Re: 9th October 2016 - second US presidential debate
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2016, 03:29:38 PM »
super stoked that we're finally to the point of criticizing a candidate for not getting a divorce.  er, for not having gotten a divorce, i guess.  neat.

Is it now a good thing to stay married to someone who has made it quite obvious that the marriage is a political farce?

i don't think it's in my purview to make a normative judgement of a complete stranger's marriage.  that doesn't compute for me at all.  i can't imagine what possible insights into the clinton marriage one can have from an armchair.

lol i mean i know hillary plays for the blue team and all, but it just seems kind of really really presumptuous.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »
Hillary Clinton has(or defended someone who...) lost her cool when someone says she has tiny hands?
Hillary Clinton has(or defended someone who...) talked about kissing women and grabbing pussy?
Hillary Clinton has(or defended someone who...) sold stakes in a camera magazine?
Hillary Clinton (or defended someone who...) thinks a giant wall along the ENTIRE Mexican border is a great idea?
Hillary Clinton has(or defended someone who...) gets angry so very easily?

At this point the Trump camp is grasping at straws, pointing to Hillary's husband and saying "see?  She shouldn't be president because of the ex-president husband!" which is ridiculous.

I mean, I asked a trump supporter what the pros of Trump was.  I'm waiting for the answer. 
I asked another, who claimed Trump didn't condone what Bill Clinton did in the white house (I'm assuming he was talking about the affairs he had while governor), how he knew Trump didn't condone it. 

Quote from: Me
How do you know he didn't condone it?  I've heard rumors that Trump has had affairs himself (though I'm hesitent to trust the sources and haven't dug into it deeply).

Here's his answer:
Trump wasn't the president. Not saying Trump has been a perfect man. I will hold him accountable if he becomes president. Not what he did in his private life 15 20 years ago.  What Clinton did when he was in the white house as a servant to the people was a disgrace. I mean even the dems couldn't stand it.

This is the level of Trump supporters: They don't really know what the hell they're talking about.  They just cling to Trump saying there's positive things like he's self funded (33% of all the money he raised) soo... not really.  It's absurd.  They see him as an option because they think he'll fix the economy.  They think he'll fix jobs.  He's a business man for pete's sake!  His mindset is the most work with minimal cost and most profits!  He'll likely start hiring illegals in the US government just to cut costs!
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2016, 03:45:52 PM »
Hillary Clinton has(or defended someone who...) lost her cool when someone says she has tiny hands?

That's a rather specific and extremely literal interpretation of my statement.

Hillary Clinton has(or defended someone who...) talked about kissing women and grabbing pussy?

Yes. Multiple people, in fact. The answer is so easy, I'll leave it up to you to figure this one out.

Hillary Clinton has(or defended someone who...) sold stakes in a camera magazine?

I don't know what this is referencing. Hillary did funnel money from Haiti rebuilding committees to her brother's mining company, though.

Hillary Clinton (or defended someone who...) thinks a giant wall along the ENTIRE Mexican border is a great idea?

Yes, in fact she voted for the border wall in 2006. It's the very act she voted for that will allow Trump to build the wall in the first place.

Hillary Clinton has(or defended someone who...) gets angry so very easily?

Seems a rather broad statement with no real impact, even if I do rebut it.

At this point the Trump camp is grasping at straws, pointing to Hillary's husband and saying "see?  She shouldn't be president because of the ex-president husband!" which is ridiculous.

It's ridiculous to point out that she has condoned her husband's behavior for decades?

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2016, 03:59:59 PM »
dude you're aware that some people think divorce is wrong, right?  have you never encountered a religious person?  don't you live in the south?
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2016, 04:29:50 PM »
That's a rather specific and extremely literal interpretation of my statement.
Point is, Hillary doesn't fly off the handle like a child when someone insults her.

Yes. Multiple people, in fact. The answer is so easy, I'll leave it up to you to figure this one out.
Fair enough.  Trump = Bill Clinton!

I don't know what this is referencing. Hillary did funnel money from Haiti rebuilding committees to her brother's mining company, though.
... this was a typo on my part.
Should be Steaks.

Yes, in fact she voted for the border wall in 2006. It's the very act she voted for that will allow Trump to build the wall in the first place.
Yes, I see.  Huh... and here I thought the border was closer to 2,000miles  not 700 miles. Thanks for clearing that up.
Welp, guess that Wall trump wanted to build isn't needed.  It's been there for a decade. 

Seems a rather broad statement with no real impact, even if I do rebut it.
Did you WATCH the first debate?  (I haven't seen the second yet)  Donald Trump threw the adult equivalent of a temper tantrum when Hillary goaded him.  It didn't even take much.  By that alone I wouldn't vote for him.  I'd be afraid that every country or politician would essentially goad him into an outrage where he'd do/say something extremely foolish and irrational.

It's ridiculous to point out that she has condoned her husband's behavior for decades?
Oh, he's been having sexual relations for decades?  Source?
Also, Melinda Trump has forgiven her husband.  Maybe Hillary did too?  But yes, yes it is.  Why she did forgave him is immaterial, just like why Melinda Trump forgave Donald.  It's also immaterial that Donald said that stuff, as bad as it is.  What matters is how he presents himself to the public. 

But hey, Hillary jumped at it so Trump can do it too, right?  That's the attitude to have: Stoop to their level.

Point is, Hillary is not a mirror to Trump.  They are two very different people with different goals, personalities, temperaments, and skills.  And if you really wanna say they're a mirror, then Trump must be the worst human being and should be put in jail.

Right?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2016, 05:20:56 PM »
I only heard parts again (the debates aren't really that interesting to me) but I didn't like Hillary's proposals on gun control. Didn't hear if Trump changed his position or not but if not then I still don't like his proposals either. However Hillary committed felonies and threatened national security with those emails. It wasn't a simple mistake.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2016, 05:42:06 PM »
I only heard parts again (the debates aren't really that interesting to me) but I didn't like Hillary's proposals on gun control. Didn't hear if Trump changed his position or not but if not then I still don't like his proposals either. However Hillary committed felonies and threatened national security with those emails. It wasn't a simple mistake.

So far no one has charged her.

And Trump talked about his classified intelligence briefing.

Ssssooo....

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2016, 06:45:54 PM »
Finally saw some of the 2nd debate.

Wow that turned ugly really fast.

I haven't seen enough to make an opinion but so far, I'd call it even.  Trump was much calmer though he deflected questions very quickly.

A simple yes or no would have been great but, you know, let's talk about ISIS instead.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2016, 06:59:59 PM »
Trump was much calmer though he deflected questions very quickly.

A simple yes or no would have been great but, you know, let's talk about ISIS instead.
That's because he never actually has an answer for anything.

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2016, 08:55:20 PM »

So far no one has charged her.

And Trump talked about his classified intelligence briefing.

Ssssooo....

Do you really think the government is immune to corruption? A sailor was arrested for taking a picture of the submarine he was on and Hillary gets away with sending hundreds of classified emails.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2016, 10:48:07 PM »
Point is, Hillary doesn't fly off the handle like a child when someone insults her.

Yes, she just makes remarks like "can't we drone this guy or something?" and her enemies magically die. I'm sure Gaddafi and the ambassador to Benghazi really wish they had made that Clinton Foundation donation!

Yes, I see.  Huh... and here I thought the border was closer to 2,000miles  not 700 miles. Thanks for clearing that up.
Welp, guess that Wall trump wanted to build isn't needed.  It's been there for a decade. 

It was half-assed, no surprise, as the US government excels at half-assing things.

Did you WATCH the first debate?  (I haven't seen the second yet)  Donald Trump threw the adult equivalent of a temper tantrum when Hillary goaded him.  It didn't even take much.  By that alone I wouldn't vote for him.  I'd be afraid that every country or politician would essentially goad him into an outrage where he'd do/say something extremely foolish and irrational.

Trump is simply an actor who tried to treat the presidential debate like the primaries, which backfired considerably. He modified his strategy extensively in the second debate. Remember, creating the "adult temper tantrum" moments is the only reason he is here today.

Oh, he's been having sexual relations for decades?  Source?

He didn't take those pleasure cruises on private jets to Taiwan for political talks.

Also, Melinda Trump has forgiven her husband.  Maybe Hillary did too?  But yes, yes it is.  Why she did forgave him is immaterial, just like why Melinda Trump forgave Donald.  It's also immaterial that Donald said that stuff, as bad as it is.  What matters is how he presents himself to the public.

It's Melania, not Melinda. Also, if it was said in private, how does it relate to him presenting himself to the public?

But hey, Hillary jumped at it so Trump can do it too, right?  That's the attitude to have: Stoop to their level.

I'm not sure what your point is. "Everyone is bad" has basically been the slogan of 2016.

Point is, Hillary is not a mirror to Trump.  They are two very different people with different goals, personalities, temperaments, and skills.  And if you really wanna say they're a mirror, then Trump must be the worst human being and should be put in jail.

Right?

Again, this is an extremely literal interpretation of what I've said (especially considering the statement I put just after it!). We all know that Trump is not literally an object which reflects light, you don't have to keep attacking that point.

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2016, 01:21:34 AM »
Yes, she just makes remarks like "can't we drone this guy or something?" and her enemies magically die.

According to unnamed sources to TruePundit.com, who seems to not know the difference between "illegal" and "nonlegal." Seems legit.

It is also hilarious that Wikileaks essentially copy-pasted that section and then put it in a monospace font when they tweeted it. To make us think it was an actual document? I don't know, but it made me lose respect for Wikileaks.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:24:27 AM by trekky0623 »

George

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2016, 03:33:14 AM »
http://www.snopes.com/julian-assange-drone-strike/

http://nymag.com/selectall/2016/10/no-clinton-didnt-say-she-wanted-to-drone-strike-assange.html

Huh, I had no idea that this was bullshit.  I had actually just assumed it was an official WikiLeaks release - as in, we had the audio of it or something.

In any case, even if it were true, it doesn't address the criticism of Trump's childish, impulsive temperament.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2016, 06:42:35 PM »
super stoked that we're finally to the point of criticizing a candidate for not getting a divorce.  er, for not having gotten a divorce, i guess.  neat.

Is it now a good thing to stay married to someone who has made it quite obvious that the marriage is a political farce?

i don't think it's in my purview to make a normative judgement of a complete stranger's marriage.  that doesn't compute for me at all.  i can't imagine what possible insights into the clinton marriage one can have from an armchair.

lol i mean i know hillary plays for the blue team and all, but it just seems kind of really really presumptuous.

I suspect the reason Hillary stayed with Bill is because she knew she'd lose political influence without him. She would probably not be running for President right now if she had divorced him. She's a brilliant politician, but that also makes her a full-blown sociopath.

George

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2016, 06:55:43 PM »
How does that make her a sociopath?  If anything, it makes her more sympathetic.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2016, 07:01:31 PM »

I suspect the reason Hillary stayed with Bill is because she knew she'd lose political influence without him. She would probably not be running for President right now if she had divorced him. She's a brilliant politician, but that also makes her a full-blown sociopath.
Or she did for other reasons.
Plenty of women don't divorce their husbands when said husband cheats.  It's not uncommon and isn't motivated by politics or career.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2016, 12:58:23 AM »
Hmm or maybe a bunch of people on an internet forum have this all figured out??? Don't be dumb, guys.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2016, 02:38:17 AM »
Hmm or maybe a bunch of people on an internet forum have this all figured out??? Don't be dumb, guys.

http://bfy.tw/7SQP

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2016, 03:24:13 AM »

http://bfy.tw/7SQP

http://bfy.tw/n5h
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.