Conventional Medicine
6 (66.7%)
Alternative Medicine
2 (22.2%)
Other (list in comments)
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Offline TrueRoundEarther

• Four numbers of the back of your credit card?
    • View Profile
Re: Conventional Medicine V.S Alternative Medicine
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2020, 09:25:02 PM »
I worked in a supplement store a long time ago and people would come in with cancer asking what would cure them. I always told them to leave and ask their doctor. I’m wasn’t about to sell someone some cockamamie onion pills or whatever the fuck else and give them false hope just to make more money. Medicine is what has been clinically proven to work. Everything else may as well be garbage until proven otherwise. There is no “alternative” medicine.

I have one at my store and some of the supplements I see are just a scam, with low effectiveness and high prices. I'd say the only real beneficial supplement would by the Omega 3 but the other ones are pretty garbage. What's even worse is the people who work there are really nice people; they just have been misinformed to believe that modern medicine is dangerous.
"Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature. "

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
Re: Conventional Medicine V.S Alternative Medicine
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 01:07:59 PM »
I don't tell people to do anything themselves about their cancer. If anything at all, I am encouraging people to treat disease with a naturopathic doctor. It is very possible that a nauturopathic doctor will advise only chemotherapy in some cases. You need to talk to a medical professional about it. They can also order the tests you need to check progress and can't get on your own.

Post the part where I told people to self treat for cancer.

You saw that disclaimer and ignored it. You picked out a sentence and then added your own imagination that I meant to do it on your own rather than to do it with a professional.

Really? How about this, right before you spend pages and pages telling people how to perform various home cures.

There are certain people in the world who will tell you that cancer is terrible and impossible to cure without hundreds of thousands of dollars of state of the art medical care. I am here to tell you that this is false. Curing cancer is trivial. One does not need to consult an industry which profiteers off the backs of the dying. One merely needs to consult nature, which has already provided everything we need for our survival.

You are very clearly telling people that they do not need chemotherapy, surgery and hospitals to treat cancer. You said right there that is false. You said you do not need to consult with the evil medical industry. You said all you need is to consult nature, which in this case means eating garlic apparently, if mixed with hot peppers and eaten on bread.

You can put as many disclaimers as you want, but when you follow it up with pages and pages of discussion saying how licensed medical doctors are wrong and here are  bunch of things you can try at home, you can't go back and claim you aren't trying to convince people to self-treat instead of get real help.

Also be careful about telling people to go to a Naturopathic 'doctor'.  They are not licensed in all states and countries, and while some have real medical training, plenty of 'Naturopaths' have no actual medical credentials at all. Naturopaths, chiropractors, reflexologisists, they can all have some or no medical training.

Try to remember that most drugs come from nature. A huge part of drug research is looking for plants and natural substances that have positive effects, and then finding out why and how they work and how to make them safely. Where do you think we got aspirin? Not from a test tube. Drugs are just natural cures that have been proven to work. The difference between medicine and alternative medicine, is medicine works.

It takes a massive amount of testing to determine if a new compound is safe and effective. It's more complicated than just saying "Well this one guy took X and got better so it clearly must cure everyone!" Drug interactions are complex and hard to predict, you do NOT want to be taking random herbs if you're sick or being treated. People can and do die from that.

People should get medical advice from trained doctors, not random stuff they read on the internet.