Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #2040 on: August 09, 2017, 04:12:16 AM »
Trump's body language has always been a very strong indicator of what he's thinking. Look at him when he makes his threats. Arms crossed almost too tightly to be comfortable, his eyes are going all over the place trying to lock in on someone. As far as I can tell, this is the first time since he took office that he's shown himself to be legit scared.

Well, yeah.
His golf courses will suffer if they get nuked.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: August 09, 2017, 08:27:59 AM »
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: August 09, 2017, 10:01:38 AM »
I so want this to be true because it's hilarious.
I've heard this rumor and given Trump's constant assertion of how great he is, I'd be surprised if it was false.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: August 09, 2017, 12:24:18 PM »
So get this: I have no problem with Trump's warning against North Korea. Indeed I think it's about time someone threw the little dictator's violent rhetoric back at him. I don't think there's any real threat of nuclear war because I don't think Kim would be willing to lose everything over a pissing contest and I think he knows he won't win a war with us, and I seriously doubt Trump's threat changed anything. I think Trump showed some balls which is one of the first commendable things he's done in his presidency.

And those who say they fear the president might strike first, I personally find the prospect of Kim striking first much more frightening.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: August 09, 2017, 12:32:16 PM »
And those who say they fear the president might strike first, I personally find the prospect of Kim striking first much more frightening.
Given that North Korea is only furthering its arsenal, it would probably indeed be better if the USA set the timing of any hypothetical war.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: August 09, 2017, 02:37:37 PM »
So get this: I have no problem with Trump's warning against North Korea. Indeed I think it's about time someone threw the little dictator's violent rhetoric back at him. I don't think there's any real threat of nuclear war because I don't think Kim would be willing to lose everything over a pissing contest and I think he knows he won't win a war with us, and I seriously doubt Trump's threat changed anything. I think Trump showed some balls which is one of the first commendable things he's done in his presidency.

Yeah, but if he believes Trump will attack (and I for one believe it) he may just attack anyone in a 'do as much damage as I can before they kill me' move.

« Reply #2046 on: August 10, 2017, 12:54:18 PM »
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Rama Set

« Reply #2047 on: August 10, 2017, 01:10:45 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/08/10/in-a-new-poll-half-of-republicans-say-they-would-support-postponing-the-2020-election-if-trump-proposed-it/

do you want ants a dictator?  because that's how you get ants a dictator.

I am not super-familiar with constitutional law surrounding elections.  Is there any mechanism by which this can be done legally?

« Reply #2048 on: August 10, 2017, 01:13:43 PM »
I am not super-familiar with constitutional law surrounding elections.  Is there any mechanism by which this can be done legally?

i think it would take a constitutional amendment, but i'm not sure
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: August 10, 2017, 02:07:05 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/08/10/in-a-new-poll-half-of-republicans-say-they-would-support-postponing-the-2020-election-if-trump-proposed-it/

Eh...its an iffy poll with a low sample size and pool.

I'd wager the actual number is much lower.  Maybe 10-20% of republicans.  Still enough to take over the country

« Reply #2050 on: August 10, 2017, 02:14:16 PM »
I'd wager the actual number is much lower.

oh, for sure.  none of the republicans i know would support a delayed election, so it's tough for me to buy the 50% figure.  plus there's a zero percent chance that establishment republicans would ever back such a thing.

lol but that won't stop me from being smug.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: August 10, 2017, 03:55:11 PM »

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why our founding fathers set this up as a representative democracy. 

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: August 10, 2017, 07:59:30 PM »
https://apnews.com/8587e83c9de342b08e0b65bc5562e664

Trump is literally pissing off a Nuclear nation while on vacation.  Where this Obama, Fox would be bitching about how Obama is taking a vacation while such a crisis exists.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: August 10, 2017, 08:36:16 PM »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-again-pushes-mitch-mcconnell-to-pass-health-care-legislation/

And his own senate.

"Mitch, get back to work and put Repeal & Replace, Tax Reform & Cuts and a great Infrastructure Bill on my desk for signing. You can do it!" Said the president on Vacation.

Also, blaming the senate when he claims to be the great deal maker is like a master baker blaming his assistant for not having a good cake made.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: August 10, 2017, 08:49:50 PM »

Trump is literally pissing off a Nuclear nation while on vacation.  Where this Obama, Fox would be bitching about how Obama is taking a vacation while such a crisis exists.

Well sure, Fox gonna Fox. It's not like there's any expectation of objectivity from them; they're a propaganda machine, not a legitimate news channel.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: August 11, 2017, 04:30:30 AM »

Well sure, Fox gonna Fox. It's not like there's any expectation of objectivity from them; they're a propaganda machine, not a legitimate news channel.

What about the common man?  The meme machines, the trolls on Facebook?

Also: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/10/trump-thanks-vladimir-putin-diplomats-241498

World War 3 will be Trump vs the world.  Not The USA, just Trump.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile

« Reply #2057 on: August 12, 2017, 10:33:48 PM »
listening to trump try to condemn the charlottesville violence without offending white nationalists would be p funny if it weren't so pathetic

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: August 13, 2017, 04:58:25 AM »
listening to trump try to condemn the charlottesville violence without offending white nationalists would be p funny if it weren't so pathetic

Yep.  A tweet is all we'll get.

« Reply #2059 on: August 13, 2017, 12:24:21 PM »
Yep.  A tweet is all we'll get.

i love the sly implication that leftist protestors killed a police officer.