Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #800 on: February 26, 2017, 10:39:09 AM »
w0w0w0w that's some damn logic gymnastics you got goin' on there bud lmao
If you want to lower this discussion to shitty trolling, I can probably outmaneouvre you in that game. I'm playing nicely. Try to extend the same courtesy back.

You know good and well that the argument against allowing trans people in the bathroom that corresponds with their gender is about cis people's safety, not trans people's. It'd be downright delusional to suggest otherwise.
I wouldn't say it's the argument, but it's one of the arguments, yes. See, this is why I keep trying to point out that the issue is nuanced. To you it's black and white - moral policing must be enforced nationwide, and anyone who believes otherwise is an evil religious villain (the twirly moustache kind, of course) who hates human rights. Nevermind that you can't demonstrate the link to human rights without contradicting yourself. Nevermind that multiple arguments are floating around, and most of them don't mention safety at all. Nevermind facts, we must PROTECT RIGHTS OR SOMETHING

Your argument is rooted in emotion, which is why you take it apart yourself. To paraphrase: "Trump is inconsistent and that makes me angry! Here's an article that explains that he's not inconsistent. Oh, what's that? I should have read the article. Well, I didn't think the part that talks about his consistency is in any way important to me talking about how inconsistent he is, this is about human rights! Specifically, the right to safety, which is not affected demonstrably in any way, and which I believe is irrelevant since trans people get assaulted in either bathroom!"

This issue at hand, simply, is the state trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.  Most trans people, I imagine, use the bathroom that will cause them less issues.  So if they can pass as female, they will use the women's room.  If they pass as male, the mens.  And when they can: a gender neutral one.  All regardless of law.
I mostly agree. For the most part, the bathroom laws change nothing. It will, however, affect some extreme edge cases.

Meanwhile, the White House's open data catalogue has been blanked entirely. Unfortunate.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: February 26, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »
My view is simply that it's a matter of discrimination with no competing interest that justifies it. The only argument I've seen against letting trans people use the bathroom of the gender they identify with (I mean against in principle, not simply that they want to leave it to the states) is "Think of the children!" appeals revolving around mythical trans predators.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #802 on: February 26, 2017, 04:33:45 PM »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: February 27, 2017, 09:34:00 PM »
So Trump wants to add $54 Billion to the defense budget.
For some reason.

I get this feeling he wants to turn America into a militaristic country.  Well... moreso than it already is...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #804 on: February 27, 2017, 09:42:43 PM »
For some reason.

I get this feeling he wants to turn America into a militaristic country.  Well... moreso than it already is...

When exactly did you expatriate again?

« Reply #805 on: February 27, 2017, 09:46:06 PM »
For some reason.

He wants a bigger military, but he also wants to be best buds with Putin. A significant portion of our military is focused on projecting power into Eastern Europe and the Middle East, which Putin hates. So where is our power going to be redirected? Oh right, Bannon expects a war with China. That should be fun for everyone.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: February 27, 2017, 09:47:09 PM »
For some reason.

August 31, 2015.  Why do you ask?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #807 on: February 27, 2017, 10:07:42 PM »
For some reason.

Hmm... just don't know you are just now realizing that America has been a country built on it's military power for about 100 years.

« Reply #808 on: February 27, 2017, 10:54:11 PM »
For some reason.

Hmm... just don't know you are just now realizing that America has been a country built on it's military power for about 100 years.

*ahem*

I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Rama Set

« Reply #810 on: February 28, 2017, 12:09:56 AM »

« Reply #811 on: February 28, 2017, 12:33:14 AM »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/321318-trump-nobody-knew-that-healthcare-could-be-so-complicated

ffs.

What's the problem? He didn't know everything about healthcare and is admitting it.

He has been complaining about the ACA and promising a great solution for years. Is he seriously just now realizing that healthcare is complicated? It just proves that all his complaints and promises were nothing but hot air. Not that we need more proof...

« Reply #812 on: February 28, 2017, 12:42:08 AM »
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/321318-trump-nobody-knew-that-healthcare-could-be-so-complicated

ffs.

What's the problem? He didn't know everything about healthcare and is admitting it.

i feel like everyone already knew that healthcare was really complicated and tried to say this exact thing to him and his voters for almost a year.  i don't recall him being so forthcoming about his lack of expertise in health care when he was rallying votes by promising to repeal obamacare on day 1, which itself was an absurdly amateur lie.

that he now has the audacity to pretend to be enlightening the rest of us that "well golly gee you know this health care stuff is kinda complicated actually" is the sort of thing that makes me genuinely hate him.

not to mention that one of the things i have the least tolerance for in any leader is making excuses and passing blame, and ultimately that's all these remarks represent.  i especially hate it in a president who essentially campaigned on "this shit is easy everyone else is incompetent i'm gonna make all your wildest dreams come true and fix everything on day one."  and all he's done since then is either take credit for shit he didn't do, or pass the buck.  fuck him; i hope he dies in prison.

i'm not mad tho...

edit: mark my words, four years from now all anyone is gonna be hearing from trump is a list of excuses about why he wasn't able to fix immigration, or health care, or defeat isis, or bring significant numbers of jobs back, etc.  none of it will be his fault.  he was gonna fix it, but then it turned out to be really hard, or complicated, or congress wouldn't work with him, or whatever else.  but srsly tho just give him four more years and he's gonna fix this shit on DAY 1 of his second term.  pinky swear.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 12:46:23 AM by garygreen »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: February 28, 2017, 03:29:12 AM »
that he now has the audacity to pretend to be enlightening the rest of us that "well golly gee you know this health care stuff is kinda complicated actually" is the sort of thing that makes me genuinely hate him.

Remember when he finally got to the bottom of the Obama birther issue?  I was relieved when he finally revealed that Obama was born here after all.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #814 on: February 28, 2017, 03:53:45 AM »

Remember when he finally got to the bottom of the Obama birther issue?  I was relieved when he finally revealed that Obama was born here after all.

right?  plus i mean hillary started the whole birther thing.  he just gave the nation the closure it needed. 

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: February 28, 2017, 07:27:44 AM »
Trump addresses congress today.

Here's my predictions:

He'll start with talk about how he won, the media is evil, and congress needs to be fixed.
Then he'll make ralley type talk and deliver little of substance or specifics.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: February 28, 2017, 01:55:32 PM »
This is kinda funny.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/02/28/bill-oreilly-fox-news-erred-in-booking-guest-falsely-billed-as-swedish-security-adviser/

Basically...
Fox lied and they got called out on it so hard, they just HAD to apologize.  Which is good, I'm glad they did.  Bet it'll still be thrown around as fact though...

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: February 28, 2017, 03:20:14 PM »
The only thing they apologized for was claiming he was officially employed by the Swedish government, when what's being disputed is if this guy is even an expert on the subject or knows what he's talking about at all.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: February 28, 2017, 04:04:33 PM »
The only thing they apologized for was claiming he was officially employed by the Swedish government, when what's being disputed is if this guy is even an expert on the subject or knows what he's talking about at all.
Baby steps.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 01, 2017, 05:04:55 AM »