Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
I like how Western media consistently portrayed Russia as being able to do things like invade both of America's coasts or burn down the White House. Then, as it turns out, Russia has trouble holding cities mere kilometers from their own border. When Obama called Russia a "regional power" in 2014, he was mocked for underestimating Russia. Now, in hindsight, we can only conclude that he was vastly overestimating them instead.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
I like how Western media consistently portrayed Russia as being able to do things like invade both of America's coasts or burn down the White House. Then, as it turns out, Russia has trouble holding cities mere kilometers from their own border. When Obama called Russia a "regional power" in 2014, he was mocked for underestimating Russia. Now, in hindsight, we can only conclude that he was vastly overestimating them instead.

Its not just western media.  Governments all over did.  Hell, Putin was probably told the same thing.

Russia is really good at propoganda, even against itself.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

It’s a bit of both though. They ostensibly have enough nukes to burn America down but then would take a few months to arrive in their rowboats.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
And for some reason a lot of Western pundits keep cowering in fear of Russia as if the last 9 months didn't happen.

It's like their minds are trapped in 1945.

Rama Set

And for some reason a lot of Western pundits keep cowering in fear of Russia as if the last 9 months didn't happen.

Incorrect.  Their minds are trapped in trying to own the Biden administration.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile

August 6, 1945 to be precise.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
Is Russia running out of their own conventional cruise missiles?
Depleted Russia removing nuclear warheads from old missiles to hit Ukraine – MoD
The strategy is ‘unlikely to achieve reliable effects’ and shows how Vladimir Putin’s forces are struggling, officials said.

Also, it looks like the Ukrainian civilians aren't the only ones in for a rough winter.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2022/11/27/russian-soldiers-are-freezing-to-death-in-eastern-ukraine/

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
It became obvious that Russia was low on weapons when they started using S-300s as ground strike weapons.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
On the downside while they have resorted to s-300s they are nowhere near to running out of them.

Apparently Russia's military is configured to try to counter NATO air power.

Offline Action80

• View Profile

LOL!!! What a weak take...even Biden doesn't own the Biden administration.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

LOL!!! What a weak take...even Biden doesn't own the Biden administration.

k

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Dear NATO, please take your $60 barrel and purchase many blankets. You're about to go into deep Frosty the snowman state.

Very toasty here in the USA.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline markjo

• View Profile
Dear NATO, please take your $60 barrel and purchase many blankets. You're about to go into deep Frosty the snowman state.

Looks like Moscow needs to buy some blankets for their own troops.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1700543/Russia-Ukraine-war-winter-cyclone-freeze-equipment-uniforms-electricity-blackout-vn

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile

$60?
Closer to $85.
But thats Capitalism for ya. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile

$60?
Closer to $85.
But thats Capitalism for ya.

I think he's referring to this.  https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/russia-price-cap-is-dangerous-will-not-curb-demand-our-oil-2022-12-03/

tldr;

The G20(most of them) are requiring any ship or port owned by them or insured by them only transport Russian oil if it's price at $60.

Interesting plan.  We'll have to see what happens.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
Russian oil has more sulfer and less expensive vs sweet crude or West Texas Intermediate (WTI). refining process is more expensive. Russian oil is around $67 a barrel. They won't be selling for $60, maybe $90 soon?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline crutonius

• View Profile
Well if they want to use any port or vessel covered by this agreement then they'll have to.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
With the US budget exploding Ukraine is about to go bulletless soon. This peacekeeping mission is about over.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/12/ukrainians-real-trouble-bakhmut/

« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:45:10 PM by J-Man »

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
Well if they want to use any port or vessel covered by this agreement then they'll have to.

They have hundreds of ghost tankers to offload say in Saudi storage to only sell at a premium when oil get scarce soon. Poopy pants made a big mistake by shutting dwn pipelines and fracking. Were about to see the highest crude prices ever. He already drained the reserve. Were smoked soon.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile