Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Finite Perspective and the Horizon Explained
« on: August 28, 2018, 11:11:02 PM »
I recently came across a video by StinkyCASH which, more or less, describes perspective and its finite nature.

Perspective is an oft-used reasoning FE'ers give when explaining why the sun sets or, sometimes, the sinking ship effect.

Runtime: 15 minutes.

The other branch of thought with does not use the perspective explanation is the Electromagnetic Accelerator theory.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:36:14 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Earth Perspective and Horizon Explained
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 11:15:50 PM »
For the record, in the past on the forums we have looked at the following video by p-Brane, which describes perspective in a similar way. p-Brane mainly focuses on the sunset. Runtime: 8 Minutes.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:32:34 PM by Tom Bishop »

Re: Finite Perspective and the Horizon Explained
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 04:43:14 PM »
Hey Tom. Still learning about flat earth. I look through the wiki and dont remember seeing. Maybe you or someone else can help?

What's the most commonly accepted avg view distance and maximum view distance under optimal conditions?

I understand sir density, humidity,polluted etc will decrease expected "horizon"

I'm guessing maximum would be around 60ish? Since we can see some cities across bodies of water?
Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it’s a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.

Perception is a guess or estimate of what is 'out there' depending on how we read the clues; therefore it can never be absolute and often is unreliable.

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 06:24:38 AM »
Why does a ship sailing away travel downwards instead of upwards as this diagram showed?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 11:05:08 AM »
Guys, this is not how Flat Earth Media works. If you have questions, ask them in the right place.

Locking thread.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume