Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2021, 04:36:55 PM »
JSS seems to think if I get vaccinated, it stops me spreading the disease. It doesn't. He says I'm selfish. He's wrong. Me being vaccinated or not only effects one person ... me.

No, it affects everyone you might infect due to not getting the vaccine.  I already said it's not 100% effective, but 95% is pretty damn good, it's what is needed to halt the spread and stop it from killing so many people. But only if enough people take it.

But you care about nobody but yourself.  What you do affects others, and if it makes you feel guilty maybe you should just take the damn vaccine instead of trying to convince yourself it's all fine and nothing to worry about.

Don't worry... hopefully enough other people will take it to keep you and those you care about safe since you're unwilling or too ignorant or simply too cowardly.  All three?

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2021, 04:47:27 PM »
I recently recovered from covid. 2/10 would not recommend. My symptoms were moderate with only a couple of days bad enough worry me that it might get real bad. Then it went away. Assuming I don't have scarred lungs or damaged organs I don't know about, it was much easier than the actual flu.

Still going to get the vaccine, but am much less worried about dying in the meantime. Given the number of variants we are already seeing, I imagine covid is just going to become a part of life, much like the flu where the annual flu shot is based on the most prevalent strain(s) that year.

I can't really fault someone for not wanting the current vaccine if their decision is based on phase 3 trials being much shorter than any other medication on the market and doing their own risk analysis. I am not sure how many of those people there are compared to the people who think there is a 5G modem in the vaccine and that the government will be monitoring and controlling you forever (not sure why they would even need that since everyone has a smartphone).

TL;DR - Got the 'vid, didn't die. Will get the vaccine, but don't blame certain people for not getting it. The anti-vax crowd are giant douches and will eventually remove themselves from the gene pool when something more deadly eventually comes along.

Rama Set

« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2021, 04:51:35 PM »
I don’t blame informed people for not getting it, just people like Thork.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2021, 05:28:18 PM »
I recently recovered from covid.

Still going to get the vaccine.

Why? You are already immune. How do you think you recovered from the disease instead of dying? Your body developed antibodies to overcome coronavirus. What does a vaccine do? Helps you develop antibodies to overcome the virus.

I feel like the collective world has take an IQ bath and washed away all common sense and powers of reasoning.

I already said it's not 100% effective, but 95% is pretty damn good,
It is 95% effective at provoking an immune response from you after 2 doses. It is not 95% effective at stopping you spreading the disease. These are not the same things. This is like saying I can long jump 5 metres. Therefore I can high jump 5 metres. You are comparing apples and pears.

Getting vaccinated does not make me less contagious. I already linked you my government telling me that on their 'terrify the public' website.

For those still struggling.
You get the vaccine. It has the same protein coating as the actual disease. Your body goes ... mmm ... ok. That's not part of my body. Its foreign. I'll kill it. Bodies are pretty xenophobic like that.
Now, your body remembers that protein. The next time it sees it it jumps into action and says "I already told you to fucking die!  >o<".

This is where it gets complicated. Put your finger under the words and mouth them out loud for easier comprehension. You go out after being vaccinated and someone coughs on you. The coronavirus enters your body. Its right there. You are now contagious and can give other people the disease. Your body makes short work of it, having seen it before. But you coughed on a little old lady and she died anyway. The vaccine made no difference.
Three weeks later you go out and you French kiss a sailor. His beard feels warm and comforting. But your body suddenly realises something is wrong. You got covid again. "Die motherfucking covid  >o<" yells your body and kills it all over again. But not before you sneezed on a tramp and killed him too.

BEING VACCINATED DOESN'T PROTECT OTHER PEOPLE FROM YOU. IT ONLY PROTECTS YOU.

If you already had the disease, you already have that protection. The proof of this being that you aren't dead. IE you had an immune response that was successful. Ergo, you don't need to be vaccinated. Any 'scientist' claiming you do is lying to either flog more drugs, frighten people who had a flu and thought they had covid or because they are dumb ... which many scientists are these days because when you send literally everyone to uni and give almost all a degree ... you lower the bar to the point stupid scientists are everywhere.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 05:30:24 PM by Toddler Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Rama Set

« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2021, 05:39:51 PM »
It’s not true that being vaccinated doesn’t inhibit the spread of a disease at all. Limiting your viral load reduces the chance of transmission.  A quick and efficient immune response limits the window in which you could possibly be infectious.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2021, 05:43:34 PM »
Why? You are already immune. How do you think you recovered from the disease instead of dying? Your body developed antibodies to overcome coronavirus. What does a vaccine do? Helps you develop antibodies to overcome the virus.
I am currently "trusting the science" in that the recent data I have seen implies the antibodies may not last all that long. If that isn't the case as more data comes in, I will reevaluate. I doubt I will be able to get the vaccine for at least several months anyway, so I will have plenty of time to consider my position.

I feel like the collective world has take an IQ bath and washed away all common sense and powers of reasoning.
Yes, anyone who doesn't share your opinion must be a low-IQ, irrational smoothbrain incapable of reason.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2021, 05:48:54 PM »
It’s not true that being vaccinated doesn’t inhibit the spread of a disease at all. Limiting your viral load reduces the chance of transmission.  A quick and efficient immune response limits the window in which you could possibly be infectious.
The manufacturer has literally said that they don't know that. How is it that you know that? You know more about Pfizer's drugs than Pfizer?

How do you know more than all the leading experts?
Quote from: https://fortune.com/2020/12/22/covid-vaccine-infectious-face-masks-transmission/
It’s surprising, but experts agree: The tens of thousands of people being vaccinated against the coronavirus right now may still be able to carry and transmit the SARS-CoV-2 virus to others, despite being well-protected against the symptoms of COVID-19 themselves. That means they must still wear masks and practice social distancing to protect those around them.

I am currently "trusting the science" in that the recent data I have seen implies the antibodies may not last all that long.
Oh, you're looking for a life-long subscription to Pfizer's latest drug. An annual booster like a little old lady getting her flu shots. I need to become a Pfizer shareholder. I had no idea people were this foolish.

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2021, 06:03:56 PM »
science: we're not certain of the full extent to which the vaccine will prevent the spread of covid, but preventing yourself from becoming a covid factory is probably helpful.

thork: this is apodictic proof that the vaccine cannot prevent transmission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111123
I have visited from prestigious research institutions of the highest caliber, to which only our administrator holds with confidence.

Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2021, 06:05:40 PM »
Thork, it seems like you've allowed yourself to understand just enough to form a really shitty opinion on the subject   ::)

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2021, 06:12:27 PM »
Thork, it seems like you've allowed yourself to understand just enough to form a really shitty opinion on the subject   ::)
The penny has dropped, hasn't it? I'm right. And now you see how stupid getting the vaccine is if you are healthy. Which by the way You are going to be encouraged to get this vaccine every single year for the rest of forever.

Every year, regular as clockwork, you'll queue up and stick some pharma gunge you don't need into you and someone somewhere will get rich.

Now you don't like that I'm right. I'm going against all the angels you love like Biden and Merkel and the WHO and Ursula von der thingymabob. But they backed themselves into a corner with these lockdowns and the only credibility they can muster to unlock their countries is to pretend this vaccine is a magic bullet. And yes, it puts you on the evil side of the world. The Thork side. One day I'll have you voting for a nationalist party. Slowly slowly ... one post at a time.

Rama Set

« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2021, 06:27:16 PM »
The penny has dropped, hasn't it? I'm right. And now you see how stupid getting the vaccine is if you are healthy. Which by the way You are going to be encouraged to get this vaccine every single year for the rest of forever.

Every year, regular as clockwork, you'll queue up and stick some pharma gunge you don't need into you and someone somewhere will get rich.

Now you don't like that I'm right. I'm going against all the angels you love like Biden and Merkel and the WHO and Ursula von der thingymabob. But they backed themselves into a corner with these lockdowns and the only credibility they can muster to unlock their countries is to pretend this vaccine is a magic bullet. And yes, it puts you on the evil side of the world. The Thork side. One day I'll have you voting for a nationalist party. Slowly slowly ... one post at a time.

Is today the day where you just take Rushy's lead and don't read the posts you are responding to?  It really seems like that is what you are doing.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2021, 08:24:28 PM »
I already linked you my government telling me that on their 'terrify the public' website.

Anti-vaxxers have to be some of the most ignorant, selfish, people on the planet.  I suppose we have modern medicine to thank for keeping these people alive despite their attempts to off themselves and everyone around them.

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2021, 02:02:06 AM »
RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore. Hard to imagine someone achieving that much at his age. Covid claimed another good good one.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2021, 02:07:41 AM »
RIP Captain Sir Tom Moore. Hard to imagine someone achieving that much at his age. Covid claimed another good good one.

FFS! He was 101 years old. It can't be a surprise he died. In his last year he got promoted to Colonel, got a telegram fromr The Queen for being 100, became a celebrity, got knighted by The Queen and received never ending praise ... for walking around his garden a few times! He can't complain about going out like that.

However, he claimed to be raising money for the NHS. You know what that is also called? A voluntary tax contribution. He fooled people into giving extra one off tax payments. Thank God for Covid. Finally starting to see some positives.  >:(

Offline Iceman

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2021, 02:24:45 AM »

FFS! He was 101 years old. It can't be a surprise he died. In his last year he got promoted to Colonel, got a telegram fromr The Queen for being 100, became a celebrity, got knighted by The Queen and received never ending praise ... for walking around his garden a few times! He can't complain about going out like that.

However, he claimed to be raising money for the NHS. You know what that is also called? A voluntary tax contribution. He fooled people into giving extra one off tax payments. Thank God for Covid. Finally starting to see some positives.  >:(

He was 100. It's not a surprise. Yep he had a big year.  Glad we can add 'raising £32M for the NHS' to the list of things Thork doesn't support! Par for the course I guess :-\

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2021, 02:35:27 AM »

He was 100. It's not a surprise. Yep he had a big year.  Glad we can add 'raising £32M for the NHS' to the list of things Thork doesn't support! Par for the course I guess :-\

It is a money hole. If you gave money for that, the government likely just took it and spent it on welfare or farmer subsidies. If you give the government £32m for healthcare ... they immediately think oh, we can now reallocate £32m for my pet project and build 2000 unicycle lanes in Birmingham or whatever stupid shit they think up next.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2021, 10:06:02 AM »
ITT: Thork does not know the difference between NHS Charities Together and the NHS. Some Briton, you are. ;)
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2021, 10:17:53 AM »
ITT: Thork does not know the difference between NHS Charities Together and the NHS. Some Briton, you are. ;)

NHS Charities cherry pick the best causes to screw the public out of money. The government then picks up the tab for everything that is left behind. Ergo, give £10 to an NHS charity and the government needs to find £10 less to provide a health service. It's a voluntary tax contribution.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2021, 10:23:18 AM »
Obviously he expressed it all in a particularly Thorky way, but there is a kernel of a reasonable point in there.
Isn't the NHS funded by my tax? Isn't that what National Insurance is for? If the government are under-funding it to the point that charities need to prop it up then shouldn't that be addressed.
Not having a go at Captain Tom, he was just a sweet old man who wanted to help out and good for him.
Although it is a bit random how what he did went viral, he ended up with a Number 1 single (although Michael Ball was doing a lot of the heavy lifting there) and getting a knighthood.
There were other people doing similar things and although some of them briefly made the news in the reflected glow of Captain Tom, they didn't go viral so ended up being forgotten.

But it was a feel good story of last year and there weren't many of those around so, overall, RIP Captain Tom
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2021, 10:40:22 AM »
If the government are under-funding it to the point that charities need to prop it up then shouldn't that be addressed.
Tory voters gonna vote Tory.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume