Good to have found friends
« on: September 01, 2017, 04:07:32 PM »
For the first time in my life - 71 years - I found thinkers like my self.  From a child I have been rejected because I do not think like everyone else.  I knew very early that the stuff they tried to teach me at school was just made up as the teacher was talking.  For example, when we were being taught about directions and the teacher was explaining north, south east and west and then went on to say we could travel eastward forever but we could NOT travel northward or southward forever something was fishy.  I drew a circle on the floor and marked arrows on it pointing N, S, E and W and then asked the teacher what is the difference in the arrows were.  The teacher could not respond and sent me to the office with a note that said "I can't help this child"!  I then realized that the entire idea on N, S, E and W was fishy and the teacher just made it up.

I am part of a large family with many children and I am proud to say that we have an accumulative IQ of well over 300.  Some scoff at that concept but have you ever noticed how the accumulative IQ of ants allow them to build such wonderfully complex hills and habitat's.  In our family we think together using every fluid ounce of IQ -
 not many know but IQ is really the measure of a brain liquid.  I hope I can join this my new family with my existing one and perhaps our accumulative IQ can push 1,000!

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: Good to have found friends
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 07:47:43 PM »
For the first time in my life - 71 years - I found thinkers like my self.  From a child I have been rejected because I do not think like everyone else.  I knew very early that the stuff they tried to teach me at school was just made up as the teacher was talking.  For example, when we were being taught about directions and the teacher was explaining north, south east and west and then went on to say we could travel eastward forever but we could NOT travel northward or southward forever something was fishy.  I drew a circle on the floor and marked arrows on it pointing N, S, E and W and then asked the teacher what is the difference in the arrows were.  The teacher could not respond and sent me to the office with a note that said "I can't help this child"!  I then realized that the entire idea on N, S, E and W was fishy and the teacher just made it up.

I am part of a large family with many children and I am proud to say that we have an accumulative IQ of well over 300.  Some scoff at that concept but have you ever noticed how the accumulative IQ of ants allow them to build such wonderfully complex hills and habitat's.  In our family we think together using every fluid ounce of IQ -
 not many know but IQ is really the measure of a brain liquid.  I hope I can join this my new family with my existing one and perhaps our accumulative IQ can push 1,000!

Sadly, the Flat-Earthers here cannot help you.  All of their maps ALSO show that you cannot walk North forever.   Just like in the round earth, you'll eventually reach the North pole.   At this point your compass will either spin around aimlessly - or point straight down at your feet.

The business of the NSEW system is definitely confusing - but it doesn't mean that it's not true.   Here is an old puzzle:

A hunter leaves his camp, walks a mile south, then a mile east and shoots a bear.  He drags the bear a mile North and ends up back at his camp.  What color was the bear?

The answer being "white" because the camp "Must have been at the North Pole".   This story works just as well in Flat Earth maps as it does in round.   So if that bothers you - then you have NOT come to the right place.

A more interesting story is very similar:

"A hunter leaves his camp and walks a mile North, a mile East and shoots a flightless bird.  Then he walks South for a mile and ends up back at his camp."

...OK - so this time the bird is a penguin...because he's at the South pole.  But this story only works in the round earth and in one of the two common Flat Earth maps.   The one on the Wiki here...well, it's a mess.

Think about this one:

Start at the North pole.   Follow the compass and walk south for 12,500 miles (OK you may need to swim some of that).  Where do you end up?

Well, in the Flat Earth "unipolar" map - this question is a very hard one to answer...I think it depends on which direction you go when you take your very first step.   In the Round Earth and "bipolar" flat map - you seem to end up at the south pole - but the route you take to get there depends on your very first step.

This kind of thing hurts everyone's head...not just yours!

As for your "accumulative IQ of well over 300"...the average IQ of a human is (by definition) 100.   So if your family consisted of more than three people, you come from a bunch of not-too-smart people.  I'm guessing you meant 3,000 - not 300!

I'm not sure "accumulative IQ" is all that useful though...anyone who has sat in a business meeting with 20 other average IQ people will quickly come to the conclusion that the IQ of 20 people is way less than 100!

Anyway - welcome to the group.   It's not an easy ride!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:49:52 PM by 3DGeek »
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
Re: Good to have found friends
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 12:55:24 PM »
Misread the thread title, thought is was "Good to have ROUND friends", as in not-flat friends.  Oh well, welcome to the party anyway.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice