Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Re: Merely mistaken
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2016, 10:01:58 PM »
- Very good atmospheric condition are extremelly rare, particularly when doing "horizontal" observation. This is why any astronomer will prefer to observe object not to close to the horizon, because of the atmospheric turbulence. This leads to a real bad degradation of the image quality

Which is why they build the space observatories in remote spots away from air and light pollution, often on top of mountains. But then again, every single image of space taken, all the millions of them, have also been produced by NASA and other agents of evil to support the globe theory!
If Tom has such a fine telescopic lens, can he take some non-NASA pictures of the sky for us please!

So many people would be interested in how Tom achieved what he did.  He should release his method and telescope specs. Both amateurs and professionals would be very interested in learning how to achieve the results he did.

It would be much cheaper than having to do something like build an observatory in a remote location or put a telescope in orbit.

Maybe Tom was "Merely mistaken" (about the whole Flat Earth idea) and now cannot bring himself to admit it?

Offline Norr

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2016, 04:17:58 AM »
Believing what I believe doesn't change the way everything works. Let me just point out that unless you are off the Earth and looking down on it yourself, you will never know what it actually is. Its just not possible. We are too small.

Offline cel

• Think OUT of the box. Be a TRUTH SEEKER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2016, 10:09:04 AM »
Hello, people! ...who don't even have the courage to let their true identities or names be known... and yet trying to prove and convince people here of something truthful. At the start, there's already inconsistency. Anyway, for the fun of it, seeing how people here one-sidedly and narrow-mindedly defend their sides of the what's really the truth out there, I tried to get new line of reasoning and evidences/facts, but it's very disappointing as everything discussed and presented here has been already presented and arguably discussed somewhere here and in other fora. Nothing new! Everybody still went around the circle trying to catch each other's behind. :) .... Hey, wake up!  Each of you people has a point! Tom and his colleagues have a point. And rabinoz, et.al. also have a point.. You all have points, but can't you ever see that all your (repeated) arguments and evidences/observations are valid based on which frame of mind or mindset you have, GE or FE? Why can't both sides or parties cooperate and join together to prove once and for all what the earth really is? And be a real truth seeker, not a debater or arguer all your life. For example, re earth's curvature, go further beyond 200 miles away from a seashore using high powered telescope mutually agreed upon and proper calculations, and be brave and humble enough to accept the real truth, GE, FE or something else. Tom in this forum has a point in presenting his views on how things about GE had transpired or came to be. Rabinoz, in trying to prove his globe-based reasoning and facts, has also a point just like other FEs here in their posts.

Pls elevate the discussion to the next level to find the truth, and nothing but the truth...an irrefutable and indubitable truth out there... maybe the level of analytical, intellectual and/or imaginative faculty among people here just does not have that capacity.... one way of knowing, try answering my question below.... :)
You may wish to decipher how many squares are there in the 4x4 matrix of my profile image. If you do, tell me! That way I can tell if you really have an imaginative/creative mind that knows how to think out of the box. If you got it right, you've got great potential of becoming a genuine Truth Seeker! Welcome then to the Truth Seeker's group!

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2016, 11:18:28 AM »
. . . . . . . . . . .
For example, re earth's curvature, go further beyond 200 miles away from a seashore using high powered telescope mutually agreed upon and proper calculations, and be brave and humble enough to accept the real truth, GE, FE or something else.
. . . . . . . . . . .

I think you've hit on something both GE and FE will agree on!

Both of us would agree that if we go "further beyond 200 miles away from a seashore using high powered telescope" we will see nothing but haze[1].

That distance happens to about the visibility limit due to Rayleigh scattering in perfectly clear air and I don't know anywhere where we might approach even that.

Still, your telescope at a much shorter distance would be instructive.

[1] Of course GEers would claim that curvature would also limit visibility much earlier than that.

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2016, 02:31:50 PM »
Hello, people! ...who don't even have the courage to let their true identities or names be known... and yet trying to prove and convince people here of something truthful. At the start, there's already inconsistency. Anyway, for the fun of it, seeing how people here one-sidedly and narrow-mindedly defend their sides of the what's really the truth out there, I tried to get new line of reasoning and evidences/facts, but it's very disappointing as everything discussed and presented here has been already presented and arguably discussed somewhere here and in other fora. Nothing new! Everybody still went around the circle trying to catch each other's behind. :) .... Hey, wake up!  Each of you people has a point! Tom and his colleagues have a point. And rabinoz, et.al. also have a point.. You all have points, but can't you ever see that all your (repeated) arguments and evidences/observations are valid based on which frame of mind or mindset you have, GE or FE? Why can't both sides or parties cooperate and join together to prove once and for all what the earth really is? And be a real truth seeker, not a debater or arguer all your life. For example, re earth's curvature, go further beyond 200 miles away from a seashore using high powered telescope mutually agreed upon and proper calculations, and be brave and humble enough to accept the real truth, GE, FE or something else. Tom in this forum has a point in presenting his views on how things about GE had transpired or came to be. Rabinoz, in trying to prove his globe-based reasoning and facts, has also a point just like other FEs here in their posts.

Pls elevate the discussion to the next level to find the truth, and nothing but the truth...an irrefutable and indubitable truth out there... maybe the level of analytical, intellectual and/or imaginative faculty among people here just does not have that capacity.... one way of knowing, try answering my question below.... :)
Proofs of the truth (globe earth) exists in myriads.

It's the desperate claim that each and every space program are faking those photos, including all the amateur shots from ~30-35km altitude that makes you disregard them as proofs. Quite childish and entitled when you think about it.

Also, my forum alias is my middle name, quite an uncommon one as well. Kenni Andruszkow Poulsen if you must know.
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2016, 01:27:36 AM »
Hello, people! ...who don't even have the courage to let their true identities or names be known...
...says the person with no personal identifying information on their profile.  You want courage?  Then inspire us by showing some yourself, "cel", or whatever your name really is! 
(DO NOT ACTUALLY DO THIS.  This board has some clear nutcases participating - I leave it to your own judgment to decide who those are - and you don't want them to have your real name.)

Each of you people has a point! Tom and his colleagues have a point. And rabinoz, et.al. also have a point.. You all have points, but can't you ever see that all your (repeated) arguments and evidences/observations are valid based on which frame of mind or mindset you have, GE or FE?
This isn't one of those things, where both sides are partly right.  The earth either IS FLAT, or it IS NOT.  There is no middle position.  This isn't Schrodinger's cat, both alive and dead until we open the box and look.  This is the earth.  The box is open, we've been looking for thousands of years, the probability wave has collapsed and the earth has one true shape.

maybe the level of analytical, intellectual and/or imaginative faculty among people here just does not have that capacity....
I don't know, the FE side is nothing if not imaginative in their efforts to force real world observations to fit onto their flat earth, nearby and tiny sun model...

one way of knowing, try answering my question below.... :)
Answering a grade school puzzle is hardly a test of anything.   ;)
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Norr

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2016, 02:27:12 AM »
None of us truly knows. Anyone on this forum who claims they know the absolute truth is a damn dirty liar and delusional as well. Unless you are God you personally will never with 100% certainty know.

No one can argue that because literally Zero people here have seen the full earth with their own eyes. This entire thread is a moot point and also just bait for people to be trolled.

geckothegeek

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2016, 07:10:23 PM »
None of us truly knows. Anyone on this forum who claims they know the absolute truth is a damn dirty liar and delusional as well. Unless you are God you personally will never with 100% certainty know.

No one can argue that because literally Zero people here have seen the full earth with their own eyes. This entire thread is a moot point and also just bait for people to be trolled.

I don't know about the 100% certainty, but I  believe anyone with a reasonable knowledge of geography plus a reasonable amount of some experience knows that the earth is a globe to a  reasonable amount of certainty. 
And I believe that anyone knows that earth is not some flat disc to a reasonable  amount of certainty.
I also believe that most people believe that this website is just another "spoof website" to a reasonable amount of certainty.

Here is another question for The Flat Earth Society.
On the flat earth, how is the distance to the horizon calculated ?

I have never seen the Eiffel Tower with my own eyes. But I have seen it in pictures in movies and photographs. Does that mean that I don't know it exists to a 100% certainty ?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 07:58:29 PM by geckothegeek »

Offline Norr

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2016, 08:42:59 PM »

I don't know about the 100% certainty, but I  believe anyone with a reasonable knowledge of geography plus a reasonable amount of some experience knows that the earth is a globe to a  reasonable amount of certainty. 
And I believe that anyone knows that earth is not some flat disc to a reasonable  amount of certainty.
I also believe that most people believe that this website is just another "spoof website" to a reasonable amount of certainty.

Here is another question for The Flat Earth Society.
On the flat earth, how is the distance to the horizon calculated ?

I have never seen the Eiffel Tower with my own eyes. But I have seen it in pictures in movies and photographs. Does that mean that I don't know it exists to a 100% certainty ?

Technically yes? But to argue on that is redundant hairsplitting. I was just making a pointless point.

Offline Boots

• ---- Cogito, ergo sum. ---- -Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2016, 07:25:21 AM »

I was just making a pointless point.
How sharp is the point on a pointless point?
“There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them.” - George Orwell

Offline rabinoz

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2016, 09:05:41 AM »

I hope this is not a pointless point, but it is not the Flat Earthers on this or TheFlatEarth site that are a threat in any way. They mainly keep to themselves, with not a lot of publicity other than occasionally appearing on TV etc.

The real rot is in the Flat Earth YouTube videos. Most demonstrate a complete ignorance of the Globe and of basic Physics.

We get silly videos about "Aircraft gyroscopes prove a Flat Earth" and about toy gyroscopes "proving the Flat Earth".
Then someone finds a spot where his car seems to roll uphill and claims it "debunks gravity", well if it did it would debunk UA as well!

There have been some trying to use "crepuscular rays" to prove a nearby sun, but if what they claim was true, the in one case at least the sun would be about 2 km high over a lake (sorry laddie, loch) in Scotland

geckothegeek

« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2016, 04:56:59 PM »

I hope this is not a pointless point, but it is not the Flat Earthers on this or TheFlatEarth site that are a threat in any way. They mainly keep to themselves, with not a lot of publicity other than occasionally appearing on TV etc.

The real rot is in the Flat Earth YouTube videos. Most demonstrate a complete ignorance of the Globe and of basic Physics.

We get silly videos about "Aircraft gyroscopes prove a Flat Earth" and about toy gyroscopes "proving the Flat Earth".
Then someone finds a spot where his car seems to roll uphill and claims it "debunks gravity", well if it did it would debunk UA as well!

There have been some trying to use "crepuscular rays" to prove a nearby sun, but if what they claim was true, the in one case at least the sun would be about 2 km high over a lake (sorry laddie, loch) in Scotland

And there have been some saying that the sun was just behind those trees.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2016, 12:24:28 PM »
Scientific interpretations about the world are skewed under the dogma of a round earth, and elaborate phenomena and explanations are invented whenever an observation contradicts the status quo.

Why are scientific interpretations regarding round Earth the only interpretations being dragged down by ancient dogma passed on by hundreds of generations?  Since the inception of the Scientific Method all dogmas of generations before where/are defeated and/or abandoned as they were/are shown to be wrong.  Why is the round Earth dogma the only one which has stood the test of time?  What makes it special?

Equating astronomy and astrology?  Have you ever heard the phrase "wronger than wrong"?

How long has it actually been that anybody declared that the world was perfectly round?  You also seem to forget that gravity is influenced by mass, not shape.  You are also, purposely, phrasing your statement incorrectly.  The gravity map of Earth shows Earth as not perfectly spherical because it is representative of the varying gravity as measured at various points.

Pilots fly a preplanned path!  The sacrilege of such an action!  How dare they?!  Do you not also travel by foot, bicycle, car or any other method via a preplanned path?  Or do you randomly wander around until you finally reach your destination?  I'm not entirely sure how this is an argument for FE or against RE.  As for shortest distance and according to the FE map there are a number of locations in the United States which would greatly benefit from a shortened flight path directly over the North Pole when flying to Europe.  In fact I've made many flights from a location which would have benefitted when going to Europe and I have yet to see the North Pole.  I guess the only recourse is to chalk this up to a conspiracy by the airlines to make more money off its passengers.

What point are you even trying to make regarding satellite communications?  How does this have anything to do with supporting FE?

So, NASA was created by some shadow organization for some nefarious purpose prior to which point nobody on Earth had any idea of what the Earth looked like but NASA went ahead and projected Earth as a sphere because the people expected to see a sphere.  Gotcha.

How is it a coincidence that the U.S. put a satellite in orbit just shortly after Russia?  That's what the race was all about.  Both countries were working on capability, Russia beat us to the punch.  What does this prove?  As for the failures of the space program, would you have it that everything about it should have been fully formed, functional and without incident from its inception to now?  How many other human endeavors can make the same claim? 

Since you guys like to stand so proudly on the shoulders of Rowbotham let's look at one of his failures.

He proposed using Earth's rotation as the prime mover for air travel.  His proposal was to launch an airship, keep it stationary via some method and let Earth rotate under it until the desired destination was reached.  Needless to say, this was an utter failure.

Now, by the logic you use regarding NASA's failure and that they shouldn't be trusted because of them, the entirety of FET collapses under the weight of Rowbotham's spectacular failure.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2016, 12:37:36 PM »

Only as sharp as the individual making the point.

Offline CableDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2016, 12:39:38 PM »

You seek the truth but how do you know it when you find it?  Do you merely cobble disparate pieces together to get something you agree with and label it as the truth?