Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
Re: New logo!
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2013, 10:36:14 PM »
Yeah, I love the logo. I just think the edges of it are too close to the edge of the blue box it's in. I know it's nitpicky. Others might disagree.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 10:39:27 PM »

OH YEAH!

I am incredibly pleased to announce that our forum now has a logo of its own, courtesy of Blanko. Everyone owes Blanko a drink, or something. Truly this is a milestone for our forum!
Ooh tis like it!!! :D Vary good job Blanko tis like it alot tis hope daneil (unless this is the propheceyed FES Revolution) likes it so this can be come the real deal this logo tis SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Thork

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 10:43:51 PM »
Actually it resizes nicely.

Favicons below

32x32            16x16

Can you do the honours Pizzaplanet?

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:09 PM »
When different grammatical and spelling nuances appear in EJ's annoying shitposting, it's pretty obvious he's doing it on purpose. I know he's not hurting anybody, but I don't see why he's allowed to post in the upper fora. The user behind the computer is almost certainly capable of forming sensible responses, but chooses to post crap instead. I think it is intentional annoyance, in other words "being a dick".

EJ, do you get off to people telling you that you're stupid? This is a serious question. And if the answer to that question is no, then I'm afraid you are indeed stupid. Either way, you should consider improving your life in some way.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 10:53:47 PM »
When different grammatical and spelling nuances appear in EJ's annoying shitposting, it's pretty obvious he's doing it on purpose. I know he's not hurting anybody, but I don't see why he's allowed to post in the upper fora. The user behind the computer is almost certainly capable of forming sensible responses, but chooses to post crap instead. I think it is intentional annoyance, in other words "being a dick".

EJ, do you get off to people telling you that you're stupid? This is a serious question. And if the answer to that question is no, then I'm afraid you are indeed stupid. Either way, you should consider improving your life in some way.

C'mon spoon, not here, bro.  I think most of us are used to it by now.

Talk moar logo.

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »

C'mon spoon, not here, bro.  I think most of us are used to it by now.

Talk moar logo.

The new site is about making improvements. I was just making it known that I consider EJ a detriment, even if just a small one.

But yes. I love the logo. The color of the water and the creamy background complement the theme excellently.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »

Favicons below

32x32            16x16

Yeah, they do work well. PizzaPlanet already did board icons as you may have noticed, and I just redid them with edited levels and borders.

Thork

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2013, 11:05:50 PM »

Favicons below

32x32            16x16

Yeah, they do work well. PizzaPlanet already did board icons as you may have noticed, and I just redid them with edited levels and borders.
I was thinking about the favicon for your browser. We don't have one at present.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 11:07:36 PM »

Favicons below

32x32            16x16

I was thinking about the favicon for your browser. We don't have one at present.

I know. I already tried something else for a favicon, but it may be better just to use a scaled down logo. I'll maybe edit its levels as well; the colors on the smaller versions seem to look too faded out.

Thork

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 11:10:16 PM »

Favicons below

32x32            16x16

I know. I already tried something else for a favicon, but it may be better just to use a scaled down logo. I'll maybe edit its levels as well; the colors on the smaller versions seem to look too faded out.
Yeah, we'll end up using a simplified/small logo on all kinds of things. Maybe keyrings/pens/membership medals etc in the future. Something easy to see when its small would be usefu.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2013, 11:36:14 PM »
Edited a bit:

It barely looks different! Whoops.

Thork

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2013, 11:37:16 PM »
Edited a bit:

It barely looks different! Whoops.
Looks great. Hope to see it installed soon.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »
I dicked around with favicons a bit today and I can't figure out why they won't work. I don't see this as a priority issue, and I am a little bit busy until the 10th, so I'm not going to focus on it right now. I will give it a go every now and then, though, and assuming Parsifal doesn't beat me to fixing it, I'll give it a more serious attempt then.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Thork

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 11:47:40 PM »
I'm gonna sound like a noob but don't you just stick somthing like

<link rel="icon"
      type="image/png"
      href="http://example.com/myicon.png">

into the header?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 11:53:23 PM »
I thought so too. I played around with different filetypes and different historical syntaxes. Chrome seems to have picked it up, but other browsers did not.

Eddy Baby

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:30 PM »
Yay for this!

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »
(05/12/2013 00:00:26) Parsifal: Why the fuck is this favicon not working

Yay, I'm not retarded (maybe)

Thork

« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2013, 12:04:53 AM »
Its a go on IE11. :D

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2013, 12:05:46 AM »
Works on Firefox.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2013, 12:06:17 AM »
Its a go on IE11. :D
This is why the web is terrible. Each browser follows their own set of ideas, none of them being the actual standards they're supposed to follow.