Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
The June Eclipse
« on: June 10, 2021, 12:22:30 PM »
Anyone else watch the eclipse today?  I wasn't in an area where I could see the full eclipse but did get some good pictures.

I'll post a boring, scientific one that are all sharp and clear.  I took this once the Sun had cleared the clouds, but it shows less of the Moon in front of it.

Any of you lucky enough to see the whole thing?

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
Re: The June Eclipse
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 12:34:10 PM »
Woke up for sunrise to try to catch it, but too much cloud cover here...

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 01:49:35 PM »
Was fortunate to enjoy a nice cigar while watching the 2017 eclipse from my back yard.  Spectacular.  So much so I'm seriously contemplating a little vacay to Mexico in 2024.

Would love to witness an annular eclipse but I live on the wrong coast for this one.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 02:02:41 PM »
I also managed to take a photo of the shadow object from sunny London

Actually quite cloudy London and for a while I thought that had scuppered my attempt, but then it cleared a bit. I don't have a solar filter or anything so that's a reflection in a bucket of water I took into the garden, just took it on my Phone. Quite pleased with it though.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 05:45:20 PM »

Actually quite cloudy London and for a while I thought that had scuppered my attempt, but then it cleared a bit. I don't have a solar filter or anything so that's a reflection in a bucket of water I took into the garden, just took it on my Phone. Quite pleased with it though.

That's really good for being shot as a reflection in the water.  I've be very happy with that result.

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 06:38:37 PM »

That's really good for being shot as a reflection in the water.  I've be very happy with that result.

Yup.  No curve on that water.