İntikam

Re: Is The Moon A Dormant Cold Sun?
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2016, 06:06:18 PM »
You think the moon is a photographic camera, because the Turkish and Arabic word for "moon" is the same as the word for "camera", am I understanding you?  There is a better explanation for the words being the same, you know: some three hundred years ago, it was discovered that you could project an image of the outside scene onto an inside wall of a dark room using a lens in the opposite wall.  This technique was given the name "camera obscura" from the Latin.  Eventually when this technique was miniaturized and turned into a portable device, the term "obscura" was dropped and the device became known simply as a camera.  "Obscura" meant "dark" and "Camera" meant "vaulted room" (and is the word origin for the English word "chamber" as well as the word for the photography device). 

You mention yourself that the Arab word for "moon" is far older than photography is, and therefore predates any possible references to photographic equipment.  It seems likely to me that the Arab word for one of objects high up above the earth might share its word origin with a Latin word for a room with a high ceiling (remember it is a "vaultd room", not an ordinary room).

Yes of course. In my language moon is "kamer" and this means for me moon is a camera. To understand me i'm not sure is your knowledge or experience enough but i want to try it if i can succeed you have a chance to understand.

First everything started with one man: Adam. Most of the encient sources tells us Adam were know all of the languages. And nowadays all of the languages is a part of Adam's language. After Adam, people is not intelligent and haven't knowledge like Adam, so they choosed some words to use from all of the Adam's words that used. For example an apple is an apple. But if an apple is red, then it's name "elma", if an apple is green then the apple's name is
"pommes". Adam was using all of these words "apple,  pommes, elma" as "an apple" but after him, people were forced to choose one of them. Germans and
English chosed "apple", but Frenches chosen "pommes", turks chosen "elma". But all of these words loosed the actuel meaning. This was to basic to use that use one of the apple's names. Like this example i hope you understand the matter.

Now;

We know what Adam learned, learned them by God before he don't know anything. God is timeless and knows everything today, yesterday and tomorrow as today. There is no difference. So God teached Adam to names of the moon, that one of the names is "kamera" because God knows a day somebody will discover the camera and give it the name as "camera". So one of the name of the moon is camera because Adam used the word as it's own name.

So the moon is camera because Adam were used this name for the moon because he were know the moon is a camera.

I hope you understand me but accept or not it is up to you.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:10:02 PM by İntikam »

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2016, 07:47:32 PM »
<something something Adam's apple>

Poe's law strikes again...

İntikam

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 08:47:47 PM »
<something something Adam's apple>

Poe's law strikes again...

But opposite is true too.

A Chinese verb says that "left is right, and right is wrong"  :)

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2016, 02:51:49 AM »
Notice: In Turkish and in Arabish "kamer" = moon.

I did a little more digging.  Turns out you're cheating a little bit here, taking advantage of Western ignorance of the Turkish language.  The word "kamer" is an archaic word for moon, isn't it?  On top of which it referred NOT to the moon in general, but to a very specific kind of moon: the crescent moon.  Which compares visually to the ceiling of a vaulted room.  Which supports my word-origin postulate.

As far as YOUR word-origin theory goes, that God gave Adam the word to apply to the moon: if so, surely the Hebrews would have used the word?  I find no evidence that ancient Hebrew had a word anything like "kamer" to refer to the moon, and plenty to suggest it did not.  I do find, however, that the word derives from a Hebrew word for camel (which changed only very slightly on its way to English).  Camels have the defining characteristic of humps, the arching shape of which might suggest its eventual application to crescent moons and vaulted ceilings.  Which, once again, supports my word-origin postulate.

I gotta say, it's fun chasing down the truth to answer the bizzare stuff I encounter here!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:25:42 PM by Rounder »
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice