. I mean, all of this discussion is mere assertions without any evidence - so this is more of a lower fora post.
BobLawBlah.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 03:56:03 PM »
Read the FAQ since it's clear you haven't or you would know by now why horizons look curved.
I do know. It's because we live on a globe.
But I do enjoy these pieces of "heads I win, tails you lose" FE logic.
One of your pieces of evidence is "The world looks flat". Except when it doesn't and you're all "A curve! Exactly as we predicted!"
As someone else said, this thread really belongs in CN.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 06:12:14 PM »
The 'rebel' graphic designer might also be trolling flat earthers. Or maybe, just maybe... He wanted to depict it that way because reasons. I'm more concerned for those giant rockets... Scary stuff that.

Rushy, is this a serious topic or did you accidentally post complete nonsense in the upper fora? It's hard to tell at this point.

Is a globe picture of the earth not pleasing to the eye? Why show a round moon and round mars, but not a round earth?

I would venture to say that graphic designers in most part aren't concerned with scientific accuracy.  They are looking at making it look appealing to the eye.

But then again, it could be a mole. I mean, all of this discussion is mere assertions without any evidence - so this is more of a lower fora post.

The evidence is right there in the picture.

I do know. It's because we live on a globe.
But I do enjoy these pieces of "heads I win, tails you lose" FE logic.
One of your pieces of evidence is "The world looks flat". Except when it doesn't and you're all "A curve! Exactly as we predicted!"
As someone else said, this thread really belongs in CN.

Then it's a good thing you're not the ones who decide what goes in CN and what doesn't, especially since you can't even be bothered to read the FAQ. If you ask a basic question, you'll get a basic answer. No one enjoys arguing why a curved horizon doesn't actually mean a round earth over and over again. It's a solved issue that gone over in the FAQ. Your inability to comprehend the answer is not my concern.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 06:20:10 PM »
No, the evidence in the picture does not make the conclusion that someone had certain intentions or not. You cannot claim that the artist had any sort of agenda or NASA had any sort of agenda by choosing to make the image the way they did. Literally, the only thing you can say about this image is that the sizes, distances and shapes of individual objects vary and may not represent the true characteristics of each object. You can INFER what you want, but it does not make your claim a fact or the truth.
BobLawBlah.