Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
Re: Republicans take the house and senate.
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2018, 06:44:41 PM »
Don Lemon: We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men! Hmm ???

Navy Seal: I represent just one of the hundreds of thousands of white men who fought long and hard and sacrificed their lives for the freedoms and the equality we all enjoy.

NPC 1: But it was actually Democrats who were fighting and sacrificing even though they were called Republicans.  (Four legs good two legs better! I read it in my NPC history book!)

NPC 2: Technically Don Lemon wasn't criticizing white men

(In other news)

SNL: Ha ha ha! Look at that pirate looking guy. Yeah Yeah ... he says he lost an eye in the war or whatever! Ha ha ha!

Me: Pathetic!
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Rama Set

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2018, 07:17:12 PM »

NPC 2: Technically Don Lemon wasn't criticizing white men

Not what I said in the slightest.  He wasn't criticizing all white men, he was criticizing radicalized white men.  There is a difference, although I don't know what Don Lemon's demarcation is.  So perhaps instead of spamming shitty quotes and making ad hominem attacks you could try and, you know, say something valuable?

What Don Lemon said is not an attack on all white men, as the navy seal purported.  It may or may not be accurate to any degree, and that is the conversation worth having instead of just loling your way to ignorance and closed-mindedness.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2018, 09:22:17 PM »

NPC 1: But it was actually Democrats who were fighting and sacrificing even though they were called Republicans.  (Four legs good two legs better! I read it in my NPC history book!)
Not what I said Fake News.  The man clearly said conservative and meant Republicans but Republicans of that era were liberals.  They were closer to modern day Democrats.

So fuck off ya troll.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2018, 09:30:51 PM »

Not what I said Fake News.  The man clearly said conservative and meant Republicans but Republicans of that era were liberals.  They were closer to modern day Democrats.

So fuck off ya troll.

Democrats still want slaves though. That's not very  'liberal'.  ::) They just figured a neat way to score them where the slaves actually think they have it good

And Clinton true to democratic ideals ensured more Africans would be sold as slaves (just not in America)
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/11/27/clinton-ponders-2020-run-lets-not-forget-her-real-libya-scandal-glenn-reynolds-column/895853001/

"We came, we saw, he died", Sounds like the sort of immature, unhinged, undiplomatic, off the cuff shit we hear from Trump. But lets cheer Hillary when she says it!! YEAH!!

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2018, 09:38:51 PM »
So fuck off ya troll.

It's still PR&S, Dave. Keep it together, please. Warned.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2018, 09:42:36 PM »

the man clearly said conservative and meant Republicans but Republicans of that era were liberals
QED
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2018, 09:49:43 PM »
So fuck off ya troll.

Honestly?  I'm not sure I can.  I feel like I'm unable to communicate.  Like what I write doesn't actually mean what I think it does.  Or that I'm losing my ability to form rational thoughts.  I'm the liberal Thork for God's sake.  If that's not a reason to seek help, what is?

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2018, 09:53:50 PM »
So fuck off ya troll.

Honestly?  I'm not sure I can.  I feel like I'm unable to communicate.  Like what I write doesn't actually mean what I think it does.  Or that I'm losing my ability to form rational thoughts.  I'm the liberal Thork for God's sake.  If that's not a reason to seek help, what is?

Nah, you do fine. The thoughts may not always come across as clear as you might imagine, but anyone who spends a few seconds will understand. I have had no problem understanding your intent, and in many places I agree with the outcome even if not the steps taken to get there (along with the ideology). Just be yourself, it's all good.

« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2018, 11:42:05 PM »
After surviving three wars, a gunshot wound, a near fatal drowning, a failed parachute, Taliban ambushes, ISIS snipers, mortars, mine-fields, suicide bombers and laying down my life for the cause of freedom while fighting shoulder-to-shoulder with my brother Arabs, Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Animists, and Atheists, I have now returned home to the USA where a CNN host has labeled me as a radicalized right wing terrorist simply because of my gender and the color of my skin.

That's literally not what Don Lemon said.
I represent just one of the hundreds of thousands of conservative white men who have fought to preserve freedom in this great Nation and in other nations. My forefathers are the 3% who founded this Republic against the might of the British Army. It was white Conservative men who died by the tens of thousands after charging into our southern states to free our black brothers from the slavery.

I feel like I'm unable to communicate.  Like what I write doesn't actually mean what I think it does.  Or that I'm losing my ability to form rational thoughts.

>Being on the far left in 2018.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:44:32 PM by disputeone »

« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2018, 11:46:16 PM »
What Don Lemon said is not an attack on all white men.

White men are our biggest threat.

What Adolf Hitler said is not an attack on all Jewish men.

Jewish men are our biggest threat.

>Your brain on marxism.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:00:56 AM by disputeone »

Rama Set

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2018, 11:55:07 PM »

[radicalized] White men are our biggest threat.

Fixed that for you so its actually what he said.

Jewish men are our biggest threat.

>Your brain on marxism.

This statement is idiotic.

If you want your point of view to get any kind of traction, you should probably deal with facts and reality, because the cherry-picking and ad homs are only going to make tribalism in your country worse and you will be as much to blame for that as the far left is.

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2018, 12:01:05 AM »

[radicalized] White men are our biggest threat.

Fixed that for you so its actually what he said.

[Communist] Jewish men are our biggest threat.

>Your brain on marxism.

This statement is idiotic.

If you want your point of view to get any kind of traction, you should probably deal with facts and reality, because the cherry-picking and ad homs are only going to make tribalism in your country worse and you will be as much to blame for that as the far left is.

Addressed here.
The whole quote is a gold standard in hypocrisy actually.

Not what I said in the slightest.  Hitler wasn't criticizing all jews, he was criticizing international capitalist and communist jews. There is a difference, although I don't know what Hitlers demarcation is.  So perhaps instead of spamming shitty quotes and making ad hominem attacks you could try and, you know, say something valuable?

What Hitler said is not an attack on all Jews, as the navy seal purported.  It may or may not be accurate to any degree, and that is the conversation worth having instead of just loling your way to ignorance and closed-mindedness.

Dude you gotta chill.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:03:21 AM by disputeone »

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2018, 12:10:39 AM »
It's funny how replacing the word "White" with "Jewish" changes things. Isn't it?

Why?

Is it context?

Rama Set

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2018, 12:25:42 AM »
It's funny how replacing the word "White" with "Jewish" changes things. Isn't it?

Why?

Is it context?

Yeah context matters for sure. Something you seem tone deaf to. I don’t like what Don Lemon said, but I also have enough critical faculty to see that the crux of the matter is to determine what is meant by “radicalized”. Is it anyone who thinks it’s ok to be white, like you and I? If so, then yeah Don Lemon is putting out some scary propaganda. If he means people like the skinheads in Charlottesville, then it’s a different thing. I’d still disagree with him because I think radicals, full stop, are dangerous and that singling our white people would take a lot more justification.

Going full Godwin’s law on me doesn’t make you look smart of insightful though. At least not to me and probably not to many others other than those who already agree with you. If that’s all you care about, then bully for you, but if you want to make the world better you should care about more than high-giving Boots.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 12:29:38 AM by Rama Set »

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2018, 12:33:33 AM »

Why?

Is it context?

Yeah context matters for sure. Something you seem tone deaf to. I don’t like what Don Lemon said, but I also have enough critical faculty to see that the crux of the matter is to determine what is meant by “radicalized”. Is it anyone who thinks it’s ok to be white, like you and I? If so, then yeah Don Lemon is putting out some scary propaganda. If he means people like the skinheads in Charlottesville, then it’s a different thing. I’d still disagree with him because I think radicals, full stop, are dangerous and that singling our white people would take a lot more justification.

Going full Godwin’s law on me doesn’t make you look smart of insightful though. At least not to me and probably not to many others other than those who already agree with you. If that’s all you care about, then bully for you, but if you want to make the world better you should care about more than high-giving Boots.

You do realise it's not the colour of the skinheads skin that makes them a dick, but that they are simply dicks right? Skin colour has ZERO to do with the quality of someone character. People should stop labeling and boxing people based on their appearance and do it more on their behaviour

Also, Boots is awesome

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2018, 12:45:25 AM »
Guys, this isn't AR or CN. Keep the posts on-topic, and refrain from personal attacks (also please include something more than a video if you are going to post).

Friendly reminder, warnings come next.

Rama Set

« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2018, 01:04:36 AM »

Why?

Is it context?

You do realise it's not the colour of the skinheads skin that makes them a dick, but that they are simply dicks right? Skin colour has ZERO to do with the quality of someone character. People should stop labeling and boxing people based on their appearance and do it more on their behaviour

Yes, I know. I was looking at Senor Lemon’s comments on their own merits and what it might take for him to have a leg to stand on (I don’t think he does). I just don’t think it’s useful to run around saying that he is literally Hitler because it doesn’t advance the conversation in the slightest.

Also, Boots is awesome

Yeah maybe. I don’t know really. I just chose him because I know Disputeone and him are brethren.

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2018, 01:07:29 AM »

Why?

Is it context?

Yeah context matters for sure.

I'm done here. Sorry man I just cant, you are just being racist.

Equality
mass noun The state of being equal, especially in status, rights, or opportunities.
‘an organization aiming to promote racial equality’

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2018, 01:10:33 AM »
Yeah maybe. I don’t know really. I just chose him because I know Disputeone and him are brethren.

Lol Boots isn't even on speaking terms with me. I don't mind him, I'm glad hes standing up for what he believes now. I used to feel like he self censored. Don't judge people by your assumptions.

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2018, 01:52:00 AM »
Here's another, why did no congressmen actually change their political parties during the supposed party platform switch? Surely, everyone would have magically swapped sides?

How can you still believe "political parties magically swapped and that's why anything bad that the Democrats did wasn't actually us".

Was McCarthy actually a Democrat, then? Good, because you can have him.
So, if we're going to talk about political parties throughout history, it is important to contextualize for era. There's no sudden "platform switch" where the two parties meet in a smoky room and decide to swap stances. Hell, that's not really how political parties work. Think more "loose ideological alignment" and less "set of firm stances and policies". Generally, we break the history of US political parties into six different eras. See below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Party_System
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Party_System
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Party_System
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Party_System
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Party_System
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_Party_System
You don't think I'm going to post here sober, do you?  ???

I have embraced my Benny Franko side. I'm sleazy.