Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Malaysians lose another one
« on: December 28, 2014, 05:18:38 PM »
WTF!?!?  Losing 3 planes in one year?  That can't be a good thing.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/12/28/airasia-jet-missing-qz8501/20964441/
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Malaysians lose another one
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 05:21:17 PM »
...What? This had nothing to do with Malaysia or Malaysian Airlines.

Nevermind. Apparently AirAsia is Malaysian.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 05:24:51 PM by Irushwithscvs »

Thork

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 05:24:03 PM »
Its mostly down to them kicking all the European ex-pats out of the jobs in favour of local rich kids that come over to the UK to do a course, are terrible at it and don't know how to fly properly.

Some of the foreign students I knew were frightening. They did the dumbest things and had absolutely no common sense whatsoever.

But that won't come out as affirmative action is good and suggesting old white guys with 30 years experience are better than 18 y/o locals is racist.

Ghost of V

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 05:42:13 PM »
How are they still operating?

Rama Set

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 07:39:31 PM »
Its mostly down to them kicking all the European ex-pats out of the jobs in favour of local rich kids that come over to the UK to do a course, are terrible at it and don't know how to fly properly.

Some of the foreign students I knew were frightening. They did the dumbest things and had absolutely no common sense whatsoever.

But that won't come out as affirmative action is good and suggesting old white guys with 30 years experience are better than 18 y/o locals is racist.

Why don't you just suggest that taking on responsible pilots is better than nepotism?That seemed to
be the thrust of your post until the surprise ending.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 08:12:39 PM »

Except we haven't even found MH370 yet and MH17 was the result of careless rebels.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 09:07:05 PM »
The story is nothing to worry about, it's just another hoax. :o
God is real.

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 07:33:55 AM »
Wow. That's my first post. It's so exiting. Me from Malaysia you know.