Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
Proof positive the earth is flat
« on: May 16, 2021, 01:18:48 AM »
No one can post evidence of shooting stars or meteors moving up in the sky. Because as is explained, the earth is FLAT.

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Proof positive the earth is flat
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 07:57:19 AM »
Literally the first video I found has some footage which shows them going in all directions, some upwards.

???
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Kokorikos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 08:12:21 AM »

Go to 0:45 of this video and there is one clearly going up.

Note that all shooting stars are just dust particles or small rocks that burn in the Earth's atmosphere.
The ones that appear to go up only do this because of the observer's perspective. They actually also fall towards Earth.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 08:36:48 AM »
Can we take a couple of steps back and at least agree on the definition of "up"?

The footage presented here clearly does not show meteors moving "up" in the RET sense of the term, i.e. away from the Earth, perpendicular to its surface at that point. In fact, the two RET commenters so far seem to think that the top of the camera frame is what defines "up", even when this is seemingly parallel to the Earth's surface (even when the OP's video specifically asks not to make that mistake). With such a loose and ultimately pointless definition, anything can be made to move "up".

More importantly, I am unconvinced that the absence of meteors moving up (that is, directly away from the Earth) is a problem for RET at all. Almost any such meteor would have had to pass through the Earth or originate there, so it's only normal that these wouldn't be common.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 08:39:27 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 09:24:22 AM »
I took up to mean...well, upwards with respect to the horizon. The footage posted in this thread shows them going in all directions. I don’t think there’s any which show them going upwards perpendicular to the horizon. Pretty sure that would be possible to observe on a globe, but you’d have to be perfectly aligned with the direction of the object which makes it unlikely.

I’m not clear why the video in the OP claims this is an issue.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 10:03:37 AM »
I’m not clear why the video in the OP claims this is an issue.
Yeah, other niggles aside, we agree on that much. It sounds to me like the author had fixated on something he found intuitive, but he didn't really explain his reasoning, and I'm not seeing the connection.

The video linked in the OP is a re-upload of someone whose YT account has since been closed. They claim there was a response video to "the globe zealots who think they see meteors going up", but only provide a link to the now-deleted account. If anyone has a copy or recalls what the argument was, that could be interesting.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Kokorikos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 01:04:39 PM »
With up I also understood it as upwards.
I do not believe that any of the videos in this thread prove that the Earth cannot be round.
They do not disprove FE either.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 05:04:45 PM »
Thank you for the CGI and none coming up from horizon. We've all been outdoors at night and none EVER to straight up from the distance horizon.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Kokorikos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 08:17:47 PM »
Thank you for the CGI and none coming up from horizon. We've all been outdoors at night and none EVER to straight up from the distance horizon.

How do you know that the videos are CGI?

Rama Set

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 10:18:46 PM »

This video shows multiple asteroids that are going “up” from the horizon at some angle or another.

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 11:01:00 PM »

Moment please. I read your reply and believe I may of some humble assistance.

Mr J-Man, consider this. How many times have you seen shower of rain travel upwards from the distant horizon or where you are standing under a cloud? The same principle Mr J-Man apply also to meteorite shower. All showers travel down, not up, Mr J-Man.

Rama Set

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 11:05:58 PM »

Mr J-Man, consider this. How many times have you seen shower of rain travel upwards from the distant horizon or where you are standing under a cloud? The same principle Mr J-Man apply also to meteorite shower. All showers travel down, not up, Mr J-Man.

No, there are circumstances where a meteor could appear to emerge from behind the horizon and travel “up” in your field of vision.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2021, 11:25:38 PM »

No, there are circumstances where a meteor could appear to emerge from behind the horizon and travel “up” in your field of vision.

Yes, Mr Rama Set. You are absolutely correct. But, your operative words are, "could appear" to emerge from behind horizon and travel up.

Consider this: We only see meteorites because of the air friction as the rock from outer space travels down, increasing speed and friction, causing the meteor to heat up and glow brightly. For us to see meteorite, meteorite must be travelling down towards earth surface. Otherwise, meteorite is not meteorite. It is called, asteroid. Meteorites that appear to travel up, merely enter earth atmosphere on angle as they are really travelling down. An upward meteorite is an optical illusion, Mr. Rama Set.

Rama Set

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2021, 12:01:29 AM »

Yes, Mr Rama Set. You are absolutely correct. But, your operative words are, "could appear" to emerge from behind horizon and travel up.

Consider this: We only see meteorites because of the air friction as the rock from outer space travels down, increasing speed and friction, causing the meteor to heat up and glow brightly. For us to see meteorite, meteorite must be travelling down towards earth surface. Otherwise, meteorite is not meteorite. It is called, asteroid. Meteorites that appear to travel up, merely enter earth atmosphere on angle as they are really travelling down. An upward meteorite is an optical illusion, Mr. Rama Set.

You were the only person I wasn’t sure knew what we were talking about. I’m happy you do.

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2021, 07:35:17 PM »

So the rule is... if you cant understand it, it must be fake?

Got it
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?