Sunsets on a flat earth
« on: December 30, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »
Hi I'm a curious globe earther and I was just wondering if someone could explain to me why the sun would appear to set and not just get smaller on a flat earth
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:19:48 PM by Jagixos »

totallackey

Re: Sunsets on a flat earth
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 12:13:05 PM »
Hi I'm a curious globe earther and I was just wondering if someone could explain to me why the sun would appear to set and not just get smaller on a flat earth
The sun appears to disappear behind trees from my point of view, much the same as a any object traveling overhead from east to west in my locale.

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 09:10:58 AM »

[/quote]
The sun appears to disappear behind trees from my point of view, much the same as a any object traveling overhead from east to west in my locale.
[/quote]

Does this look right?   I put it together as best I knew of the layout of the flat earth.  I'm trying to work out how it works with the sunrise and sunset, and the sun movement.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 09:13:20 AM »
...and from a perspective view.

totallackey

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 11:55:36 AM »
To the best of one's ability to depict the issue (given the distances involved) I would think yes.

Re: Flat Earth
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 07:39:07 PM »
I was wondering how flat-earthers explain how you can fly around the Earth? If it was flat, you would just fly over the edge or do you think there's some sort of magic portal at the edge? Also, how come nobody has ever found the edge of the Earth?