Is space real?
« on: October 11, 2016, 05:12:39 AM »
Guys is space real or made up by Nasa?   8)
are YE A BOY OR A GIRL LASSY? 8)

Offline Norr

• View Profile
Re: Is space real?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 02:23:44 PM »
Well I see the ISS and various satellites nightly. For now I assume its there, seeing as the ISS is less that one quarter the size of the jets I see at the highest altitude I can see them at. Logic dictates its waaaaaay higher as if it was that small it couldn't stay aloft 24/7

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 11:50:51 PM »
It's the real deal. I've seen satillites with my own eyes.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

geckothegeek

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 03:09:34 AM »
It's real. It is not made up by NASA. Space has been around forever.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 09:00:53 AM »
Guys is space real or made up by Nasa?   8)

Yes. Space is real. Except in my closet, where there is always an absence of space!
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 08:40:33 PM »

Well I hate to break it to you, but satellites aren't in "SPACE" they are in low earth orbit. That's anywhere from 100 miles up to 1,200 miles. Either way, not outer space.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 08:58:17 PM »

Well I hate to break it to you, but satellites aren't in "SPACE" they are in low earth orbit. That's anywhere from 100 miles up to 1,200 miles. Either way, not outer space.

I'm no expert, but the quick google search I did (Wikipedia) seems to disagree with you. Whose right? Or since it's not well defined perhaps it's somewhat subjective. But your post sounded quite positive.

"There is no firm boundary where outer space begins. However the Kármán line, at an altitude of 100 km (62 mi) above sea level, is conventionally used as the start of outer space in space treaties and for aerospace records keeping."
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 09:30:27 PM »

I'm no expert, but the quick google search I did (Wikipedia) seems to disagree with you. Whose right? Or since it's not well defined perhaps it's somewhat subjective. But your post sounded quite positive.

"There is no firm boundary where outer space begins. However the Kármán line, at an altitude of 100 km (62 mi) above sea level, is conventionally used as the start of outer space in space treaties and for aerospace records keeping."

That definition seems pretty arbitrary. It doesn't define being completely out of Earth's atmosphere, which in my opinion would be considered the "vacuum" of space.

It's pretty obvious that space exists. However I would consider our knowledge of what exactly it is, incomplete.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 10:15:19 PM »

That definition seems pretty arbitrary. It doesn't define being completely out of Earth's atmosphere, which in my opinion would be considered the "vacuum" of space.

It's pretty obvious that space exists. However I would consider our knowledge of what exactly it is, incomplete.

Fair enough.

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 06:42:19 PM »
Voyager 1 is in deep space now, 135 AU from the sun.