Ghost of V

Re: Ask Rushy about Bitcoins.
« Reply #420 on: June 16, 2014, 09:43:20 PM »
There are very, very few actual "hitmen" because the scenario usually runs like this: Two fat wankers meet in jail. Fat wankers leave jail. One fat wanker thinks his wife has been cheating. Asks the other fat wanker to kill her. He does. Two fat wankers go back to jail. The end.

Until I see an actual new story where a hitman has been paid by bitcoin (and they must have recieved a fair few payments now) then imma call grade A bullshit.

The "founder" of the Silk Road has been charged with paying a hitmen to murder someone through the deepweb. This information is available all over the internet. However, they are arguing that no murder was actually committed (the founder apparently did this a few other times), which gives credence to them all being trolls.

« Reply #421 on: June 28, 2014, 04:04:30 AM »
What the fuck just happened here? I thought bitcoins couldn't be stolen?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 28, 2014, 04:05:50 AM »
I thought bitcoins couldn't be stolen?

Where did you hear that?

« Reply #423 on: June 28, 2014, 07:29:23 AM »
It's in those threads. Every bitcoiner seems to say that all the time.

Ghost of V

« Reply #424 on: June 28, 2014, 04:45:25 PM »
Anything can be stolen. Bitcoins are not the exception to the rule. If you really want secure coinage I suggest moving to RonPaulCoin; it's backed by gold and libertarianism.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 30, 2014, 02:10:04 PM »
It's in those threads. Every bitcoiner seems to say that all the time.

Those threads? Every one of them says it can't be stolen? You're not making any sense. Are you getting your Bitcoin news from fortran?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 01, 2014, 04:05:12 PM »
NewEgg now takes Bitcoin.

You can't stop the signal.

« Reply #427 on: July 03, 2014, 08:23:17 PM »
The way I understood it is that Newegg actually gets cash, guaranteed from a third party that takes bitcoin.

« Reply #428 on: July 03, 2014, 09:17:50 PM »
So you're saying it works like a credit card transaction.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

« Reply #429 on: July 04, 2014, 06:37:45 AM »
Kind of but not quite. Newegg aren't using bitcoin, and that's the important part.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 04, 2014, 02:53:22 PM »
The way I understood it is that Newegg actually gets cash, guaranteed from a third party that takes bitcoin.

This is how most businesses take it, via Bitpay or Coinbase. The only large company I know of that keeps some of the coins is Overstock, whose CEO has already proclaimed he plans on expanding the Bitcoin economy considerably.

Ultimately it is irrelevant whether they treat Bitcoin as a payment system or a currency, it is better at both than any other legacy system.

« Reply #431 on: July 04, 2014, 10:54:00 PM »
it is better at both than any other legacy system.

Bold claims grounded in fact.

« Reply #432 on: July 04, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
From the point of view of the retailer, there are no chargebacks, and the fees are very low in comparison to Visa/MC.
Quote from: Saddam Hussein
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

« Reply #433 on: July 05, 2014, 04:00:45 AM »
From the point of view of the retailer they cant price things in bitcoin because its price is highly volatile.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 05, 2014, 02:55:52 PM »
From the point of view of the retailer they cant price things in bitcoin because its price is highly volatile.

As long as there is an exchange rate the price of bitcoins is irrelevant. Furthermore, price fluctuations are due to the market being small. Since bitcoin is better than any current system, the market will become exponentially bigger and the fluctuations will drop to that of USD (around 1-3%).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:57:25 PM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 05, 2014, 03:00:55 PM »

As long as there is an exchange rate the price of bitcoins is irrelevant. Furthermore, price fluctuations are due to the market being small. Since bitcoin is better than any current system, the market will become exponentially bigger and the fluctuations will drop to that of USD (around 1-3%).
Citation needed.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 05, 2014, 03:02:52 PM »
Citation needed.

You could easily read this thread or google "bitcoin." Bitcoin is better and everyone here will be using it... whether they want to or not.

« Reply #437 on: July 05, 2014, 10:38:11 PM »
As long as there is an exchange rate the price of bitcoins is irrelevant.

Wut. I know its taken me a while, but I'm coming to the conclusion that you're clearly the least qualified person on this site to be giving financial advice. By a long long measure.

Bitcoin is better and everyone here will be using it... whether they want to or not.

*pop*

And with that sound Irushwithscvs disappeared up his own anus.

« Reply #438 on: July 05, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »
Haha, oh man. You'd go down well on /r/bitcoin. Go and stir some drama, will you? Then let me post it to /r/subredditdrama.

Ghost of V

« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2014, 07:39:21 PM »