Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: If you could who would it be.
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2020, 07:43:30 PM »
Ok, that makes me curious.  If you were taken to space and saw a vast flat plane from LEO altitudes it seems that would be pretty clear evidence.
For sure, but that's the "we were both wrong" scenario. Considering the electromagnetic acceleration theory, a vast flat plane is not what I'd expect to visually perceive (though I'm sure many FE'ers would). If that were to happen, sure, case closed; but I personally consider this to be an unlikely outcome.

Would I still be willing to give it a go on the off chance? Yeah, why not? It's not like I'm afraid of blowing up in a tragic accident.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 08:08:37 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2020, 08:01:04 PM »
Ok, that makes me curious.  If you were taken to space and saw a vast flat plane from LEO altitudes it seems that would be pretty clear evidence.
For sure, but that's the "we were both wrong" scenario. Considering the electromagnetic acceleration theory, a vast flat plane is not what I'd expect to visually perceive. If that were to happen, sure, case closed; but I personally consider this to be an unlikely outcome.

Good point, if UA is a thing there is no telling what you would see. 

Would I still be willing to give it a go on the off chance? Yeah, why not? It's not like I'm afraid of blowing up in a tragic accident.

From what I can see there are a few that think that's the ideal outcome!
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2020, 08:09:18 PM »
From what I can see there are a few that think that's the ideal outcome!
What can I say? I'm a charmer.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2020, 07:48:35 PM »

Hindsight says no to the starship.  That thing is like a firecracker.

https://www.google.com/search?q=starship+explosions&sxsrf=ALeKk0099U5RwNQi9ubmTzcqgqwrdDARQw:1592423294107&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwis-JqGz4nqAhUKeawKHW5uCDkQ_AUoAXoECA4QAw&biw=1536&bih=750

Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2020, 10:01:04 PM »
Ah, as much as I hate to say it though, you only live once. I would totally do it if given the chance. I probably have more chance of dying from a skiing, kayaking or cycling accident anyway, at least if I died in a rocket explosion it would be something interesting to put on my grave/urn.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline GoldCashew

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2020, 10:42:41 PM »
I would send up the crazy Flat Earther (shown on youtube) that had the meltdown at Starbucks with a supposed NASA employee and got kicked out.

If Mad Mike were still alive, I would also send him up. He gave it a go with his steam-powered rocket and had more balls than anyone; to do what he did. Yes, call him crazy but he had passion and conviction.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:44:55 PM by GoldCashew »