Offline Norr

• View Profile
Re: Has anyone got proof(s) that isf/are TRUE ONLY for Globe OR Flat earth?
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2016, 02:26:23 PM »
It is both Spherical and Flat simultaneously.

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
im thinking our reality is neither globe or flat..its something else..it wouldnt even be debatable if it was.
It's an irregular shape but most closely resembles a sphere.

Better back up your proposition with irrefutable proof(s) that is true only to that "irregular shape" claim of yours.... :)
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
im thinking our reality is neither globe or flat..its something else..it wouldnt even be debatable if it was.
It's an irregular shape but most closely resembles a sphere.

Better back up your proposition with irrefutable proof(s) that is true only to that "irregular shape" claim of yours.... :)

As far as the irregular claim, look at your nearest mountains and/or valley. There is the proof. For proof of the claim that the earth resembles a sphere I would like to submit a couple of photos. If those don't convince you, circumnavigate the earth travelling NE, NW, SE, or SW and see if you arrive at your starting point. Another thing you can do is shine a laser two miles over a still body of water. Make sure the light is the same distance above the water at either end. (I suggest 1 foot. Less than 8 inches won't work.)  Then go measure the middle. If you don't have a laser you can do the same experiment by stretching strong, neutral buoyancy fish-line tight underneath the surface of the water.Here are the photos:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:53:11 AM by Boots »
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2016, 10:29:04 AM »
@ Boots,

Oh c'mmon, all your GE-based arguments and proofs have been overused already. I suggest you read also ALL FE arguments and facts re such topic. Anyway, let me tell you that in those lines of arguments, both GEs and FEs have valid points, only that they don't see that, causing them to pointlessly and endlessly argue and argue without getting to the truth out there. Don't get into such trap, you might find yourself knowing nothing but shallow info. Be a truth seeker. Find out there somewhere an irrefutable and indubitable proof(s)... Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:30:42 AM by cel »
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2016, 11:51:54 AM »
@ Boots,

Oh c'mmon, all your GE-based arguments and proofs have been overused already. I suggest you read also ALL FE arguments and facts re such topic. Anyway, let me tell you that in those lines of arguments, both GEs and FEs have valid points, only that they don't see that, causing them to pointlessly and endlessly argue and argue without getting to the truth out there. Don't get into such trap, you might find yourself knowing nothing but shallow info. Be a truth seeker. Find out there somewhere an irrefutable and indubitable proof(s)... Thanks. :)

Well, Flat Earthers claim that the horizon always rises to eye-level, no matter what the elevation.
Quote from: the Wiki
Basic Perspective
A fact of basic perspective is that the line of the horizon is always at eye level with the observer.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
"Anyone who has ever been to the seaside will have seen a horizon (as long as it wasn't foggy). This is the line you see far away, out to sea. It's the line where the water stops and the sky starts. There are horizon lines everywhere, but usually you don't see them because something like a hill or a tree or a house is in the way.
You always see the horizon line at your eye level. In fact, if you change your eye level (by standing up, or sitting down) the horizon line changes too, and follows your eye level. Your eye level always follows you around everywhere because it's your eye level. If you sit on the floor the horizon is at your eye level. If you stand up, it's at your eye level. If you stand on top of a very tall building, or look out of the window of an aeroplane, the horizon is still at your eye level.

This is made as a direct unsupported ststement in the Wiki.

Well, I claim that on a globe there is a measurable, though small, angle of dip to the horizon from the local horizontal. Surveying instruments can measure this from quite low elevations and much less precise levels can detect it from around 300 m elevation and higher.

I have made numerous posts on this and had little response, other than "I can't see any curvature", but I am not talking about curvature at all. Here are some of those posts (all much the same):
Re: Why can't we see the sun via telescope after it sets/moves further? or can we? « Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 02:16:28 AM »,
Re: It shouldn't be that hard to settle whether the earth is round. « Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 12:53:12 PM »,
Re: eye level flat horizon at 120,000 feet « Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 07:16:25 AM ».

The only reason for quoting more than one is so you can read any comments or objections others have made.

But I believe that "Dip Angle to the Horizon" measurements done from a number of different high elevations (up to say 10,000 m) is enough to decide whether the earth is f;at or a globe.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2016, 05:12:14 PM »
    @ Boots,

I confess I am not that well versed in FE arguments. The reason I like to discuss on this forum is because I prefer to learn from discussion than from reading big books or watching long, rambling videos. So I have a couple questions I would like you to answer:

• Do you believe that a string pulled tight forms a straight line or a curved line?
    • Do you believe a laser beam forms a straight line, or a curved line?
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:00:50 PM by Boots »
    “There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline Boots

• View Profile
    « Reply #66 on: October 12, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »
    @ Boots,

Oh c'mmon, all your GE-based arguments and proofs have been overused already.

If I were to argue that 2+2=5 you would likely use a few arguments and proofs to show me that I was in error and that 2+2=4. If I continued to disagree would you continue to come up with new proofs and arguments? No. There is not an infinite number of proofs and arguments available. The value of a proof is not determined by the number of times it has been used.

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2016, 02:02:57 PM »
    A lot of 'perspective' has come up in this post. I have a question to FE'ers regarding the sun 'setting'. How far away from you must the sun be to set over the ocean? Surely if there is a law of perspective and the sun remains at the same height, there should be a set distance for this to occur.

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2016, 02:17:05 PM »
    Second question: Why on a clear day do you see a clear line as the horizon at the ocean? This seems intuitive on the FE model, as you can see 3 to 6 miles or so depending on where you are standing, and then if you go to the top of a nearby building the horizon is still clear, but much further away! Surely on a flat earth the horizon would only disappear due to atmospheric distortion, so whatever height you were at, the horizon should be 'fuzzy'.

Offline Boots

• View Profile
    « Reply #69 on: October 18, 2016, 04:23:37 PM »
    He's gone dark and silent as a submarine, leavin us hangin like Apollo 13.   ???

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2016, 01:36:42 PM »
    A lot of 'perspective' has come up in this post. I have a question to FE'ers regarding the sun 'setting'. How far away from you must the sun be to set over the ocean? Surely if there is a law of perspective and the sun remains at the same height, there should be a set distance for this to occur.

Still waiting!! Any takers?