Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1360 on: September 30, 2016, 02:53:28 PM »
I appreciate the hand waiving away of an assault victim. He deserved it because of what he was wearing, amirite? Gee, that sounds familiar.

If we are trying to point out retarded election shit on Reddit, I'd suggest also checking /r/politics

referring to the_donald as a performance art piece is hardly the same as saying that anyone deserves to be beaten for his or her political beliefs.  i obviously don't think that it's ever ok to hurt someone for his or her political beliefs (see: the extended discussion i had with rushy about why i don't think it's ever ok to hurt someone for his or her political beliefs).
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 01, 2016, 01:30:37 AM »
Might is Right, so this guy was obviously wrong.

The key is to hide your Trumpism until voting day and color that shit in or hit the button where no one can see. This guy didn't get the memo.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:32:21 AM by Rushy »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 01, 2016, 01:50:08 AM »
Might is Right, so this guy was obviously wrong.

The key is to hide your Trumpism until voting day and color that shit in or hit the button where no one can see. This guy didn't get the memo.

Brexit 2.0 incoming...

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 03, 2016, 12:15:25 AM »
Bernie Sanders said Hillary Clinton's assessment that his supporters were the "children of the recession" who live in their "parents' basement" is "absolutely correct" in an interview with George Stephanopoulos on Sunday's broadcast of ABC's This Week.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/10/02/sanders_clinton_absolutely_correct_when_she_said_my_supporters_are_living_in_their_parents_basement.html

lol

« Reply #1364 on: October 05, 2016, 12:53:39 AM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: October 05, 2016, 05:47:07 AM »
I welcome our time-traveling overlord Mike Pence.

No, just the gop.  Clearly they have a time machine.  Probably to fix the future, make right what will go wrong.

But seriously, if anyone thinks half the shit they read isn't prestaged, they're as delusional as a child on christmas thinking Santa came.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 06:36:20 AM by Lord Dave »
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #1366 on: October 05, 2016, 11:47:16 AM »
Watched the debate last night. Pence definitely seemed much more presidential than Tim Kaine, and I'd say he won the debate by remaining composed and collected. The problem is that Pence also seemed more presidential than his own running mate, and he seemed to be defending a version of Trump that only exists in Pence's head.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: October 05, 2016, 01:40:03 PM »
It almost felt like Kaine was trying to act like Trump. Maybe trying to see if they can pull support from him? I don't get what Kaine was trying to accomplish, really.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: October 06, 2016, 11:29:13 AM »
This is an interesting bit about Trump and Nevada.

Specifically this part:

“I really feel that not just Democrats, but the senior Republicans are all corrupt and not looking after the people anymore. I think Trump is doing that,” Reeves said. “I truly believe that man will put aside his greed as everyone does not believe — he’ll put aside his greed and work for this country.”

It's the delusions of desperation.  The people see him as some kind of savior.  Sure, let's say he can get China to stop devaluing it's currency.  All that means is that costs of goods will rise.  If he puts in a tariff large enough to matter, it'll raise goods again.

Maybe in 10 years, manufacturing jobs will be back here but that just means the cost of "Made in USA" goods are going to be as high as the cost of "Made in China".   It's what people don't realize: you can't have low skill jobs AND cheap products.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 07, 2016, 03:09:43 AM »
But seriously, if anyone thinks half the shit they read isn't prestaged, they're as delusional as a child on christmas thinking Santa came.

I second that. And it's been that way for decades. There's more truth and understanding of the current in a methodical search through old books than through current media.

One in particular seems especially relevant:  Rajani Palme Dutt's 1934 book on fascism states that social democracy is the twin of fascism. Both systems work for the same capitalist master. Weimar Germany, pre-Mussolini Italy, pre-Franco Spain, the U.S. and most western democracies are social democracies, or social fascist countries.  They become openly fascist when the capitalist rulers feel their power threatened. Both American political parties are social democratic. America and the other social democracies are the moderate wing of fascism.

Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 07, 2016, 03:16:49 AM »
I think that is imperative to recognize - although degrees of difference do exist within that framework. The Democrats policies are generally slightly less stupid and socially corrosive than those of the Republicans. Newspapers like the Wall Street Journal are generally more inimical to the masses than the New Republic, but they agree on certain essential areas. Both Clinton and Trump appear to be against immigrants and support the fascist American military and border patrols, etc.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 07, 2016, 05:03:20 AM »

I second that. And it's been that way for decades. There's more truth and understanding of the current in a methodical search through old books than through current media.

One in particular seems especially relevant:  Rajani Palme Dutt's 1934 book on fascism states that social democracy is the twin of fascism. Both systems work for the same capitalist master. Weimar Germany, pre-Mussolini Italy, pre-Franco Spain, the U.S. and most western democracies are social democracies, or social fascist countries.  They become openly fascist when the capitalist rulers feel their power threatened. Both American political parties are social democratic. America and the other social democracies are the moderate wing of fascism.

I disagree.  Old books show us nothing of greater value or truth.  Anyone can write a book and publish it, regardless of truth.  Worse yet, when all your facts flow from a limited source (books and news papers) its easier to control.

« Reply #1374 on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:27 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/us/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-muslim-ban.html

“Because that’s not Donald Trump’s position now.”

lol.
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: October 07, 2016, 02:17:08 PM »

« Reply #1376 on: October 07, 2016, 02:30:25 PM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/us/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-muslim-ban.html

“Because that’s not Donald Trump’s position now.”

lol.

That is fucking hilarious.

i'm increasingly convinced that the entire campaign is performance art.  and if it is, then it's utterly brilliant.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: October 07, 2016, 02:33:46 PM »
All politicians are actors, Trump just keeps changing his role.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: October 07, 2016, 03:35:49 PM »
http://news.groopspeak.com/breaking-megyn-kelly-is-supporting-hillary-clinton-for-president-civil-war-at-fox-news/

I like the video in this article.  Megyn Kelly says it like it is.  Sure she's Trump Bias but it's a thinly veiled bias.  Like she only does it to keep her job.  And of course the attack on mainstream media.  "fox exclusive" as that lawyer said.  Right...

Still, I can see why Megyn is so popular.  Granted, she talks over her guests but to be, it's clear she isn't going to play the "Conservatives are always good" game.  Hell, she complained that Trump doesn't go to interviews except with Sean Hannity, her co-host/coworker.

« Reply #1379 on: October 07, 2016, 03:50:11 PM »
All politicians are actors, Trump just keeps changing his role.

isn't trump supposed to be the paragon of honesty and telling it like it is and not being an actor/politician?  idgi.