Regicide

Flight to Antarctica
« on: May 25, 2020, 02:15:59 PM »
Browsing the internet, I found this experience: https://www.polar-quest.com/trips/antarctica/fly-to-the-south-pole-20202021, and thought that it is rather interesting. If the Unipolar Model is to be taken as true, then how can a trip to the South Pole not only happen, but happen regularly. My uncle took this very same trip, and has pictures at the pole. How does this fit into the Flat Earth Model?

Re: Flight to Antarctica
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 03:09:51 PM »
If I read that right, it's a little over FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!  :o  Even if I had that much to spare, I would find a much better use for it.  I guess I'll have to wait until I'm a millionaire to visit the south pole.

Regicide

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 03:58:02 PM »
My point wasn't that FE believers should use this to go to the South Pole, but rather that the existence of a trip to the south pole available to all with the means seems to be rather contradictory to the existence of some conspiracy. I'll accept your assertion that only a millionaire can visit the South Pole. There are currently 46.8 million millionaires in the world. That means that at least 46.8 million people are capable of visiting the South Pole if they so desire. Millionaires are powerful people, I feel that the world would hear if the people responsible for the trip took the 50,000 dollars and then kindly told the millionaires "Sorry, but the earth is actually flat, so we can't actually take you to the south pole. Here, have a commemorative beanie instead."

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 04:18:45 PM »
Your argument is backwards. You're asking us to explain how a travel agency "fits" into a certain shape of the Earth, yet you're the one who asserted that it does. The tone of your query (phrases like "if the Unipolar Model is to be taken as true, then how can a trip to the South Pole not only happen, but happen regularly") implies that you see this as a contradiction, but you've made no attempt to explain where the supposed issue lies.

To me, this sounds much like "I own a boat. How is that possible if the Earth is round? What gives?!"

Personally, I see nothing about organising trips to Antarctica that would contradict the monopole model, so I'm unable to assist with your question in its current form.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »
I'm not sure that these Antarctic advertisements and travel company claims are all necessarily entirely accurate and trustworthy.

There was an eleven thousand dollar flight which supposedly goes around the world from Pole to Pole. A YouTube user named greatersapien set up a Kickstarter and collected 20 thousand dollars from the public to "prove flat earth wrong". He collects the 20k, buys the ticket from the company, his camera equipment, and guess what happened? The company stopped responding to him and disappeared with the money.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 05:15:01 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 05:09:51 PM »
My point wasn't that FE believers should use this to go to the South Pole, but rather that the existence of a trip to the south pole available to all with the means seems to be rather contradictory to the existence of some conspiracy. I'll accept your assertion that only a millionaire can visit the South Pole. There are currently 46.8 million millionaires in the world. That means that at least 46.8 million people are capable of visiting the South Pole if they so desire. Millionaires are powerful people, I feel that the world would hear if the people responsible for the trip took the 50,000 dollars and then kindly told the millionaires "Sorry, but the earth is actually flat, so we can't actually take you to the south pole. Here, have a commemorative beanie instead."

Sure - I was really just commenting on myself.

There are a few celebrities that are FEers, and I'm sure are also millionaires.  It would be really nice of even one of them were to take this trip and then report what they saw.

Regicide

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 06:49:40 PM »
Personally, I see nothing about organising trips to Antarctica that would contradict the monopole model, so I'm unable to assist with your question in its current form.

The Monopole model asserts that Antarctica stretches all the way around the earth, with an Ice Wall as the boundary. However, Polar Quest offers trips not only to Antarctica, but to the Admunsen-Scott Station at the geographic South Pole. I apologize for not clarifying the contradiction earlier. The point is, this travel agency offers trips to the South pole, but by the very nature of the monopole model, there is no South pole.

I'm not sure that these Antarctic advertisements and travel company claims are all necessarily entirely accurate and trustworthy.

There was an eleven thousand dollar flight which supposedly goes around the world from Pole to Pole. A YouTube user named greatersapien set up a Kickstarter and collected 20 thousand dollars from the public to "prove flat earth wrong". He collects the 20k, buys the ticket from the company, his camera equipment, and guess what happened? The company stopped responding to him and disappeared with the money.

I will acknowledge that some of these companies can be corrupt, this is a risk for any consumer. However, Polar Quest, which offers the trip, also offers cruises to several other locations, and has been reviewed very positively. I also mentioned in my original post that my uncle took this very cruise and actually went to the geographic south pole. My family still has photos that he sent us.