On the Day of Resurrection, God will remove the mountains and you will see the earth a leveled plain, you will not see therein any crookedness or any curve, and those who mocked will be enveloped by what they used to ridicule.  Furthermore, the stars will fall from heaven to the earth, for they said they are giant luminous spheres of plasma.  And so the stars fell from heaven as a fig tree casts her untimely figs, when she is shaken by a mighty wind - for on that Day, the heaven will shake.  And the heavens will be rolled as a scroll, for God made the heaven a protected ceiling, but they from its signs are turning away.  For indeed they found their people astray.  So they hastened to follow in their footsteps.  And there had already strayed before them most of the former peoples, and God had already sent among them warners.  But when their messengers came to them with clear proofs, they merely rejoiced in what they had of knowledge, but they were enveloped by what they used to ridicule.

For these verses and far more from the Qur'an, Gospel, and the Torah, go to:
https://quranicwarners.org/creation/#flatearth
Follow those who do not ask for any payment, and they are rightly guided. [36:21, Qur'an]

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: God will prove the earth is flat on the Day of Resurrection
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 12:50:03 AM »
On the Day of Resurrection, God will remove the mountains and you will see the earth a leveled plain, you will not see therein any crookedness or any curve, and those who mocked will be enveloped by what they used to ridicule.  Furthermore, the stars will fall from heaven to the earth, for they said they are giant luminous spheres of plasma.  And so the stars fell from heaven as a fig tree casts her untimely figs, when she is shaken by a mighty wind - for on that Day, the heaven will shake.  And the heavens will be rolled as a scroll, for God made the heaven a protected ceiling, but they from its signs are turning away.  For indeed they found their people astray.  So they hastened to follow in their footsteps.  And there had already strayed before them most of the former peoples, and God had already sent among them warners.  But when their messengers came to them with clear proofs, they merely rejoiced in what they had of knowledge, but they were enveloped by what they used to ridicule.

Nope. When God comes back, he'll everybody that the earth is round. Ever noticed that near death expiencers and those who claim to see visions when shown the earth, never mentioning it being flat?
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Tontogary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 01:03:40 AM »

Do you have any real evidence of the above? Personal experience or Zetetic scientific evidence?
Personally I don’t believe, therefore what happens to me?

Also, if you haven't heard of bronies before, that reflects poorly on your understanding of the world that surrounds you. It's practically impossible not to know about them.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 01:20:33 AM »
Do you have any real evidence of the above? Personal experience or Zetetic scientific evidence?
Personally I don’t believe, therefore what happens to me?

Nothing will happen to you now.  Whoever disbelieves, then let them disbelieve [18:29, Qur'an].  Your disbelief does not cause failure to God [24:57] and I am not held accountable for you [6:69], so disbelieve.
Follow those who do not ask for any payment, and they are rightly guided. [36:21, Qur'an]

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 01:24:28 AM »
Nope. When God comes back, he'll everybody that the earth is round. Ever noticed that near death expiencers and those who claim to see visions when shown the earth, never mentioning it being flat?

Because when people nearly die they come back All-Knowing?  Where's your Scripture that says when God comes back He will prove that the earth is round?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 04:10:11 PM »
The religious opinion here far outweighs any actual FE discussion. Moving to PR&S.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 04:37:56 AM »

Because when people nearly die they come back All-Knowing?  Where's your Scripture that says when God comes back He will prove that the earth is round?

To your first question. No, they don't come back all knowing but they do come back with a certain knowledge.Besides, when arguing about religion, it's best to stay within the religious text. To your second question, The Bible talks about every secret being made know on judgement day. So if God doesn't show that the earth is flat, then it's by default, round. Besides, we already have scientific data to prove that the earth is round.

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 12:23:16 PM »

To your first question. No, they don't come back all knowing but they do come back with a certain knowledge.Besides, when arguing about religion, it's best to stay within the religious text. To your second question, The Bible talks about every secret being made know on judgement day. So if God doesn't show that the earth is flat, then it's by default, round. Besides, we already have scientific data to prove that the earth is round.

"They come back with a certain knowledge" - you have no proof of that.  "It's best to stay within the religious text," yet your main point was bringing up people with near death experiences as your proof.  Everything I put in that post was from the Qur'an, the Gospel and the Torah except for quotes by what people say from science, so I did stay within the religious text.  God removes the mountains and has the stars fall from heaven and rolls the heaven as a scroll on the Day of Judgement.  Science, which you say proves the earth is round, says stars are larger than the earth, thus they could not fall to the earth.  The mountains are removed in order to level the earth and show that there is no curvature, thus proving it is flat.  The heavens are rolled as a scroll to prove that the heavens are a physical firmament and ceiling, not just vast open space like science says.  The only "proof" you have shown is Isaiah which says it's a circle, a circle is not a sphere, it is 2 dimensional, which would make the earth flat.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 09:58:35 PM »

"They come back with a certain knowledge" - you have no proof of that.

I never claimed I did. I'm just saying that people who nearly died come back with some revelation whether true or not. However the consensus of it is that nobody has seen the earth being flat.

"It's best to stay within the religious text," yet your main point was bringing up people with near death experiences as your proof.  Everything I put in that post was from the Qur'an, the Gospel and the Torah except for quotes by what people say from science, so I did stay within the religious text.  God removes the mountains and has the stars fall from heaven and rolls the heaven as a scroll on the Day of Judgement.  Science, which you say proves the earth is round, says stars are larger than the earth, thus they could not fall to the earth. 
Back then, anything other than the sun and moon was catagorized as stars. To this very day we still call meteors shooting stars.
The mountains are removed in order to level the earth and show that there is no curvature, thus proving it is flat. 
Uh, it could be that the mountains are leveled and the globe will be a smooth surface.
The heavens are rolled as a scroll to prove that the heavens are a physical firmament and ceiling, not just vast open space like science says.
Nowhere in the Bible does it call any solid structure the firmament. The firmament is the sky where the birds fly. And the part about the heavens rolling away is showing how multi dimensional God is. We are stuck in our 3D universe where as God is far beyond that and able to do things like roll time and space up like a scroll.
  The only "proof" you have shown is Isaiah which says it's a circle, a circle is not a sphere, it is 2 dimensional, which would make the earth flat.

No 2D object can exists in real life. Any thickness and it becomes a cylinder or disc.

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 01:40:34 AM »
Back then, anything other than the sun and moon was catagorized as stars. To this very day we still call meteors shooting stars.

"Meteors" are shooting stars and are thrown at devils according to the Qur'an.  In my thread, I used Qur'an, Gospel, and Torah verses, not just Gospel, because all three Books make one religion, not 3 religions.

37:6 - 10, Qur'an
Indeed, We have adorned the nearest heaven with an adornment of stars and as protection against every rebellious devil [so] they may not listen to the exalted assembly [of angels] and are pelted from every side, repelled; and for them is a constant punishment, except one who snatches [some words] by theft, but they are pursued by a burning flame, piercing [in brightness].

Uh, it could be that the mountains are leveled and the globe will be a smooth surface.

It says you will not see any curvature, a globe has curvature, thus it could not be a smooth globe.

Nowhere in the Bible does it call any solid structure the firmament. The firmament is the sky where the birds fly.

Your signature of God sitting upon the circle of the earth, the next part of that verse says He stretches the heaven as a curtain and as a tent.  Curtains and tents are physical structures and definitely do not describe the globe model.  Also Genesis 1:6 - 8 describes the heaven as a firmament, which divides waters from above and below this firmament.  And when God flooded the earth, He opened windows or gates of heaven [54:11, Qur'an and Genesis 7:11] in order to let this water from above the firmament come down to the earth.  This is describing a physical structure and does not agree with science, no scientist would even take you seriously if you used these verses yet you will continue to try to say the Bible agrees with science.  It does not and neither does the Qur'an, for the Qur'an says

21:32, Qur'an
We made the heaven a protected ceiling, but they, from its signs, are turning away.

No 2D object can exists in real life. Any thickness and it becomes a cylinder or disc.

You just agreed that a circle is not a sphere, you said give a circle 3 dimensions by giving it thickness and it becomes a cylinder or a disc, neither of these are globes, which was exactly my point.  And if you look at the Hebrew for the word circle, it means circle or compass, not sphere or globe or ball.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 06:25:32 AM »

"Meteors" are shooting stars and are thrown at devils according to the Qur'an.  In my thread, I used Qur'an, Gospel, and Torah verses, not just Gospel, because all three Books make one religion, not 3 religions.

37:6 - 10, Qur'an
Indeed, We have adorned the nearest heaven with an adornment of stars and as protection against every rebellious devil [so] they may not listen to the exalted assembly [of angels] and are pelted from every side, repelled; and for them is a constant punishment, except one who snatches [some words] by theft, but they are pursued by a burning flame, piercing [in brightness].

So you concede that when the Bible mentions stars falling to earth, it's not talking about actual stars but rather meteors? Also, frankly I don't give two cents what the Quran says. I'm a Christian Jew who believes in the Bible. If you want to convince me by religious means, then use the Bible.

It says you will not see any curvature, a globe has curvature, thus it could not be a smooth globe.

Where does it says that?
Nowhere in the Bible does it call any solid structure the firmament. The firmament is the sky where the birds fly.

Your signature of God sitting upon the circle of the earth, the next part of that verse says He stretches the heaven as a curtain and as a tent.  Curtains and tents are physical structures and definitely do not describe the globe model.
I did not said that the Bible never made mention of a physical structure in the sky. I said that the Bible never called that physical structure the firmament. Without going into detail, I believe there was a canopy surrounding the earth before Noah's flood that provided a protective barrier against the sun's harmful rays and pressurized the atmosphere. It all came down during the flood. But, back on point, The part about stretching out the heavens is in reference to God stretching out the universe and science has shown that the universe is expanding.

Also Genesis 1:6 - 8 describes the heaven as a firmament, which divides waters from above and below this firmament. 
Yeah, and in verse 8 it says that God called the firmament heaven, which is the sky and space, not a solid structure. Not only that, but in verse 20 it talks about God creating the birds to fly in the open firmament of heaven. And as you know, birds don't do well flying through solid objects.
And when God flooded the earth, He opened windows or gates of heaven [54:11, Qur'an and Genesis 7:11] in order to let this water from above the firmament come down to the earth.  This is describing a physical structure and does not agree with science, no scientist would even take you seriously if you used these verses yet you will continue to try to say the Bible agrees with science.  It does not and neither does the Qur'an, for the Qur'an says

As I said, I didn't said there wasn't a solid structure, I said the Bible didn't called that structure the firmament. And theoretically speaking, the canopy can work. However it's gone now and there's not much evidence to back up it's existence other than giant fossilized insects. and trapped air bubbles with 50% more oxygen.
21:32, Qur'an
We made the heaven a protected ceiling, but they, from its signs, are turning away.

You just agreed that a circle is not a sphere, you said give a circle 3 dimensions by giving it thickness and it becomes a cylinder or a disc, neither of these are globes, which was exactly my point.  And if you look at the Hebrew for the word circle, it means circle or compass, not sphere or globe or ball.

I did not agree to anything. My point was if God was describing the earth as a flat disc he would've said "disc." Also if the earth is a disc then how can it have corners as flat earthers claim that verses talking about the four corners of the earth is evidence that the bible is saying the earth is flat. The answer to the circle thing is that the sphere is actually the most perfect example of a circle in a 3D universe. No matter how you look at it, it's a circle. With a disc, if I look at it from it's side it becomes a really skinny rectangle. With the four corners talked about in the Bible, it's referring to the four points of the compass.

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2018, 07:31:45 PM »
So you concede that when the Bible mentions stars falling to earth, it's not talking about actual stars but rather meteors? Also, frankly I don't give two cents what the Quran says. I'm a Christian Jew who believes in the Bible. If you want to convince me by religious means, then use the Bible.
I do not concede to that, when the Bible mentions stars falling to earth it means stars not meteors.  I know you do not care about the Qur'an, which is why I refrained from using Qur'an verses as much as possible in my arguments except for this because you brought this new part up which the Qur'an directly mentions, whereas the Bible does not.  And I am not trying to convince you, I'm only posting so that others can read and those who use reason will understand.  And I'm sure that to you, the Qur'an sounds dumb saying that stars are thrown at devils and you'd probably say this is not a scientific book at all.  Yet if I told this Qur'an verse to Muslims, they would try to put some spin on it so that it could fit science.  You are doing the exact same thing they are, trying to spin the Bible to agree with science as Muslims try to spin the Qur'an to agree with science.  But neither of these Books agree with science and they are not supposed to.

Where does it says that?
The Qur'an says it and it's in my original post, I just did not reference it to the Qur'an.

20:105
And they ask you about the mountains, so say, "My Lord will blow them away with a blast.

20:106
And He will leave the earth a level plain;

20:107
You will not see therein any crookedness or any curve."

I did not said that the Bible never made mention of a physical structure in the sky. I said that the Bible never called that physical structure the firmament. Without going into detail, I believe there was a canopy surrounding the earth before Noah's flood that provided a protective barrier against the sun's harmful rays and pressurized the atmosphere. It all came down during the flood. But, back on point, The part about stretching out the heavens is in reference to God stretching out the universe and science has shown that the universe is expanding.
Whether it is called firmament or not is not my point.  There is a physical structure above the earth that's like a tent or a ceiling above the earth, which flat earthers typically call the dome.  The term heavens seems to be a broad term that encompasses the sky above and this physical structure and there are 7 heavens, which is not directly mentioned in the Bible, only the Qur'an, but the Bible does refer to heavens in the plural and singular, and 2 Corinthians 12:2 mentions the 3rd heaven, so there are multiple heavens even according to the Bible.  Science would not describe the universe as stretched or expanding like a tent or curtain.

As I said, I didn't said there wasn't a solid structure, I said the Bible didn't called that structure the firmament. And theoretically speaking, the canopy can work. However it's gone now and there's not much evidence to back up it's existence other than giant fossilized insects. and trapped air bubbles with 50% more oxygen.
Where in the Bible does it say this structure is gone now?  This is the structure that God rolls up on the Last Day, which is mentioned in the Torah, Gospel and the Qur'an.

I did not agree to anything. My point was if God was describing the earth as a flat disc he would've said "disc." Also if the earth is a disc then how can it have corners as flat earthers claim that verses talking about the four corners of the earth is evidence that the bible is saying the earth is flat. The answer to the circle thing is that the sphere is actually the most perfect example of a circle in a 3D universe. No matter how you look at it, it's a circle. With a disc, if I look at it from it's side it becomes a really skinny rectangle. With the four corners talked about in the Bible, it's referring to the four points of the compass.
I do not know the shape of the earth as in square or circle or whatever, except that it is not a sphere and it is for all intents and purposes spread out flat as a carpet.  If your point is that if the earth were a disc He would have said disc, then why do you not use that same reasoning and say if the earth were a sphere He would have said sphere?  He did not say sphere.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 04:37:41 AM »
I do not concede to that, when the Bible mentions stars falling to earth it means stars not meteors.
As I said, back then, anything other than the sun and moon was categorized as a star. Whether it be actual stars, meteors, or planets, they were all lumped into one category. So how can you dogmatically say that the Bible was talking about the stars that make up the constellations rather than falling meteors?

I know you do not care about the Qur'an, which is why I refrained from using Qur'an verses as much as possible in my arguments except for this because you brought this new part up which the Qur'an directly mentions, whereas the Bible does not.  And I am not trying to convince you, I'm only posting so that others can read and those who use reason will understand.  And I'm sure that to you, the Qur'an sounds dumb saying that stars are thrown at devils and you'd probably say this is not a scientific book at all.  Yet if I told this Qur'an verse to Muslims, they would try to put some spin on it so that it could fit science.  You are doing the exact same thing they are, trying to spin the Bible to agree with science as Muslims try to spin the Qur'an to agree with science.  But neither of these Books agree with science and they are not supposed to.

Ok then.
Where does it says that?
The Qur'an says it and it's in my original post, I just did not reference it to the Qur'an.

20:105
And they ask you about the mountains, so say, "My Lord will blow them away with a blast.

20:106
And He will leave the earth a level plain;

20:107
You will not see therein any crookedness or any curve."

I meant, where in the Bible does it says that we won't see any curvature?
Whether it is called firmament or not is not my point.  There is a physical structure above the earth that's like a tent or a ceiling above the earth, which flat earthers typically call the dome.  The term heavens seems to be a broad term that encompasses the sky above and this physical structure and there are 7 heavens, which is not directly mentioned in the Bible, only the Qur'an, but the Bible does refer to heavens in the plural and singular, and 2 Corinthians 12:2 mentions the 3rd heaven, so there are multiple heavens even according to the Bible.  Science would not describe the universe as stretched or expanding like a tent or curtain.

Science wouldn't because it's not a common idiom anymore. I'm sure 2 to 4 thousand years from now the idioms we use today would be obsolete or not in common use.
Where in the Bible does it say this structure is gone now?  This is the structure that God rolls up on the Last Day, which is mentioned in the Torah, Gospel and the Qur'an.

No where actually. I know it's gone now because we haven't ran into it in our space missions.
I do not know the shape of the earth as in square or circle or whatever, except that it is not a sphere and it is for all intents and purposes spread out flat as a carpet.  If your point is that if the earth were a disc He would have said disc, then why do you not use that same reasoning and say if the earth were a sphere He would have said sphere?  He did not say sphere.

Because a sphere is a circle.

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 08:12:57 PM »

Subhaanallah Indeeedd.

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »

Subhaanallah Indeeedd.

The descriptions in these versus were written by philosophers in a time prior to the technology era where we have ways to explore the phenomenon that we experience with our senses. Much of what you read should be taken with a grain of salt and not as literal fact.
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein