Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Request for questions: Steven Smith/KISS radio
« on: January 30, 2020, 12:27:26 PM »
Hi all,

KISS, a UK radio station, reached out to us via Twitter. They will be talking to former NASA astronaut Steven Smith tomorrow, and they were wondering if we might have any questions for him.

I offered to open the floor to our regulars (RE'ers and FE'ers alike), so here it is. If you have any questions for Steven, please post them here and I'll provide the station with a link to this thread.

Please note that my role in all this is very limited - I was asked if we may have any questions, so I've facilitated a platform through which we can ask them. I will not be involved in any selection of questions, nor can I promise that this thread won't be entirely ignored. Hopefully it will result in an interesting exchange.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Request for questions: Steven Smith/KISS radio
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 06:26:43 PM »
The question on my mind is, what are these weird hand signals that the astronauts seem to like to flash at each other?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 06:29:26 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 06:43:44 PM »
I, too, have a question, though I'll try to keep mine more neutral.

There is a common argument among some of the more passionate Round Earthers which goes along the lines of "I went on a commercial flight and clearly saw the curvature of the Earth from its cruising altitude". To my understanding, regardless of the Earth's shape, that claim is very tenuous. Assuming a round Earth, you shouldn't be able to see curvature from such low altitudes.

My question to Steven is: in your experience, is there an altitude at which the curvature becomes readily apparent to the naked eye? Could you provide a rough estimate?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 09:54:46 PM »
Other questions:

Q. Does being an astronaut require a security clearance?

Q. I have heard that many astronauts were freemasons. Are you a mason? Were other shuttle astronauts masons?

Q. When you looked out at the Earth, could you actually see it curving in three dimensions, or is there only a two dimensional curve on the horizon? Did you see an arc of a circle, or is it possible that it was elliptical curvature?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:41:30 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 03:14:55 AM »
Is the King James Bible the Word of God to you?

Do you believe in the Big Bang theory along with evolution ?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline RoundLurker

• Lurking since early 2018.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 10:28:47 AM »
How does it make you feel that a growing population of the planet consider your passion and your life's work to be a complete sham?
The person in my avatar does not exist, and that's unsettling.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 11:55:50 AM »
How does it make you feel that a growing population of the planet consider your passion and your life's work to be a complete sham?
This is a good question because it is eating Buzz Aldrin from the inside out.

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline RoundLurker

• Lurking since early 2018.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 03:51:03 PM »
This is a good question because it is eating Buzz Aldrin from the inside out.
Well aren't you sweet.
The person in my avatar does not exist, and that's unsettling.

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »
Hi all,

KISS, a UK radio station, reached out to us via Twitter. They will be talking to former NASA astronaut Steven Smith tomorrow, and they were wondering if we might have any questions for him.

I offered to open the floor to our regulars (RE'ers and FE'ers alike), so here it is. If you have any questions for Steven, please post them here and I'll provide the station with a link to this thread.

Please note that my role in all this is very limited - I was asked if we may have any questions, so I've facilitated a platform through which we can ask them. I will not be involved in any selection of questions, nor can I promise that this thread won't be entirely ignored. Hopefully it will result in an interesting exchange.

Are you aware of the biblical scriptures that say the earth does not move? If the bible is the infallible word of God and the earth does not move what explains the rising and setting of the sun?

In the bible the Sun and Moon stopped moving in the sky. If the movement of the sun across the sky is caused by the earth rotating about 1000 miles per hour.

If this is true then the earth went from traveling 1000 miles per hour to a complete stop without any evidence of that happening.

If the movement of the sun and the earth was not caused by the earth spinning would those biblical observations be more possible.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 01:36:40 AM »
So did he address any questions?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 10:49:53 PM »
Did anyone hear it? I looked on the Kiss website beforehand, and there was no mention of it, only music shows.

No way was I tuning in for a whole day on the off-chance, so ...
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 10:11:06 AM »
I'm guessing this happened on the 6th of February () or 4th of February (), neither of which is the date they gave me.

It's almost as if they didn't want us tuning in. Almost.

The 6th seems more likely. I might try to find a recording, and I'll reach out to KISS to see if they could help, but I'm not holding my breath.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 10:13:03 AM by Pete Svarrior »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 06:04:07 PM »
They seem to have a recording up from the KISS Breakfast on the 6th: https://planetradio.co.uk/kiss/shows/kiss-breakfast-with-tom-daisy/

Unfortunately it requires someone who lives in the UK for access. It also appears that these recordings get deleted after about 6 days, and this one is up for deletion today.

Who lives in the UK?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 06:08:15 PM »
They seem to have a recording up from the KISS Breakfast on the 6th: https://planetradio.co.uk/kiss/shows/kiss-breakfast-with-tom-daisy/

Unfortunately it requires someone who lives in the UK for access. It also appears that these recordings get deleted after about 6 days, and this one is up for deletion today.

Who lives in the UK?

Me.

I've just skipped through every 30s skip point of the show, and it is, as described "Non-Stop Old Skool & Anthems" aka a big load of dingo's kidneys, interspersed with adverts.

If there's a Q&A with an astronaut, it lasts less than 30s and is somewhere inbetween the points I scanned, so I'd suggest it ain't there.....

Above and beyond the call of duty, I calls it.

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2020, 06:25:52 PM »
You listened to a show with "Old School and Anthems"?

Is looks like there are two breakfast shows. KISS Breakfast and KISSTORY Breakfast

https://planetradio.co.uk/kiss/schedule/

Is it possible that you listened to the KISSTORY Breakfast which is described as "Non Stop Old Skool & Anthems for breakfast on KISSTORY from KISS!"? The astronaut interview would probably have been on the one described as "Tom & Daisy kickstart your day with the BIGGEST tunes, favourite celeb guests, and chances to win BIG! Get your morning shouts in @kissfmuk #KISSBreakfast"

The Tom and Daisy recording from the 6th is not linked from the schedule page, but appears to be online here: https://planetradio.co.uk/kiss/shows/kiss-breakfast-with-tom-daisy/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 06:33:55 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 06:33:36 PM »
This is what I get for being an analogue traditionalist, and expecting a "radio" station to broadcast one programme at a time...

Oh, well; 4 hours of breakfast with Tom and Daisy. Here goes ...

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 07:01:45 PM »
Two questions from the presenters to SS at 2h38m approx through 2h40m15s. No apparent fielding of questions from elsewhere.  Transcript to follow, but it's hardly worth it.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 09:45:18 PM »
I got the impression this was an excerpt from an earlier, longer interview, there were basically two questions;

Tom : How long do you think it will be before we have contact with aliens, or do you think we've already had contact?

Daisy (not really a question, but...)   : this is a big one - a lot of my life decisions are based on this; "ancient aliens came down from space, and built the pyramids.

Does anyone want or need to know the answers?

Nearly?