Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #1020 on: March 24, 2017, 02:42:25 AM »
Anyway, on the lighter side of Trump news:
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/donald-trump-and-first-lady-melania-keep-separate-bedrooms-w473116

Of course it's Us Weekly so who knows if it's really true?  It's plausible; don't you think you'd be miserable if you were Melania?  Would you want to sleep in the same bed as a shriveled old troll like Donald?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 24, 2017, 05:29:36 AM »
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/donald-trump-and-first-lady-melania-keep-separate-bedrooms-w473116

Of course it's Us Weekly so who knows if it's really true?  It's plausible; don't you think you'd be miserable if you were Melania?  Would you want to sleep in the same bed as a shriveled old troll like Donald?

Considering she's in NYC 90% of the time, I wouldn't be surprised.  I also wouldn't be surprised if she was just a trophy wife.  I mean, can't imagine Trump has much of a libedo anymore.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 24, 2017, 07:59:05 AM »

That doesn't make any sense. Trump is a billionaire. Why would he keep her around and stand for that? He would just replace her like he has done with past wives.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 24, 2017, 10:07:57 AM »
I also wouldn't be surprised if she was just a trophy wife.

???

Of course she's a trophy wife.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #1024 on: March 24, 2017, 08:24:03 PM »
Apparently the master deal maker can't get a repeal and replace bill passed when he controls both houses of Congress and the Republicans have had seven years to come up with something.

Rama Set

« Reply #1025 on: March 24, 2017, 09:00:24 PM »
That doesn't make any sense. Trump is a billionaire. Why would he keep her around and stand for that? He would just replace her like he has done with past wives.

Maybe he is actually aware that he is a fat, orange misanthrope and knows this is as good as it gets? Also, just because they sleep in different beds doesn't mean he doesn't pop blue diamonds and get busy on occasion.

On a separate note, let's assume Melania never touches him and spends all his money.  Why would being a billionaire mean you can't be taken advantage of?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 24, 2017, 09:07:07 PM »
Apparently the master deal maker can't get a repeal and replace bill passed when he controls both houses of Congress and the Republicans have had seven years to come up with something.

This.
Pure fucking irony.  Like a dog who caught a car, the GOP doesn't know what to do.  So much smoke has been blown up all our asses and now, when they actually have to deliver, they fail.

7 years of wasted time.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #1027 on: March 24, 2017, 10:14:38 PM »
They probably never thought they would be in this position and like most people don't prepare a ton for the future. And who knows how well they could have prepped for these sub-caucuses that aren't willing to compromise at all?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 24, 2017, 10:48:29 PM »
Maybe he is actually aware that he is a fat, orange misanthrope and knows this is as good as it gets? Also, just because they sleep in different beds doesn't mean he doesn't pop blue diamonds and get busy on occasion.

On a separate note, let's assume Melania never touches him and spends all his money.  Why would being a billionaire mean you can't be taken advantage of?

If Trump and his wife are not regularly sleeping together that is Trump's choice, not hers.

« Reply #1029 on: March 24, 2017, 11:56:19 PM »
If Trump and his wife are not regularly sleeping together that is Trump's choice, not hers.

This statement is almost as dumb and misguided as "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated."

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 25, 2017, 02:21:40 AM »

This statement is almost as dumb and misguided as "Nobody knew health care could be so complicated."

How so? Trump has replaced wives before when he was not satisfied with them.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 25, 2017, 05:36:04 AM »

I gotta agree with Tom on this one.

Trump is clearly the boss of the family and if he wanted to sleep together, he would not take no for an answer.

It could be he doesn't care either way but thats about it.

Rama Set

« Reply #1032 on: March 25, 2017, 11:15:29 AM »
How so? Trump has replaced wives before when he was not satisfied with them.

Maybe Melania is different than the others?  Maybe she is better at manipulating him?  To dismiss it out of hand is not very smart and totally in character for you.

I gotta agree with Tom on this one.

Trump is clearly the boss of the family and if he wanted to sleep together, he would not take no for an answer.

It could be he doesn't care either way but thats about it.

Why "clearly"?  Because reasons?  Powerful men being dominated in the bedroom is a common trope and there is no reason to think that Melania might put a diaper on him, pee on him, then do ball torture.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 25, 2017, 12:09:13 PM »
Maybe Melania is different than the others?  Maybe she is better at manipulating him?  To dismiss it out of hand is not very smart and totally in character for you.
Previous media analyses of their interactions (e.g. during Trump's inauguration) seemed to agree with Tom's suggestions.

I don't think the mainstream media would avoid jumping on the idea that Trump is being manipulated by his wife if there was even a shred of evidence to suggest it. (cf. "Is Trump afraid of stairs?!")
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #1034 on: March 25, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »
Previous media analyses of their interactions (e.g. during Trump's inauguration) seemed to agree with Tom's suggestions.

I don't think the mainstream media would avoid jumping on the idea that Trump is being manipulated by his wife if there was even a shred of evidence to suggest it. (cf. "Is Trump afraid of stairs?!")

Fair enough. Even conceding that, maybe Trump wants the separate beds because sleeping with someone else is not always conducive to a good nights sleep.

I am not conceding that Trump may enjoy ball-torture.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: March 25, 2017, 03:17:22 PM »
The current state of the Trumps' marriage is most likely due to a lot of factors. Donald's age is probably part of it, him being a frightful-looking orange goblin is probably part of it, the fact that there was almost certainly no real love between them to begin with is probably part of it, etc. Neither of the two extremes ("Trump is a cuck and can't get laid, sad!" vs. "Trump gets sex whenever he wants, however he wants!") feel right to me.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

« Reply #1036 on: March 25, 2017, 06:18:58 PM »
The current state of the Trumps' marriage is most likely due to a lot of factors. Donald's age is probably part of it, him being a frightful-looking orange goblin is probably part of it, the fact that there was almost certainly no real love between them to begin with is probably part of it, etc. Neither of the two extremes ("Trump is a cuck and can't get laid, sad!" vs. "Trump gets sex whenever he wants, however he wants!") feel right to me.

No Honk! You have to be on one side or the other, damn it!

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 25, 2017, 06:52:31 PM »
Why "clearly"?  Because reasons?  Powerful men being dominated in the bedroom is a common trope and there is no reason to think that Melania might put a diaper on him, pee on him, then do ball torture.
Because he doesn't compromise.
And given the history of his ex-wives, wants to do what he wants to do.  I mean, just look at how Melinda is not taking the whole first wife thing?  It's pretty clear she didn't want him to run (or win) but he did both.  He's the boss.

That being said, I think she's good at manipulating him to do what she wants, like stay in New York.

So my point is that:
If this was something Trump did not want, he would not have allowed it.  But he either doesn't care or is convinced this is for the best.

Rama Set

« Reply #1038 on: March 25, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »
He absolutely compromises. Why would you say he never compromises?  He did on the travel ban, he did on the healthcare bill, you can go on and on... Look at his actions, not what he says.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 25, 2017, 07:23:50 PM »
He absolutely compromises. Why would you say he never compromises?  He did on the travel ban, he did on the healthcare bill, you can go on and on... Look at his actions, not what he says.
But he didn't do it by choice. 
(Also the healthcare bill that got curb stomped?)

His wife's sleeping arrangements?  Totally his choice.