Offline beardo

• View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls Online/General Elder Scrolls Discussion
« Reply #1880 on: March 04, 2015, 02:29:54 PM »
Why doesn't the game tell you that you will literally suck ass and be a bumbling fuck with the skills you don't pick as major skills?

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.
You're not supposed to.

So you tried to game the system in a very dumb way, and it backfired. What terrible design. I think most people can CHIM hard enough to intuit that when the game asks for your "major" skills, it's asking for the ones that you wish to use the most.

It's not asking for skills you use the most, it's asking for skills that your character can use, it just gives a psuedo feeling of being able to do whatever you want. It doesn't even make logical sense. How can a person be a good marksman but have Parkinson's trying to kill a rat with a dagger?

Were you also maximally fatigued while fighting this rat?
It's a common noob mistake which I did myself the first time because the walking speed is so atrociously slow, even if you max out speed and pick The Steed, so you tend to want to run instead of walk.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:33:13 PM by beardo »
The Mastery.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 04, 2015, 03:35:19 PM »
So you tried to game the system in a very dumb way, and it backfired. What terrible design. I think most people can CHIM hard enough to intuit that when the game asks for your "major" skills, it's asking for the ones that you wish to use the most.

It's not asking for skills you use the most, it's asking for skills that your character can use, it just gives a psuedo feeling of being able to do whatever you want. It doesn't even make logical sense. How can a person be a good marksman but have Parkinson's trying to kill a rat with a dagger?

Were you also maximally fatigued while fighting this rat?

Assuming this means I had green bar left, the answer is no. I always ensured the stamina bar was full or close to it.

Holy fuck, how is Rushy this bad at video games?

Daaw, wittle blanko is upset dat wushy daws not like has fawrite gaem.

But my favourite game isn't Morrowind.

It's just baffling to me how you can have literally zero interests besides video games, yet you're still overwhelmed by simple RPG systems.

Okay.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:49:20 PM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 04, 2015, 04:03:39 PM »
Assuming this means I had green bar left, the answer is no. I always ensured the stamina bar was full or close to it.

Well that's good. It sounds like that's the one thing you didn't do horribly wrong. I suppose you just brought to the fight the Skyrim mentality that you can kill anything, at any level, with any weapon.

You do make a good point about the absurdity of being skilled with a bow and unskilled with a dagger, since they are logically basically the same thing.
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 04, 2015, 04:09:00 PM »
I'm not saying they're literally the same thing, but this isn't an armored and well trained knight I'm trying to fight, it is a rat. If you can't kill a rat with a dagger, something has to be seriously, physically wrong with you. We know that isn't the case because my character is strong enough to use a bow with a draw weight capable of killing things. It doesn't make physical sense for him to have trouble giving a rat a good stab.

In Skyrim and Oblivion skill is determined by the player. In Morrowind, the players skill has nothing to do with the equation. Whether or not you got something is pure chance. Morrowind had a bad system that modern games no longer use and for good reason.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:13:36 PM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 04, 2015, 04:13:38 PM »
I'm not saying they're literally the same thing, but this isn't an armored and well trained knight I'm trying to fight, it is a rat. If you can't kill a rat with a dagger, something has to be seriously, physically wrong with you. We know that isn't the case because my character is strong enough to use a bow with a draw weight capable of killing things. It doesn't make physical sense.

The rat is one of the most agile enemies in the game. That, combined with your ineptitude with short blades, leads to you missing a lot. That makes perfect sense. I guess it's confusing because dodges aren't represented graphically.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 04, 2015, 04:15:04 PM »
I'm not saying they're literally the same thing, but this isn't an armored and well trained knight I'm trying to fight, it is a rat. If you can't kill a rat with a dagger, something has to be seriously, physically wrong with you. We know that isn't the case because my character is strong enough to use a bow with a draw weight capable of killing things. It doesn't make physical sense for him to have trouble giving a rat a good stab.

In Skyrim and Oblivion skill is determined by the player. In Morrowind, the players skill has nothing to do with the equation. Whether or not you got something is pure chance. Morrowind had a bad system that modern games no longer use and for good reason.

They're really big rats.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 04, 2015, 04:16:09 PM »
You guys give up too easily.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 04:18:06 PM by Irushwithscvs »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 04, 2015, 04:17:57 PM »
What do you think "give up" means?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 04, 2015, 04:18:48 PM »
What do you think "give up" means?

It means this is yet another victory for FES.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 04, 2015, 04:19:26 PM »
You are literally retarded.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #1890 on: March 04, 2015, 04:25:56 PM »
Rushy rushes even when he actually has a valid point.  This is terrible.  But yeah, I think the combat would have been a lot less frustrating if there had been animations that properly depicted what was "supposed" to be really happening, like the enemy dodging or your attacks bouncing off their hide or armor.  There's just something incredibly annoying about seeing your attacks pass harmlessly through an enemy with that swishing noise.

In b4 they remake Morrowind?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 04, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »
I always have a valid point, it's just that I crush the opposition so easily they fear to engage me in the open field of battle, so I get bored.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 04, 2015, 04:37:59 PM »
Skywind looks great, and actually stands a good chance of being completed and released. The only thing I don't like about it is the developers' decision to add voice acting for every line in the game. Predictably, a lot of the acting is very mediocre.

I always have a valid point, it's just that I crush the opposition so easily they fear to engage me in the open field of battle, so I get bored.

I responded to your post and then you just pretended that I didn't and that I had given up. Kill you're self.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 04, 2015, 05:38:23 PM »
You talk about a big ass rat being very agile. I would be amazed if you maintained a straight face while typing it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #1894 on: March 04, 2015, 05:41:14 PM »
I bring up rats and I'm laughed at. Rushy steals my points and everyone kneels before him. What's going on here?

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 04, 2015, 05:49:01 PM »
You talk about a big ass rat being very agile. I would be amazed if you maintained a straight face while typing it.

Every enemy in the game has an agility attribute that plays a big part in determining their chance of being hit. The formula for determining evasion probability is ((Agility / 5) + (Luck / 10)) * (0.75 + 0.5 * Current Fatigue / Maximum Fatigue). Rats have high agility.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:50:37 PM by Particle Person »

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 04, 2015, 05:53:15 PM »
I don't care what mystical number the game assigned to it, it is a big ass fucking rat in a storage room. Unless it is teleporting around the room, I maintain the logic that you'd have to have a serious physical disability not to be able to stab it with a dagger.

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 04, 2015, 05:56:19 PM »
QQ more and get good I guess

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 04, 2015, 05:58:35 PM »
See this is why I pointed out that you gave up. You know your point sucks and aren't even going to put effort in defending it. This is Elite: Dangerous all over again.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 04, 2015, 05:58:49 PM »
Would you be able to stab a rat in real life while it's nimbly running around your feet on the floor? Because that's what the rats in Morrowind are doing. They're skipping and frolicing about while quickly moving in and out to bite your feet and legs. It's simply not animated. Rats are fucking fast, man.
The Mastery.