Rama Set

Re: What did they think would be the end of the story?
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2021, 10:19:17 PM »
The left has done everything Trump and his supporters have done: propagate wild conspiracy theories (rUsSiAn cOlLuSiOn), protest and cause violence, whip up supporters into frenzies on Twitter, they both have militant terrorist factions, they both have constituents who subscribe to hateful, fundamentalist views. The difference is that the left are hailed as mostly peaceful civil rights heroes and largely get away with their bullshit. At least, social media giants and the MSM let them get away with it. If you don't see it, you're probably neck deep in delusion and Twitter blue checkmark propaganda.

No One:

Fortuna: The left is just as bad as the right, sheeple!!!

That being said, what you said is mostly accurate. We could debate about which motivations for illegal actions is more just, but it doesn’t seem worthwhile.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2021, 07:59:02 AM »
The left has done everything Trump and his supporters have done: propagate wild conspiracy theories (rUsSiAn cOlLuSiOn), protest and cause violence, whip up supporters into frenzies on Twitter, they both have militant terrorist factions, they both have constituents who subscribe to hateful, fundamentalist views. The difference is that the left are hailed as mostly peaceful civil rights heroes and largely get away with their bullshit. At least, social media giants and the MSM let them get away with it. If you don't see it, you're probably neck deep in delusion and Twitter blue checkmark propaganda.

Maybe but in fairness, Russia did try to influence the election (and likely succeded).  Trump hasn't shown any tangible evidence that Democrats rigged this election.

Also, we kinda stopped after the impeachment trial.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2021, 07:56:56 PM »
This pisses me off, it may have to go to Angry Ranting.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/politics/q-anon-shaman-judge-organic-food/index.html

I know all kinds of people who have been arrested for all kinds of things. None of them have ever been catered to like this.

That traitorous Putin Pawn snowflake should be fed dogshit. It is organic.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Rama Set

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2021, 08:54:57 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/politics/q-anon-shaman-judge-organic-food/index.html

I know all kinds of people who have been arrested for all kinds of things. None of them have ever been catered to like this.

To be fair, I think he does have some health issues and it's not just a snowflake request.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2021, 09:06:52 PM »

To be fair, I think he does have some health issues and it's not just a snowflake request.

Mental health issues for sure, which still makes him a snowflake, just a crazy one.

He should eat the same crap all the other inmates get.  There are zero medical conditions which require 'organic' food which is just a made up designation anyway.  ::)

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2021, 09:19:24 PM »
He should eat the same crap all the other inmates get.  There are zero medical conditions which require 'organic' food which is just a made up designation anyway.  ::)

Yeah!  When I got arrested, uh, I mean when my friend got arrested nobody gave a shit about any special dietary needs

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2021, 09:52:01 PM »

Mental health issues for sure, which still makes him a snowflake, just a crazy one.

Organic is not made up, actually.
"All Natural" is actually more made up (though really its just meaningless).  But Organic requires specific rules to call something organic.  And its not impossible that someone is allergic to some kind of pesticide commonly used.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2021, 10:38:54 PM »
Everything I've seen seemed to indicate it was more of a religious preference than anything else, because he claims to actually follow Shamanism and part of his belief is that he must eat organic food.

Rama Set

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2021, 10:49:34 PM »
Everything I've seen seemed to indicate it was more of a religious preference than anything else, because he claims to actually follow Shamanism and part of his belief is that he must eat organic food.

Yeah, I think I misunderstood the story I had seen earlier on.  Fuck him if he can't eat prison gruel.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2021, 11:01:22 PM »

"All Natural" is actually more made up (though really its just meaningless).  But Organic requires specific rules to call something organic.  And its not impossible that someone is allergic to some kind of pesticide commonly used.

Organic is totally made up.  The specific rules are made up, and pesticides are allowed in organic crops, sometimes the same ones in non-organic foods.  It's a total scam, I know farmers that run organic fields next to their non-organic fields because they can use the same pesticides on both. 

Worse, nobody actually tracks what pesticides organic farms use. 

As for being allergic to pesticides, they can be allergic to organic certified pesticides too, so no help there.

I highly doubt this guy is allergic to a pesticide, pesticide allergies are exceedingly rare.  Besides, even if he had an allergy he would be getting organic food because that is a valid medical condition.  He isn't claiming he is allergic, he's claiming he needs it to maintain his religious purity.

So this guy is just a snowflake. There is no legitimate reason he has to eat organic food.  I mean, what did he do 10 years ago when there wasn't any certified organic food?  No... he's a snowflake.  A whiny snowflake.

« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2021, 12:45:57 AM »
I agree that prisoners (or just those accused of crimes) do not deserve humane treatment of any kind and should be forced to eat the same substandard, non-nutritive, and pesticide/preservative poisoned shit the rest of the slaves do (and die of untimely organ failure from).

Rama Set

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2021, 01:54:04 AM »
I agree that prisoners (or just those accused of crimes) do not deserve humane treatment of any kind and should be forced to eat the same substandard, non-nutritive, and pesticide/preservative poisoned shit the rest of the slaves do (and die of untimely organ failure from).

Wow so edgy.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2021, 05:02:59 AM »

Organic is totally made up.  The specific rules are made up, and pesticides are allowed in organic crops, sometimes the same ones in non-organic foods.  It's a total scam, I know farmers that run organic fields next to their non-organic fields because they can use the same pesticides on both. 
https://www.ams.usda.gov/rules-regulations/organic/labeling

The USDA disagrees.  If your farmer friend is spraying unapproved pesticides on both crops and certifying his organic crop, kindly fire off an email so his ass can be fined. 

Worse, nobody actually tracks what pesticides organic farms use. 
Except the USDA.

As for being allergic to pesticides, they can be allergic to organic certified pesticides too, so no help there.

I highly doubt this guy is allergic to a pesticide, pesticide allergies are exceedingly rare.  Besides, even if he had an allergy he would be getting organic food because that is a valid medical condition.  He isn't claiming he is allergic, he's claiming he needs it to maintain his religious purity.

So this guy is just a snowflake. There is no legitimate reason he has to eat organic food.  I mean, what did he do 10 years ago when there wasn't any certified organic food?  No... he's a snowflake.  A whiny snowflake.
Religious exemption is a thing.  As for what he did.  Ever heard of "Kosher"? 

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2021, 12:16:24 PM »

It's only a thing for 'established religions' and he is claiming to be a shaman which is a specific thing.

Eating organic food isn't part of being a shaman.

Otherwise I could claim I can only eat pizza and burgers in jail because of my religion, which could be anything I wanted to pick. Or make up.

There are limits here, and he can claim all he wants he 'needs' organic food. But he doesn't.  He's just a whiny snowflake.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2021, 01:00:09 PM »

It's only a thing for 'established religions' and he is claiming to be a shaman which is a specific thing.

Otherwise I could claim I can only eat pizza and burgers in jail because of my religion, which could be anything I wanted to pick. Or make up.

There are limits here, and he can claim all he wants he 'needs' organic food. But he doesn't.  He's just a whiny snowflake.

Well then yes, I agree.
I thought he was Jewish.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2021, 12:21:18 AM »
I don't take issue with your declaration that he's being a big baby. But I think the statement above is heavily in "it really depends" world. The whole deal with being a shaman is having what you believe to be a very strong connection to nature and the land, and a sort of balance with eating what you need in a way that is in keeping with your place in nature. The fact that this guy is out very much attention-seeking and shit-stirring leads me to believe that he's probably not very well steeped in shamanic culture at all though, and is just running with an identity that was more or less thrust upon him because he was dressing like a weirdo and someone probably said "hey look at that shaman-looking guy saying all the crazy stuff over there!"

But here's where I guess I could see where the judge is coming from. If you're going to say "I don't believe this particular person is genuine in their plea for consideration based on religious needs," you best be prepared to litigate exactly where that line is, because the appeals are going to come in hot and fast, and it's going to be not just that person's lawyers now, but human rights attorneys that are chomping at the bit to make a big spectacle about the religious persecution that their new client is being made the victim of.

In short, fuck this guy in particular, but there are almost certainly other people that consider themselves shamans and believe it is their moral and religious obligation to eat organically.

Offline jimster

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2021, 01:25:07 AM »
The issue of whether Trump can be impeached after leaving office is not clear in the Constitution. Not interested in that argument.

i (op) wanted to know what they expected to happen after they rushed the capitol. No one answered that. I am curious about two things:

First, what impact would their actions have? Would Nancy Pelosi start supporting Trump out of fear? Would they kill her and Trump replace her with a Trump supporter? Why would they not continue as before after the emergency, or the people appointed to replace them do the same as before? How does this work to affect the future actions of the legislature? Would the entire govt be pulled down and replaced by the guy with the horns? He (or one of his compatriots) said something like "Well, we're here, we should pass some laws or something." How was that ever going to work?

Second, did they think they could beat a cop to death and just go home and continue life as usual?

I suspect they didn't think it through, I am guessing they were operating on pure emotion with no thought to the practical side of things. Like a gorilla beating his chest, with little more plan or intention.
I am really curious about so many FE things, like how at sunset in Denver, people in St Louis see the dome as dark with stars, while people in Salt Lake City see the same dome as light blue. FE scientists don't know or won't tell me.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2021, 09:42:40 AM »
The issue of whether Trump can be impeached after leaving office is not clear in the Constitution. Not interested in that argument.

i (op) wanted to know what they expected to happen after they rushed the capitol. No one answered that. I am curious about two things:

First, what impact would their actions have? Would Nancy Pelosi start supporting Trump out of fear? Would they kill her and Trump replace her with a Trump supporter? Why would they not continue as before after the emergency, or the people appointed to replace them do the same as before? How does this work to affect the future actions of the legislature? Would the entire govt be pulled down and replaced by the guy with the horns? He (or one of his compatriots) said something like "Well, we're here, we should pass some laws or something." How was that ever going to work?

Second, did they think they could beat a cop to death and just go home and continue life as usual?

I suspect they didn't think it through, I am guessing they were operating on pure emotion with no thought to the practical side of things. Like a gorilla beating his chest, with little more plan or intention.

1. They thought Trump was with them. So.. lol.
2. Mob mentality with no leader.  So they just did what each person thought to do.  Trash stuff, steal stuff, selfies, and some wanted to murder politicians.
3. No, they did not think things through.  They rarely do.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2021, 01:34:17 PM »
It's gotta hurt when truth and reality slap you down...

The Shaman a-hole has just woke up from life's bitch slap.

https://www.abc27.com/news/i-was-wrong-period-qanon-shaman-apologizes-for-entering-capitol/

Just like those dumbasses that spent money on the Donald's get-rich-quick VHS video series, there comes a moment when you finish the last of the five tapes and realize you've been screwed. He could have talked to any of the idiots that graduated Trump university years ago and they would have told him that Trump is a lying flim-flam man that has bankrupted everything he ever touched.

“I am deeply disappointed in former President Trump. He was not honorable. He let a lot of peaceful people down. I have to leave judging him up to other people,” said Chansley.

He also said his time in jail has allowed him to start to reanalyze his life. He said there was a lot that happened leading up to Jan. 6, and explained that he is trying to focus on what is important at this time, which is apologizing.

Good Morning Snowflake!

Can you imagine what he would tell the Trump supporters here?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »
It's gotta hurt when truth and reality slap you down...

The Shaman a-hole has just woke up from life's bitch slap.

https://www.abc27.com/news/i-was-wrong-period-qanon-shaman-apologizes-for-entering-capitol/

Just like those dumbasses that spent money on the Donald's get-rich-quick VHS video series, there comes a moment when you finish the last of the five tapes and realize you've been screwed. He could have talked to any of the idiots that graduated Trump university years ago and they would have told him that Trump is a lying flim-flam man that has bankrupted everything he ever touched.

“I am deeply disappointed in former President Trump. He was not honorable. He let a lot of peaceful people down. I have to leave judging him up to other people,” said Chansley.

He also said his time in jail has allowed him to start to reanalyze his life. He said there was a lot that happened leading up to Jan. 6, and explained that he is trying to focus on what is important at this time, which is apologizing.

Good Morning Snowflake!

Can you imagine what he would tell the Trump supporters here?

Before or after they brand him as a Traitor?