Offline jcks

• View Profile
Space travel conspiracy
« on: April 29, 2018, 01:59:40 PM »
So it seems I've misunderstood the NASA conspiracy on the wiki.

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy

This is actually talking about a conspiracy revolving around space travel and provides "evidence" why it is a hoax.

My question to FE: why do you believe space travel is impossible? Why couldn't the current concept of rockets work?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: Space travel conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 02:14:15 PM »
The evidence for the 'conspiracy' comes under five headings;
2.1   Project Apollo
2.2   Mars Missions
2.3   Cassini Saturn Mission
2.4   International Space Station
2.5   Chinese Space Hoax

Contributions by SpaceX, India, Russia/Soviet Union, Europe, and others are apparently ignored, even though Russia notched up the first;

Orbital satellite
Animal in space
Man and woman in space ...

It also seems to focus on NASA, but the next dozen launches, according to spaceflightnow.com, are;

Chinese
Chinese
United Launch Alliance for NASA
SpaceX
New Zealand (Rocket Lab Electron)
SpaceX for Iridium
Orbital ATK Antares for NASA
China
SpaceX for SES of Luxembourg
SpaceX Falcon for Telesat of Canada
India GSAT 29 communications satellite
Russian Soyuz crewed mission to ISS

Not a lot of NASA in there....

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline jcks

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 02:29:53 PM »
It's hard taking evidence like this seriously that is devoid of any facts and just relies on opinions.

https://wiki.tfes.org/A_Close_Look_at_the_Lunar_Lander

Not to mention some of the links to sources on the page are no longer available.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 02:46:09 PM »
It's hard taking evidence like this seriously that is devoid of any facts and just relies on opinions.

https://wiki.tfes.org/A_Close_Look_at_the_Lunar_Lander

Not to mention some of the links to sources on the page are no longer available.

Exactly. The "hostile environment of the moon's surface" was a vacuum, nothing else.

Here's the pressure vessel viewed toward the top of the vehicle, showing the docking hatch which connected to the Command Module, and the rectangular window for viewing the docking aid. The windows and hatch used for entry and exit on the Moon are hidden, and are to the top of the assembly.

(https://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/misc/apmisc-LM-noID-05.jpg )

Here's the view from the rear once most/all of the ancillary 'stuff' has been bolted onto the side of the pressure vessel. This includes various tanks, and the electrical/system panel (to the left in this photo). The CM hatch is to the top, and lunar hatch hidden to the right.

(https://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/alsj/misc/apmisc-LM-noID-16.jpg)

The ancillaries did not need to be pressurised, just needed a basic covering. There was no wind, weather, or other atmospherics to cope with.

As you can see, we have pictures noID-05 and noID-16 here - change the URL manually in your browser bar, and you can see a host
of others, from 02 to nn.

02 shows the intermediate stage of foil wrap
03 shows a tech working on the rear section, with CM hatch to the top
04 shows the descent stage
05 is referenced above
06 shows the descent stage from below
07 shows the ascent and descent stages together
08 shows both stages from the side, lunar hatch to the right
09 shows ascent stage with lunar hatch to front right
10 shows ascent stage with lunar hatch to the front, and some ancillaries attached
11 shows ascent stage from below with lunar hatch front left
12 shows ascent and descent stage with some ancillaries
13 shows 'naked' ascent and descent stages
14 shows descent stage
15 shows descent stage
16 is referenced above
17 shows transport of LM
18 shows rear of ascent stage with ancillaries, especially the electrical panel
19 shows the ascent stage with lunar hatch to the front
20 shows ascent stage from rear left with ancillaries
21 shows descent stage
22 shows transport of LM
23 shows ascent stage with ancillaries, lunar hatch front right
24 shows the fairing to go around the LM on the Saturn V
25 shows an almost-complete ascent stage, lunar hatch to the left
26 shows the pressure vessel atop the descent stage skeleton
27 shows almost-complete ascent and descent stage from the rear
28 shows almost-complete ascent and descent stage from the side, lunar hatch to the left

etc
etc
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:51:27 PM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Offline Westprog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 10:10:22 PM »

The absurdity of this is that I've done some minor work on the space programme myself, in a very peripheral way. Many years ago I helped install a computer system at the European Space Tribology Laboratory, in Hull. The whole thing might have been set up as a big fraud, but it shows me how absurd it is to suppose that these things are all a big front. I walked through the clean room looking at tests of hinges and catches designed to operate in a vacuum.

I recognise that people with The True Faith will never believe in this. They'll either believe that I'm making it up or that I was deceived. It requires a special kind of mind to think like that, though.

Treep Ravisarras

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 11:22:22 AM »
Thank you yes, added to list of publicly faking space travel.

My question to FE: why do you believe space travel is impossible? Why couldn't the current concept of rockets work?
Some say it's the dome, but only few FE say that. It's maybe not so much that FE don't accept is, but an explanation has to be seen, observed to be accepted as truth. Since we cannot see a rocket from earth, or see earth from space, sometimes better to leave subject as unknown. Always accept the possibility that might be mistaken though. Likewise we cannot see round earth from where we stand. So flat it is. Other FE-ers can maybe explain better than me.

Offline jcks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 11:43:59 AM »
Thank you yes, added to list of publicly faking space travel.

Some say it's the dome, but only few FE say that. It's maybe not so much that FE don't accept is, but an explanation has to be seen, observed to be accepted as truth. Since we cannot see a rocket from earth, or see earth from space, sometimes better to leave subject as unknown. Always accept the possibility that might be mistaken though. Likewise we cannot see round earth from where we stand. So flat it is. Other FE-ers can maybe explain better than me.

So all it would take for you to believe is a trip to space? Honestly that's a lot more reasonable than others here. I feel like even if we were to send them to space they would deny what their own eyes are showing them.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 01:08:15 PM »
It's maybe not so much that FE don't accept is, but an explanation has to be seen, observed to be accepted as truth.

How many FEers here have actually seen and observed the experiments they quote from ENaG?

Since we cannot see a rocket from earth,

Disagree on that

or see earth from space,

Disagree on that, too

Always accept the possibility that might be mistaken though.

Don't see much evidence of that when citing ENaG as gospel, though...

Nearly?

Offline Westprog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 01:31:24 PM »
Since we cannot see a rocket from earth,

It's possible to see rockets being launched, and going up into the sky until they disappear from view. It's possible to find satellites in the sky and see them passing overhead. It's possible to point a commercially-available device at a satellite, and pick up a signal from it. I'm not sure what else could be provided as evidence.

Offline ShowmetheProof

• We are fellow scientists, and should act as such.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2018, 12:53:22 PM »
It is possible to see a rocket being launched, as Westprog said.  In fact, I have seen one.  I was at a soccer practice near Richmond, VA, when the Antares(I believe that was its name) rocket blew up.  We didn't see all of it, as Henrico is far away from the Chesapeake, but we saw a strange tinge of color in the sky.  My friend and me looked up when it had blown up, and it matched up with when we saw the strange tinges of colors.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2018, 01:18:21 PM »
I saw a shuttle launch one time, just happened to be in Florida on holiday at the right time.
Was absolutely amazing.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tontogary

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2018, 02:13:02 PM »
I saw a shuttle launch once when i was at sea off the Florida coast, as All around the world said, Amazing.

I have also seen rockets being tested in the sky off Long beach, there is a large are of the ocean off Los Angeles/Long Beach reaching out to sea a few hundred miles where there are warnings given when some of these tests are being done. I have seen at night the trails etc of ballistic missile tests.

I have also seen the red try of satellites, and space Junk, very different from meteors, much slower, and you can sometimes see them breaking up.

So how does FE theory explain meteors, and satellite retry glows, and the clear break up witnessed of Challenger?

Weather balloons? Or some other “unexplained” phenomena?

Also, if you haven't heard of bronies before, that reflects poorly on your understanding of the world that surrounds you. It's practically impossible not to know about them.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »
I saw a shuttle launch once when i was at sea off the Florida coast, as All around the world said, Amazing.

You might appreciate;

Nearly?

Offline Westprog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2018, 03:37:12 PM »
I saw a shuttle launch one time, just happened to be in Florida on holiday at the right time.
Was absolutely amazing.

This is another opportunity for a flat Earth advocate to debunk space travel. Find out when a launch is planned, then go along to see exactly what is really happening.

Offline jimbob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 07:03:07 PM »
Was absolutely amazing.

This is another opportunity for a flat Earth advocate to debunk space travel. Find out when a launch is planned, then go along to see exactly what is really happening.
I did mention that my neighbour and Tim Peake and his wife Rebecca(the british astronaught) are friends (my neighbour actually out ranks Tim). He showed me the picture taken from the ISS window by Tim. Neither of them are in on the conspiracy so how did Tim spend around 6 months on the ISS in zero g without knowing he was on earth and it was all a charade? No one could have tricked him like that.