Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica (2004)
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 08:15:09 AM »
Loved BSG up until it started getting too woo-y with prophecies and astral visions. The politics worked really well and I loved howw they treated space combat - not silent as that would be boring, but not whizz-bang either because that would be unrealistic., instead they settled for a muted sound as though you were hearing what he pilots could hear.They also don't have too many of the usual ridiculous space fighter tropes. If someone is on their tail, they will just spin the ship around and shoot backwards. Also, Galactica's flak shield is one of the coolest defence systems in SF.

Offline Onix

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 04:59:45 PM »
Battlestar Galactica is not so good. You know, all the crazy monsters and stuff...you know like Klingons...and Wookies...and all that but...

Its not just similar to the original Battlestar Galactica, its basically a shot-for-shot remake. The story's kind of bland, its about this guy named Dumbledore and the tower he's in and he has to return this ring.

3/10

Ghost of V

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 05:01:34 PM »

Rama Set

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 05:11:19 PM »
Battlestar Galactica is not so good. You know, all the crazy monsters and stuff...you know like Klingons...and Wookies...and all that but...

Its not just similar to the original Battlestar Galactica, its basically a shot-for-shot remake. The story's kind of bland, its about this guy named Dumbledore and the tower he's in and he has to return this ring.

3/10

Ikr?  And the immortals dueling with swords gets tired fast.

Ghost of V

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »
I went to watch Battlestar Galactica for the first time since making this thread and the internet went down immediately as I opened netflix. I was playing online games for about 5 hours beforehand...  :o

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 06:30:19 PM »
not whizz-bang either because that would be unrealistic

lol

Rama Set

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »
not whizz-bang either because that would be unrealistic

lol

I forgot how good the musical score was.

Ghost of V

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2014, 06:01:08 PM »
I think Starbuck is my favorite character right now, but I also like Gaius.

Every character is awesome in their own way though.

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »
It is pretty good, although it does get a little daft half way through. I think it suffered from the writers strike.

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2014, 08:18:16 PM »
I just remembered the aeons where the asian chick and the fighter dude were rambling through the forest. With literally nothing happening. Over and over again. Sometimes they might see a cylon. Jesus H Christ I want that time back. There will be a reckoning and I will get that time back.

Ghost of V

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2014, 09:09:40 PM »
During the second half of the miniseries Gaius tells everyone he has invented a cylon detector and claims that he used it to determine that Doral was a cylon. From what I gathered: Gaius planned to implicate Doral the whole time, and he made up the entire story. At the end of the film you see that Doral was really a cylon the whole time. Did Gaius make a lucky guess or could he somehow tell that Doral was a cylon the whole time? After all, Gaius is supposedly a genius and is getting help from what may or may not be a cylon chip in his head (or possibly his subconscious, it's not clear on that either).  It doesn't really give a clear answer, I figured one of you might have better insight.

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »
Battlestar Galactica doesn't really give any clear answers apart from IT HAS ALL HAPPENED BEFORE which the series tells you time and time again.

Rama Set

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 07:30:37 PM »
During the second half of the miniseries Gaius tells everyone he has invented a cylon detector and claims that he used it to determine that Doral was a cylon. From what I gathered: Gaius planned to implicate Doral the whole time, and he made up the entire story. At the end of the film you see that Doral was really a cylon the whole time. Did Gaius make a lucky guess or could he somehow tell that Doral was a cylon the whole time? After all, Gaius is supposedly a genius and is getting help from what may or may not be a cylon chip in his head (or possibly his subconscious, it's not clear on that either).  It doesn't really give a clear answer, I figured one of you might have better insight.

Caprica Six points Gaius at Doral.

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2014, 10:27:36 PM »
Did Gaius make a lucky guess or could he somehow tell that Doral was a cylon the whole time?

Nobody cares. I'm glad I didn't suffer any more of this shit since it sounds like the plot didn't advance at all.