Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #3440 on: December 09, 2018, 08:59:18 AM »
And for added flavor, Trump is kinda worried now.  Or at least his re-election campaign is.

I got an email asking for money. Standard stuff, I get one every day.  The odd bit is this:

The swamp is so eager to stop us that they might even challenge us with a LIBERAL Republican who can’t stand that we’re actually keeping our conservative promises.

Which I take to mean "Oh shit, someone from my own party may challenge me in 2020!".  Which, I think, would be unprecidented?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: December 10, 2018, 07:25:36 PM »
You don't think there are a bunch of republicans that would prefer Mike Pence in office right now?

I'm sure they would, but they won't turn on Trump as long as he's still beloved by his base.

In other news, haha.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: December 11, 2018, 09:03:08 PM »
Trump meets the senate bosses.  It doesn't go well.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/675425269/trump-to-meet-with-chuck-and-nancy-expectations-are-low

I like how he basically got baited into owning the (seemingly) inevitable shutdown.  Should be a fun shitshow to watch over the next 2 years.

Also, 1/3 of the government is a majority, apparently.  So, ya know...good job Dems for being the majority again.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: December 15, 2018, 08:56:18 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: December 15, 2018, 11:10:13 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/15/politics/donald-trump-robert-mueller-investigations-russia/index.html

Trump's whole world is falling apart. This pleases me.

*Has not clicked link*
It's CNN.  The baias is gonna be strong. 

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: December 15, 2018, 11:27:32 PM »
*Has not clicked link*

I'm curious what you think this adds to the discussion, especially admitting you didn't click the link. From my point of view, it's essentially the same as if you hadn't posted at all.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: December 16, 2018, 12:37:27 AM »
"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime"

All we've seen so far is years of ongoing investigations, looking for a crime that has yet to be stated, and has done questionable things such as attack men for actions outside of the campaign that they wouldn't have necessarily cared about. Take Manafort for example. No one actually cared what he did in Ukraine in 2012 until he worked for Trump. That's interesting. Take Flynn for another example. He lied about a phone call. The phone call itself wasn't actually illegal, but Flynn apparently thought it was, so he decided to lie about it. Now Flynn's getting sentenced for lying over a trivial matter, in most cases, none of this would occur. This investigation is similar to something like Benghazi, where Republicans weren't sure Hillary Clinton committed a crime, but they tried damn sure to find one. Bill Clinton wasn't so lucky during his presidency. He wasn't being investigated for banging interns, but that's exactly what got him impeached. Perjury is used as the crime of last resort and I guarantee you we'll be seeing a whole lot more perjury and not any more substance from this investigation.

We currently endure a justice system where apparently political crimes aren't punishable unless you start working for the "wrong" candidate. Would someone like Manafort had been punished had he not been Trump's campaign manager? How many more Manaforts are out there, I wonder? How many politicians are getting away with this sort of fraud already simply by virtue of having better inside connections? The way this investigation is working, the way a lot of our investigations work now, should be far more disturbing to us than they currently seem to be.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:41:51 AM by Rushy »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: December 16, 2018, 09:43:03 AM »
*Has not clicked link*

I'm curious what you think this adds to the discussion, especially admitting you didn't click the link. From my point of view, it's essentially the same as if you hadn't posted at all.
Its more about Honk's comment on it.  Reading a CNN analysis and claimin Trump's world is falling apart based on it is likely not as accurate as one would hope.  The article is essentially an opinion piece written in an anti-trump manner. (I've read some of it now) As such, its baiased and is going to make it sound like Trump is on the edge of being destroyed but he isn't.  He certaintly isn't happy but its a far cry from his world falling apart.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: December 16, 2018, 01:19:34 PM »
Trump's whole world is falling apart.
Trump is so terrible that he can't even have his world fall apart properly. You've been saying this for how long now? 2 years? It keeps being his worst nightmare and it'll all come together any moment now. Aaaany moment now. Probably tomorrow. Maybe the day after.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: December 16, 2018, 02:17:37 PM »
Trump is so terrible that he can't even have his world fall apart properly. You've been saying this for how long now? 2 years? It keeps being his worst nightmare and it'll all come together any moment now. Aaaany moment now. Probably tomorrow. Maybe the day after.

I haven't been saying that at all. ??? Some of the articles I've linked to may have made that claim, but I think my skepticism of this or that scandal finally being the one to bring Trump down has been consistent. I'm more hopeful for this one doing some lasting damage, although impeachment still seems unlikely.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3450 on: December 17, 2018, 01:52:07 AM »

I haven't been saying that at all. ??? Some of the articles I've linked to may have made that claim, but I think my skepticism of this or that scandal finally being the one to bring Trump down has been consistent. I'm more hopeful for this one doing some lasting damage, although impeachment still seems unlikely.

Remember that one time you claimed that Trump couldn't possibly last more than a year in office. Haha. Good times.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: December 17, 2018, 03:03:55 AM »
No, I don't, and you still haven't substantiated that claim.

totallackey

« Reply #3452 on: December 17, 2018, 12:55:19 PM »

Offline Cain

• This is the line of division.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: December 17, 2018, 12:59:29 PM »
He didn't say more than a year in office. He said that we won't have four years of this, which could be two or three years.
You just made my list, buddy.  >:(
this world does not have room for another mind as intelligent as yours.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: December 17, 2018, 01:22:53 PM »
No, I don't, and you still haven't substantiated that claim.

I don't intend on rummaging through IRC logs to find it, the fact that you mysteriously forget these sorts of things is rewarding enough for me as it is.

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: December 17, 2018, 02:05:36 PM »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: December 17, 2018, 04:07:35 PM »
I hope the Russians manage to influence our politics and get us to finally leave the Middle East, since it's clear they're the only ones willing to actually make that happen.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: December 17, 2018, 04:45:05 PM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/12/16/new-report-russian-disinformation-prepared-senate-shows-operations-scale-sweep/

haha what a meme
Breaking news: WaPo maintains WaPo was correct. Stay tuned, we'll be right back after these commercials, where we'll investigate whether Fox News changed their mind about things Fox News said.

Critical thinking dies in fucking darkness.

And even then, it still talks about nothing more than social media posting and advertising - something we've all acknowledged and which doesn't amount to your hilarious conspiracy theory.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 04:47:00 PM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Online honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: December 17, 2018, 07:41:24 PM »
This is a story about a report that was presented to the Senate. It has nothing to do with the WaPo insisting they were correct. It doesn't have anything to do with them at all.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: December 17, 2018, 08:22:11 PM »
This is a story about a report that was presented to the Senate. It has nothing to do with the WaPo insisting they were correct. It doesn't have anything to do with them at all.

A report that simply says "other countries buy ad space for politicians". If someone in the Senate didn't know this was possible or occurred at a high rate, they likely wouldn't be in the Senate in the first place. All countries put their hands in the cookie jar, that Russia keeps getting spotlighted for doing so is a continued effort to swing public favor strongly against them ever since Russia said "fuck off" to the Syrian pipeline project.