Saddam Hussein

Re: Pandemic Alert!
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2014, 01:39:28 AM »
Can't we just stop flights coming in from West Africa or something for the time being?  It seems like a really, really obvious first step to take.

Offline Shane

• If you will it, it is no dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2014, 12:22:15 PM »
http://www.necn.com/news/health/Patient-Isolated-for-Ebola-Symptoms-in-Braintree-Mass-278946321.html

Ebola case in Braintree, Massachusetts. There was a comment that noted the name of the town in Stephen King's The Stand was Braintree, TX. So yeah, we're all dead. gg.

This city borders my city, so I might be the first of us to die.
Quote from: Rushy
How do you know you weren't literally given metaphorical wings?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2014, 02:49:58 PM »
Here is another thing to worry about: what if a middle-budgeted bioterrorist managed to get his hands on Ebola? Imagine waiting for this outbreak to die out (literally) and then just going bat hunting in west Africa? The virus replicates in bats naturally. Obtain a bunch of ebola-infected bats and then harvest the virus over time (proper medical storage methods can keep a virus intact for decades). Release it as an aerosol into highly populous city areas (e.g. subways) during flu season. "Uh oh, you have the flu? Go home, you'll be fine." dead a week later.

Just a few bucks in home lab equipment and a patient bioterrorist could kill thousands more people than the guy who knocked down the WTC ever dreamed of. Hell, I'm probably on some list just for saying this now.

Rama Set

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2014, 02:51:19 PM »
And this will be the last time the NSA lets Rushy post.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2014, 02:59:36 PM »
Even worse, it would be a completely silent terrorist attack. It takes on average 12 days for Ebola to show symptoms after you've contracted it. Imagine a compromised ventilation system infecting thousands of people, and you only find out it was a terrorist attack over a week later? Shit, you could infect half of New York City by the time anyone notices.

Thork

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2014, 03:59:34 PM »
And this will be the last time the NSA lets Rushy post.
We aren't that lucky. :(

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2014, 04:13:44 PM »
I'm starting to see lots of paranoid reports of people who think they have it but don't. Damnit, Channel 2 that is not news! I hate pandemic scares.

Thork

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2014, 04:17:26 PM »
The BBC today is comparing Ebola to the Spanish influenza outbreak after WW1. Ebola has killed less than 4000 people. Spanish Influenza killed over 50 million. The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. There is definitely some kind of 'city' conspiracy to get government money into the stock exchanges via pharmaceutical share prices and the like. I smell Goldman Sachs, the UN and other rich Jews.

Ghost of V

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2014, 04:55:30 PM »
On a scale of 1 to dead... how dead are we going to be in two months?

Thork

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2014, 05:00:44 PM »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2014, 05:49:04 PM »
The BBC today is comparing Ebola to the Spanish influenza outbreak after WW1. Ebola has killed less than 4000 people. Spanish Influenza killed over 50 million. The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. There is definitely some kind of 'city' conspiracy to get government money into the stock exchanges via pharmaceutical share prices and the like. I smell Goldman Sachs, the UN and other rich Jews.

This is called a "comfort conspiracy." You find the idea that "the Jews are doing this" more comforting than accepting the fact that people are panicky or the fact that this can be much worse than it currently is. Most NWO conspiracy believers like the idea that someone is in control, they just wish that person was doing something different. (e.g. "someone could easily make civilization better, they just don't want to" is more comforting to believe than "civilization is a chaotic mess and it always will be")
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:50:57 PM by Irushwithscvs »

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2014, 05:50:44 PM »
I'm starting to see lots of paranoid reports of people who think they have it but don't. Damnit, Channel 2 that is not news! I hate pandemic scares.
Did you see channel 5's story about the plane medical emergency?  "Ebola scare quarantines Nashville flight, person has no contact with ebola and there was no concern they had it, but ebola caused the quarantine anyway! "

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2014, 05:51:38 PM »
Nashville? I'm going to die.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Ghost of V

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2014, 05:52:14 PM »
That's too close to me. I must quit my job and become a hermit, more so.

*puts on surgical face mask*
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:55:07 PM by Vauxhall »

Thork

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2014, 06:17:35 PM »

This is called a "comfort conspiracy." You find the idea that "the Jews are doing this" more comforting than accepting the fact that people are panicky or the fact that this can be much worse than it currently is. Most NWO conspiracy believers like the idea that someone is in control, they just wish that person was doing something different. (e.g. "someone could easily make civilization better, they just don't want to" is more comforting to believe than "civilization is a chaotic mess and it always will be")
When large amounts of tax money are required for what is really a trivial world problem (4000 deaths is absolutely nothing in the scheme of things) and media outlets are all mobilised to whoop up fear and dread, I would have to be one of the day-dreaming great un-washed not to question the motives behind it.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2014, 06:22:59 PM »
When large amounts of tax money are required for what is really a trivial world problem (4000 deaths is absolutely nothing in the scheme of things) and media outlets are all mobilised to whoop up fear and dread, I would have to be one of the day-dreaming great un-washed not to question the motives behind it.
Isn't that pretty much the same attitude that a lot of people had when HIV/AIDS primarily affected gay men and intravenous drug users?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Rama Set

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2014, 06:40:11 PM »
Isn't that pretty much the same attitude that a lot of people had when HIV/AIDS primarily affected gay men and intravenous drug users?

Again Thork, there is nothing wrong with an extreme level of prudence when dealing with one of the deadliest, contagious untreatable diseases ever.

Ghost of V

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2014, 06:42:37 PM »
Thork would be a terrible world-leader.

Thork

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2014, 07:46:41 PM »

Again Thork, there is nothing wrong with an extreme level of prudence when dealing with one of the deadliest, contagious untreatable diseases ever.
Quantify that

Deadliest - killed 3800 people
Contagious - infected 7000 people
Untreatable - GSK developed a vaccine in under a month that coats the virus stopping its spread and allowing the immune system to build anti-bodies in time.

Compare that to something like hepatitis, Malaria or TB.

It still does. HIV/AIDS is primarily caught by people with 'ungodly' lifestyles. Be a good little Christian and you are extremely unlikely to get it. Prevention is better than cure. God has never liked the gays and still likes to smite them to this day. Sometimes ... if you listen really closely in a thunderstorm, you can hear the breath of God ... "I didn't create Adam and Steve! >o<"

Ghost of V

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2014, 07:48:05 PM »
Sometimes ... if you listen really closely in a thunderstorm, you can hear the breath of God ... "I didn't create Adam and Steve! >o<"

I've never heard that. Source?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:50:59 PM by Vauxhall »