Offline rooster

• View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Abortion
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2022, 03:34:31 PM »
I don't see why this is so hard to figure out.

What about men?  Could tell them not to have sex too.
Semen is always encouraged to flow freely and abundantly. Shame we still don't have male birth control.

Rama Set

« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2022, 03:45:09 PM »

Semen is always encouraged to flow freely and abundantly. Shame we still don't have male birth control.

I saw an article talking about male birth control being tested. COMING SOONTM!

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2022, 03:51:01 PM »

I can confirm this strategy works from a lifetime of experience with women who employ it.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2022, 03:52:41 PM »
They've been working on them for awhile, but are slow going because of side effects which women already deal with when taking birth control. Which is good, but I wish they'd take this kind of care with female birth control.

Most compounds currently undergoing clinical trials target the male sex hormone testosterone, which could lead to side effects such as weight gain, depression and increased low-density lipoprotein (known as LDL) cholesterol levels. “We wanted to develop a non-hormonal male contraceptive to avoid these side effects,”
https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/pressroom/newsreleases/2022/march/non-hormonal-pill-could-soon-expand-mens-birth-control-options.html
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 03:54:23 PM by rooster »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2022, 05:11:01 PM »
Male birth control exists.
Its called a condom.  Men just hate it.

Also, vasectamy. Totally reversable but ya know... Thats evil to suggest men get them until they want kids.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2022, 05:30:29 PM »

There's a form of male birth control, it's called the backdoor option.

If Tom Bishop really cared about babies then he'd be preaching to the congregation the value of sodomy.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2022, 05:31:46 PM »

Also, vasectamy. Totally reversable but ya know... Thats evil to suggest men get them until they want kids.
Condoms are more prone to failure than other forms of birth control, but yeah are generally good sense to use for STDs. Vasectomy reversals can be pricey and there is about a 90-95% chance of success on top of it being a surgery which a lot of people aren't super comfortable with. Men tend to get vasectomies when they're done having kids rather than temporary birth control which is understandable.

So obviously I'm talking about medication - something that would help put the shared burden on guys instead of assuming all women are or should be on hormonal birth control.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 05:34:09 PM by rooster »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2022, 06:31:45 PM »

Condoms are more prone to failure than other forms of birth control, but yeah are generally good sense to use for STDs. Vasectomy reversals can be pricey and there is about a 90-95% chance of success on top of it being a surgery which a lot of people aren't super comfortable with. Men tend to get vasectomies when they're done having kids rather than temporary birth control which is understandable.

So obviously I'm talking about medication - something that would help put the shared burden on guys instead of assuming all women are or should be on hormonal birth control.

Condoms fail when people put then on wrong.  Or buy the wrong size.  Or wear two at once like an idiot.
Otherwise they work really well. I trust it over any medication.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2022, 07:25:47 PM »
Condoms fail when people put then on wrong.  Or buy the wrong size.  Or wear two at once like an idiot.
Yes and my point is that women have birth control pills and they're more heavily relied upon than condoms so there's no reason men shouldn't also have birth control pills if the science allows it.

Obviously if everyone wore condoms correctly every time they had sex we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2022, 08:26:11 PM »
Condoms fail when people put then on wrong.  Or buy the wrong size.
They only go up to XXL, what am I supposed to do?

Also, is Tom an Incel? Would explain a lot.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2022, 09:30:16 PM »
Yes and my point is that women have birth control pills and they're more heavily relied upon than condoms so there's no reason men shouldn't also have birth control pills if the science allows it.

Obviously if everyone wore condoms correctly every time they had sex we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Oh I agree.
But if a guy says "It's ok, I'm on the pill" would you really wanna trust him?  I sure as hell wouldn't. 

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2022, 09:59:58 PM »
Condoms fail when people put then on wrong.  Or buy the wrong size.
They only go up to XXL, what am I supposed to do?

Also, is Tom an Incel? Would explain a lot.

Not me, I wrap up with a small, then medium, L, then wrap two XL magnums around those, makes my dong a little lotta bit girthier ferda

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2022, 11:31:55 PM »
Oh I agree.
But if a guy says "It's ok, I'm on the pill" would you really wanna trust him?  I sure as hell wouldn't.
Society has to get better at teaching guys not to sexually assault people. If you lie about being on birth control and subsequently impregnate someone, I'm pretty sure that checks the sexual assault boxes.

It also doesn't have to be an exclusionary choice. Condoms AND a pill for men AND a pill for women is a great way for everyone to stay safe, have fun, avoid diseases, and not make surprise babies. "And" is ok, maybe even great. "Or" leaves a lot of room for human error, malice, and in-the-moment selfishness to cause long lasting life changes.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 11:33:54 PM by Clyde Frog »

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 20, 2022, 02:32:22 AM »
Dude, A woman can tell me that she's on the pill, that she's a virgin, or whatever. I wear a condom.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Rama Set

« Reply #254 on: June 14, 2022, 10:12:05 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/theliamnissan/status/1536779021010276355

If this is true, I wonder if Lauren will be contrite or pivot to whinging about MSM? This is being released by the same PAC that released info on Madison Cawthorn so it’s not something I will dismiss out of hand but I’m not getting out my pitchfork.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2022, 04:32:26 AM »
That seems a bit much.  If there were any truth to it then the MSM would be all over it.

Rama Set

« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2022, 09:41:45 AM »
That seems a bit much.  If there were any truth to it then the MSM would be all over it.

Does it?  Any weirder than the events with Madison Cawthorn? Women doing sex work in hard times isn’t that weird, and becoming pregnant in sex work also isn’t that weird. You’re right that the MSM would be all over it if they can corroborate the story and maybe that process is in place.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2022, 11:02:43 AM »
I know nothing about this woman but if she did this in the distant past (10 years+) and changed her stance, thats fine.  I don't agree but we shouldn't shame people for changing their minds.

The other stuff?  Yeah, totally a target for criticism.

Rama Set

« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2022, 11:14:05 AM »
I know nothing about this woman but if she did this in the distant past (10 years+) and changed her stance, thats fine.  I don't agree but we shouldn't shame people for changing their minds.

I think you’re right.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2022, 10:16:21 PM »

The issue isn't whether or not she changed her mind.  It's the typical, "I got mine. Fuck you!" conservative Republican hypocrisy that's the issue.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University