Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: The Great NASA Conspiracy
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2016, 01:34:49 AM »
If all space agencies in the world were in on the conspiracy, you would think there would be at least one leak, like Edward Snowden. There hasn't. Flat Earth is one of the dumbest conspiracy theories in the world.

I registered on this site to ask this but you seem to have already said it. What of all the space agencies that aren't NASA? Why didn't the Russians try to call the USA out when they claimed to land on the moon?

Russia and others actually did call NASA achievements fake during the start of the Cold War.

« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2016, 01:44:14 AM »
If all space agencies in the world were in on the conspiracy, you would think there would be at least one leak, like Edward Snowden. There hasn't. Flat Earth is one of the dumbest conspiracy theories in the world.

I registered on this site to ask this but you seem to have already said it. What of all the space agencies that aren't NASA? Why didn't the Russians try to call the USA out when they claimed to land on the moon?

Russia and others actually did call NASA achievements fake during the start of the Cold War.

Source? They sure didn't seem to push the point very hard if they did.

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2016, 01:50:51 AM »

I would be interested to see a few sources for that claim.  Seems to me they were pretty damn eager to crow about their own space achievements, as in the example below commemorating the first four Vostok manned flights.  The text apparently reads GLORY TO SOVIET PEOPLE AND PIONEERS OF SPACE! a claim which would be severely undermined by turning around and accusing the US of lying about the earth's shape.

Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2016, 02:17:23 AM »
At the same time they were playing up their successes, Soviet propaganda folks were also very busy hiding their failures (missions only got a name/number if they succeeded) and erasing cosmonauts if they washed out of the program for any reason.  So, perhaps a liar assumes the other guy is also lying?  The counterpoint being that the US launched from a publicly viewable location and every launch failure was witnessed by hundreds of spectators, as was every successful launch.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice