Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: Flat Earth Letter to Neil deGrasse Tyson Still Unanswered
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 05:42:59 PM »
The way of tackling FE is to show the evidence for the globe, obviously some will dismiss that or call it fake, there's nothing you can do about that.

70+ years of orbital spaceflight. That does it for me. Why look for a curve from ground level when the presence of 70 years' worth of orbital satellites shows it beyond all doubt?

And, in other news, SpaceX have deployed ANOTHER orbital satellite, successfully bringing the first stage back to a controlled landing on their ocean-going barge.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 12:51:20 AM »
I believe his argument is that if there is a bulge to the earth, because of centripetal acceleration, then naturally the water should have gone to the equator since that is easier to move than the land.
There's a bulge because as the earth cooled it was spinning, the centripetal force made the earth bulge slightly.
But at that stage of the earth's history there was no water, the crust was just cooling molten rock.
I haven't watched the rest of the video but the first point is pretty silly and shows no understanding of the theories about the history of the earth's formation.
He seems to imagine an earth as it is now bulging because of the centripetal force, that isn't what happened.
Your just repeating stuff you were told. In the video he's showing you what is proven. Prove that the molting ball cooled, etc etc. Hear say does not apply in court and should not apply in science.
  FEers talk about what you yourself can prove while globe believers talk about things that we can't prove then have the nerve to say we got no proof. Crazy
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:53:12 AM by werytraveler »

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 12:57:15 AM »
The way of tackling FE is to show the evidence for the globe, obviously some will dismiss that or call it fake, there's nothing you can do about that.

70+ years of orbital spaceflight. That does it for me. Why look for a curve from ground level when the presence of 70 years' worth of orbital satellites shows it beyond all doubt?

And, in other news, SpaceX have deployed ANOTHER orbital satellite, successfully bringing the first stage back to a controlled landing on their ocean-going barge.

Are you talking about the CGI pictures that have already been debunked?

Offline jcks

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 03:28:43 AM »

Where have they been debunked?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 08:26:20 AM »

No. There's plenty of proof of orbital flight which does not rely on pictures.

Nearly?

Max_Almond

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 11:01:22 PM »

As we all know, there are thousands of photos taken from space that have nothing to do with CGI, with photoshop, with compositing, with any kind of manipulation.

But let's come at it from another angle: when we look in the sky at where we are told the ISS will appear, there is something there. Those with high-powered zoom lenses can make out a shape matching what we're told the ISS looks like - but for the rest of us, all we see is a dot.

Still, that's probably enough.

Question is, even if we don't believe in the ISS, there is something there, seemingly orbiting at 250 miles above the surface of the earth.

So, dear flat earther, what is it?

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 03:41:19 PM »

Internet is full of NASA pictures shown to be fake. YouTube is littered with it. SEX was written is the clouds in one. Straight off NASA site. NASA took it down afterwards. And another showed same clouds copied and placed throughout the globe picture.

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 03:52:07 PM »

As we all know, there are thousands of photos taken from space that have nothing to do with CGI, with photoshop, with compositing, with any kind of manipulation.

But let's come at it from another angle: when we look in the sky at where we are told the ISS will appear, there is something there. Those with high-powered zoom lenses can make out a shape matching what we're told the ISS looks like - but for the rest of us, all we see is a dot.

Still, that's probably enough.

Question is, even if we don't believe in the ISS, there is something there, seemingly orbiting at 250 miles above the surface of the earth.

So, dear flat earther, what is it?

You thinking the pictures of earth are not CGI doesn't mean they aren't. Its logical to think that if some have been proven frauds then the others MIGHT be as well.
   I've seen pictures of the ISS night and day. The day one you can see it's not in space. The blue sky is still behind it. You don't know how many miles it is up there. Only what you've been told. One satellite crashed in Brazil I think it was. The local didn't know what it was. Pictures are on line. Satellite drone. There's a number on it to call and NASA has a team that goes and gets them. There's a balloon attach to it.
   It might catch and follow the wind channel and it would carry it all over is my guess but not sure.

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 03:57:27 PM »

No. There's plenty of proof of orbital flight which does not rely on pictures.

Thanks for your reply. Please tell me of proof of orbital flight. Please don't repeat hearsay that can't be proven. Thanks

Max_Almond

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2018, 04:01:30 PM »
I've seen pictures of the ISS night and day. You don't know how many miles it is up there. Only what you've been told.

But, being a smart person, you do understand how easy it would be to measure it for yourself, right?

You look at it and you measure the angle to it. Your friend a decent distance away does the same at the same time. And, for good measure, one more friend a decent distance from both of you does so too.

It is then a matter of ease to triangulate its position.

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2018, 04:09:42 PM »
I've seen pictures of the ISS night and day. You don't know how many miles it is up there. Only what you've been told.

But, being a smart person, you do understand how easy it would be to measure it for yourself, right?

You look at it and you measure the angle to it. Your friend a decent distance away does the same at the same time. And, for good measure, one more friend a decent distance from both of you does so too.

It is then a matter of ease to triangulate its position.

It would not tell you how many miles or exactly how far. You can't tell how far a plane is in the air only the position of where it's at. Not how far. I believe it's a satellite drone. Check out the picture of the one at day and the Brazilian one. Pretty cool stuff.

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 04:19:10 PM »
You thinking the pictures of earth are not CGI doesn't mean they aren't. Its logical to think that if some have been proven frauds then the others MIGHT be as well.
Really? Even the pictures of Earth that predated CGI?
The day one you can see it's not in space. The blue sky is still behind it.
Funny thing, the blue sky is actually in front of it. How blue was the ISS in the picture?
One satellite crashed in Brazil I think it was. The local didn't know what it was. Pictures are on line. Satellite drone. There's a number on it to call and NASA has a team that goes and gets them. There's a balloon attach to it.
Sounds like it was never in space, was never intended to get to space, and NASA won't tell you that it was in space.

It would not tell you how many miles or exactly how far. You can't tell how far a plane is in the air only the position of where it's at. Not how far. I believe it's a satellite drone. Check out the picture of the one at day and the Brazilian one. Pretty cool stuff.
https://www.wyzant.com/resources/lessons/math/geometry/triangles/congruent_asa_aas
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

Max_Almond

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2018, 04:30:10 PM »
It would not tell you how many miles or exactly how far. You can't tell how far a plane is in the air only the position of where it's at, not how far.

You can absolutely tell the altitude of a plane, if you triangulate its position, and know how far away you are from your friends.

Maybe this link will help you: www.metabunk.org/triangulating-the-position-and-height-of-the-international-space-station-iss.t7994

I believe it's a satellite drone.

And what is the altitude of this "satellite drone"? And what path does it follow above us?

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2018, 06:25:04 PM »
Really? Even the pictures of Earth that predated CGI?
The day one you can see it's not in space. The blue sky is still behind it.
Funny thing, the blue sky is actually in front of it. How blue was the ISS in the picture?
One satellite crashed in Brazil I think it was. The local didn't know what it was. Pictures are on line. Satellite drone. There's a number on it to call and NASA has a team that goes and gets them. There's a balloon attach to it.
Sounds like it was never in space, was never intended to get to space, and NASA won't tell you that it was in space.

https://www.wyzant.com/resources/lessons/math/geometry/triangles/congruent_asa_aas

Photoshopping was around long before you got your hands on it. What we get is things that are already out of date as far as they are concerned.  Always a step a head.
  The blue sky was behind it too.
  I don't believe it was ever in space or meant to be. (Brazil one or both rather)
   Unless you KNEW how big the satellite actually was you couldn't  know the distant. Especially the number of miles you proclaim.  Feet yes prehappens. But miles....naa.

Max_Almond

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2018, 06:34:04 PM »
Unless you KNEW how big the satellite actually was you couldn't  know the distant. Especially the number of miles you proclaim.

Wrong.

Imagine something closer. Imagine a pole in a field. You are in one corner of the field and your friend is in another, 100 metres away. You have a straight line marked on the ground between you. You measure pole at a bearing of 60 degrees from you (relative to the line between you and your friend), and your friend measures 55 degrees. You don't know the size or width of the pole.

And yet, you can calculate the distance to the pole from either of you - or, indeed, from any point on the line - with ease.

Agree or disagree?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:45:56 PM by Max_Almond »

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2018, 06:42:48 PM »
Photoshopping was around long before you got your hands on it. What we get is things that are already out of date as far as they are concerned. Always a step ahead.
This isn't about Photoshop. It's about CGI. CGI wasn't even remotely a thing until the 80's.
The blue sky was behind it too.
Are you sure? I told you otherwise, and posed a question directly related to that conclusion that you didn't answer.
Unless you KNEW how big the satellite actually was you couldn't know the distant. Especially the number of miles you proclaim. Feet yes prehappens. But miles....naa.
First, the idea is to get a friend to take a second reading.
Second, the width of the ISS is well-established.
Third, have you any understanding of units at all? If you have the altitude in feet, then you can get it in miles simply by dividing by 5,280.
Recommended reading: We Have No Idea by Jorge Cham and Daniel Whiteson

Turtle Town, a game made by my brothers and their friends, is now in private beta for the demo! Feedback so far has been mostly positive. Contact me if you would like to play.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2018, 10:09:47 PM »
Please tell me of proof of orbital flight. Please don't repeat hearsay that can't be proven. Thanks

Personal observation. Seeing the ISS twice in one evening, exactly at the times predicted, with the time between the two sightings (wherein it crossed the sky in the same direction each time) exactly as per the published orbit time.

It crossed my sky from SW to SE both times. How would it get from the SE of my sky that it left on the first pass, to get back to the SW, without changing direction, and having me or someone else seeing it going the 'wrong' way, other than by going around a globe?

Folks with better cameras than I have imaged the ISS in transit across the sun and moon.

Even from the first orbital craft, Sputnik, amateur and professional alike were monitoring its path and finding that it could only be an orbital craft. It passes over, disappears out of range, then appears from the opposite horizon after an hour or two.

Nearly?

Offline jcks

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2018, 10:50:37 PM »

Internet is full of NASA pictures shown to be fake. YouTube is littered with it. SEX was written is the clouds in one. Straight off NASA site. NASA took it down afterwards. And another showed same clouds copied and placed throughout the globe picture.

Ok let me be more specific.

Which photos have been debunked and where. Please provide specific sources for your claim.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2018, 12:07:26 AM »

Which photos have been debunked and where. Please provide specific sources for your claim.

YouTube it. Google it. There are a whole world of websites dedicated to that purpose. We have several such examples in The Conspiracy section of our Wiki.

Offline jcks

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2018, 12:51:43 AM »

YouTube it. Google it. There are a whole world of websites dedicated to that purpose. We have several such examples in The Conspiracy section of our Wiki.

That kind of evidence doesn't fly here remember?

We need specific sources of every debunked photograph with explanations explaining how they are CGI along with the methods used.