Offline Supernatural

• Questioning
    • View Profile
Few questions
« on: June 16, 2017, 07:33:14 PM »
Got a few questions. If these questions are answered well, it'll surely help change my belief.
Anyways, here it is:

1) How does a Flat Earth generate a sufficient magnetic field?
2) If other planets are round, why should Earth be an exception?
3) What is the economic benefit of lying about the shape of the Earth before the space race? (please make this elaborate; it's for someone else)

Appreciated, thanks!
"If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed."

Offline FEFTW

• View Profile
Re: Few questions
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 11:16:21 PM »
One:
I believe it has something to do with applying the right hand rule (link below, look under electro magnetics). Long story short magnetic fields actually move at right angles to current flow. This nicely explains why compasses freak out at "due north". 

Edit: as a disclaimer, this does go against the orthodoxy in the FAQ

Two:
Earth is exceptional already in that it has people. But FE states very clearly that it is not a planet, so drawing equivilences to planets is illogical.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:29:58 PM by FEFTW »

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 05:00:45 AM »
Got a few questions. If these questions are answered well, it'll surely help change my belief.
Anyways, here it is:

3) What is the economic benefit of lying about the shape of the Earth before the space race? (please make this elaborate; it's for someone else)

Appreciated, thanks!
1) Not sure how this would be different than a round Earth? FAQ might have more information, but the rule of thumb is that it's a circular magnet. One pole in the center, the other pole being the entire outer ring.

2) FET says Earth is a plane, not a planet. I've not gotten a good response on why it's a plane and not a planet personally though.

3) There wasn't one. Remember, FET (at least this version) doesn't believe that NASA etc. are lying about the shape of the planet. It says they're all lying about being able to go into space. Therefore, we had no visual proof before going into space and everyone has just been wrong about it this whole time, rather than actively lying, and since we've never been into space, there's no proof it's round. So again, no economic reason for lying, the science community just one day decided Earth was round, and only approached experiments with the idea of proving that in mind.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 03:24:15 PM »
Anyways, here it is:

Appreciated, thanks!
1) Not sure how this would be different than a round Earth? FAQ might have more information, but the rule of thumb is that it's a circular magnet. One pole in the center, the other pole being the entire outer ring.

2) FET says Earth is a plane, not a planet. I've not gotten a good response on why it's a plane and not a planet personally though.

3) There wasn't one. Remember, FET (at least this version) doesn't believe that NASA etc. are lying about the shape of the planet. It says they're all lying about being able to go into space. Therefore, we had no visual proof before going into space and everyone has just been wrong about it this whole time, rather than actively lying, and since we've never been into space, there's no proof it's round. So again, no economic reason for lying, the science community just one day decided Earth was round, and only approached experiments with the idea of proving that in mind.

It can't be that NASA is merely mistaken.  They claim to have sent men to the Moon and that people are orbiting the Earth in the ISS as we speak.  They post photos from landers on Mars every single day.

If those things aren't true - then they are definitely lying!   Ditto with every other space agency who claims to be taking photos of the Earth from high orbits.

You can't (reasonably) claim that they're merely mistaken.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
Anyways, here it is:

Appreciated, thanks!

It can't be that NASA is merely mistaken.  They claim to have sent men to the Moon and that people are orbiting the Earth in the ISS as we speak.  They post photos from landers on Mars every single day.

If those things aren't true - then they are definitely lying!   Ditto with every other space agency who claims to be taking photos of the Earth from high orbits.

Huh? He asked the economic benefit to lying about the shape of the Earth before the space race. I explained there wasn't one, and FE simply believe that we're all mistaken about the shape of the Earth. NASA (and every other space agency) is lying about being able to actually go into space, so when they create fake images the images are of a round Earth because that's what the world mistakenly believes. NASA and the world are mistaken about the shape of the Earth, thus any images they create always show a globe Earth, because it's what they expect. That's what they're mistaken about. Remember, they're lying about being able to go into space to begin with. Follow that to it's conclusion and you can see where it leaves everything else.

Why all of these agencies are (and continue to), as well as all the other problems with that claim are a secondary question to the one being asked.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 06:25:27 PM »
Anyways, here it is:

Appreciated, thanks!

Huh? He asked the economic benefit to lying about the shape of the Earth before the space race. I explained there wasn't one, and FE simply believe that we're all mistaken about the shape of the Earth. NASA (and every other space agency) is lying about being able to actually go into space, so when they create fake images the images are of a round Earth because that's what the world mistakenly believes. NASA and the world are mistaken about the shape of the Earth, thus any images they create always show a globe Earth, because it's what they expect. That's what they're mistaken about. Remember, they're lying about being able to go into space to begin with. Follow that to it's conclusion and you can see where it leaves everything else.

Why all of these agencies are (and continue to), as well as all the other problems with that claim are a secondary question to the one being asked.

So, to clarify:  The belief is that NASA is lying about all of their space missions - but merely mistaken in thinking that the earth is round?

I can poke so many holes in that idea...I don't even know where to begin!
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?