Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
Re: Transgenderism
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 01:08:39 PM »
Do they prefer the term transasterisk over transgender?
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 01:27:55 PM »
Depends, trans* covers a lot of terms sech as transgender, transexual, transvestite, genderqueer, genderfluid, non-binary, genderfuck, genderless, agender, non-gendered, third gender, two-spirit, bigender, all of which have lots of tedious technicalities and differences.

We could spend a thread picking apart the differences between transgenderism and transsexualism, but do we really want to be bothered?

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 01:41:18 PM »
Most of that sounds hilarious. I could definitely be bothered.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 02:49:04 PM »
I see transgenderism as irrelevant, since I view gender itself as an artificial (and unhealthy) social construct. Transgenderism is just the way some people choose to deal with social expectations that make them uncomfortable. I prefer not to impose such expectations on others, and therefore have no problem accepting anyone for whatever gender they choose to identify as.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 05:30:10 PM »
I've got nothing against transgenderism.

Each to their own.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »
At its core, it's a physical treatment for a mental illness.  Ideally, we'd treat their minds and help them accept their biological sex rather than have them go through the lengthy, expensive, and still imperfect surgeries to try and change their bodies.  Sadly, that doesn't seem to work in a lot of cases, so I guess physical treatments are the next best thing.

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 06:27:58 PM »
At its core, it's a physical treatment for a mental illness.  Ideally, we'd treat their minds and help them accept their biological sex rather than have them go through the lengthy, expensive, and still imperfect surgeries to try and change their bodies.  Sadly, that doesn't seem to work in a lot of cases, so I guess physical treatments are the next best thing.

I think it's a social disorder, not so much a mental one.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 07:14:52 PM »
I agree with Saddam mostly. Although, treating a transgender person for their delusion would be the same thing as treating a religious person for his/hers. I don't think either of those scenarios would be acceptable to much of society. For now, I'll continue to refer to trans people by their biological sex. They can call themselves whatever they want, but I don't have to accept it.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 08:27:17 PM »
At its core, it's a physical treatment for a mental illness.

False.

Rama Set

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 08:54:12 PM »
At its core, it's a physical treatment for a mental illness.

False.

Agreed.  Transgenderism is a conflict between one's physiology and their gender identity.  It has a physical and a mental component.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2014, 09:29:29 PM »
I agree with Saddam mostly. Although, treating a transgender person for their delusion would be the same thing as treating a religious person for his/hers. I don't think either of those scenarios would be acceptable to much of society. For now, I'll continue to refer to trans people by their biological sex. They can call themselves whatever they want, but I don't have to accept it.

Mental treatment is far more acceptable to most of society than physical surgery.  As shocking as this may seem, your "I ain't holdin' with none of this here pee-cee bullshit" attitude isn't nearly as iconoclastic as you might think.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's the "default" reaction of society to transsexuals.  The norm rather than the exception.

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2014, 09:37:20 PM »
sometimes some people who look like one gender think of themselves as a different gender.  the end.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 10:03:09 PM »

Mental treatment is far more acceptable to most of society than physical surgery.  As shocking as this may seem, your "I ain't holdin' with none of this here pee-cee bullshit" attitude isn't nearly as iconoclastic as you might think.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's the "default" reaction of society to transsexuals.  The norm rather than the exception.

I'm against it for logical reasons though, not idealistic ones.

Ghost of V

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2014, 10:31:57 PM »

Then you shouldn't oppose it at all. Logically transgenderism does not affect you at all. There's no logical reason to oppose it. You are offended by it on some level, and therefore its idealistic. Aka a personal problem. That goes for anyone who opposes it.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2014, 10:35:22 PM »

Then you shouldn't oppose it at all. Logically transgenderism does not affect you at all. There's no logical reason to oppose it. You are offended by it on some level, and therefore its idealistic. Aka a personal problem. That goes for anyone who opposes it.

Incorrect.

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2014, 10:40:40 PM »
Removed fappenhosen's post for breaking Rule 7.  I don't think it was intended to to purposefully break the rule so no warning will be issued.  Please refrain from posting NSFW material, as per the rule.

It was a photo of a man. What do you hate about men? I suppose if it was a woman it would be OK. You feminist pigs make me sick.

Ghost of V

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2014, 10:46:10 PM »
Which part is incorrect?

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2014, 10:53:15 PM »
I agree with Saddam mostly. Although, treating a transgender person for their delusion would be the same thing as treating a religious person for his/hers.

If transgender people start insisting I wear a skirt then yes. And get offended when I don't. Otherwise no.

I don't mind if you believe Elvis is still alive. just don't demand it gets put on the national curriculum.

Offline Lemon

• Lime
    • View Profile
    • Disco
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2014, 10:55:04 PM »
I'm all good with it. Not sure I'd want to, say, date a transgender person, really, but it doesn't affect me a whole lot.

Putin don't like it, I don't like it. - Russia Today followers.

That there lady men don't do that do no good, ye hear? -Rednecks
NOTHING TO SEE HERE. IGNORE RAMA SET.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2014, 11:09:30 PM »
Removed fappenhosen's post for breaking Rule 7.  I don't think it was intended to to purposefully break the rule so no warning will be issued.  Please refrain from posting NSFW material, as per the rule.

It was a photo of a man. What do you hate about men? I suppose if it was a woman it would be OK. You feminist pigs make me sick.

Hilarious and witty.  It was NSFW, the end.